Hello!

We bought new hardware for our 2 new Netware 6.5 servers for cluster. Now we
've cluster on Netware 5.1 with shared disk system. I wonder what design of
upgrading is better. Is it better that i install Netware 5.1 on both new
servers and for begining make migration from NW5.1 to NW51 cluster (just
changing the hardware for servers) and the second step make inplace
migration to Netware 6.5?
Or is it better to install Netware 6.5 with latest support packs on both new
servers, prepare existing NDS tree for cluster migration, and make migration
with upgrade wizard on both servers from Netware 5.1 to Netware 6.5.

Thanks,

0
Matjaz

Hi!

I think it is realy simpler to setup the new servers with the new OS and
migrate Data from 5.1 to 6.5 SP2. What DS versions do you have? With 6.5
Edir 8.7.3 will come, maybe you should upgrade the old 5.1 boxes with
that Edir version.

Holger

Matjaz wrote:
> Hello!
>
> We bought new hardware for our 2 new Netware 6.5 servers for cluster. Now we
> 've cluster on Netware 5.1 with shared disk system. I wonder what design of
> upgrading is better. Is it better that i install Netware 5.1 on both new
> servers and for begining make migration from NW5.1 to NW51 cluster (just
> changing the hardware for servers) and the second step make inplace
> migration to Netware 6.5?
> Or is it better to install Netware 6.5 with latest support packs on both new
> servers, prepare existing NDS tree for cluster migration, and make migration
> with upgrade wizard on both servers from Netware 5.1 to Netware 6.5.
>
> Thanks,

0
Holger

Netware 5.1, Netware 5.1 SP6, Netware 5.1 SP8, Nici
I'm building a test network that is currently a mess. This network will be used to test the migration of my 10 netware 5.1 Sp 6 servers to NW 6.5. I'm putting two netware 5.1 servers and one MS 2003 server into the test network. Testserver 1 is a 5.1 SP6 server with a master replica. When installing Testserver 2 using the NW51SP6 overlay, the installation failed with a css.nlm "waiting for xmgr" error. Consequently, I was going to create a 5.1 server and then install the SP6 overlay or the SP6 depending on what worked best. My NW51 original disks are scratched and...

How do I upgrade a NetWare 5.1 cluster to a NetWare 6 cluster
I can't seem to find documents that discribe this process clearly. I beleive that the deployment manager must be run first (2 node cluster running 5.1 SP4 and 8.6.2 edir). The deployment manager does something, and then restarts the servers without cluster services loaded. Do I then upgrade one by booting with NW6 CD? And then upgrade the other the same way? And what happens to my shared NSS volume? When do I actually do the manual commands to upgrade it, before upgrading the first node, before upgrading the second node, after the deployment manager? The documentation i...

Netware 5.1 to Netware 6.5 upgrade
I currently have 2 netware 5.1 servers and want to upgrade to netware 6.5. The Netware 5.1 servers are running NDS 7.47. Should I upgrade to edir on the netware 5.1 servers before the migration, if so what are the steps, as I read the update on the netware 5.1 download section that said that the edir update cannot be applied to a 5.1 server running NDS 7.x or can I use NDS 7.47 on the 5.1 server during the migration process? Thanks John, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated...

Upgrading from Netware 5.1 to netware 6.5
Hi, I plan to migrate my 4 Netware 5.1 servers to netware 6.5. What action do I have to do first?Upgrade DS version, latest patchs... My configuration is : - Netware 5.1 SP5 - DHCP is running - NDPS Broker, Manager - DS version 10330.03 - ZfD 3.2 - DirXml 1.1 + passwordSync I also plan to migrate to NIM 2.0 (or IDM, I don't know how to call that!) and ZEN 4 What is the best method?Any feedback experience on projects like this would really be appreciate! Email is also acceptable! Regards, Maurice TADANG I would apply the sp7 patch to the 5.1 servers, then up...

Upgrade to Netware 6.5 from Netware 5.1
Currently on NW5.1 with a few servers at main and remote offices. Want (need) to upgrade to newer NOS, so my logical choice would be OES with the Netware option (and so that I can start playing with the Linux option). On the training side I'd appreciate a few pointers. I currently have a NW5.1 CNA and several years experience. I'd like to get the necessary training to be able to upgrade and administer Netware 6.5, hopefully with some exposure to the Linux flavor on the side to get me started. Preferably a certfication would help but not mandatory. In the old days I&...

Upgrade Netware 5.1 to Netware 6.5
I have Netware 5.1 SP7 & eDirectory 8.7.03 with 4 servers. I would like to upgrade all servers to Netware 6.5 but only 3 can be upgraded at the same time as 1 server is in a remote office. Should I upgrade the master server in the root partition first? Also, will the upgrade change the eDirectory version? Should I upgrade to eDirectory 8.7.3.3 immediately after the Netware 6.5 upgrade? Please help. Thanks Che From the eDirectory point of view, your servers are already up to date. So an upgrade to NW 6.5 will not upgrade your eDirectory and as such will not create comp...

Netware 5.1 to Netware 6.5 upgrade.
I have 3 Netware 5.1 servers, sp7, and directory 8.7.3.0. and want to upgrade them to Netware 6.5. I will upgrade one server, then the others will be upgraded in a couple of months. Is it best to upgrade my master replica first so my replica in a mixed environment is a 6.5 server? Or at least make my master replica server whatever server I upgrade to 6.5? If so why? Hi, lanman7777@hotmail.com wrote: > > I have 3 Netware 5.1 servers, sp7, and directory 8.7.3.0. and want to > upgrade them to Netware 6.5. > I will upgrade one server, then the others will be up...

Have Groupwise 5.5 on Netware 5.1 going to Netware 6.5
HI there...I have a client that wants to upgrade from Netware 5.1 to 6.5...they have Groupwise 5.5 on that server at present...is the upgrade going to cause a problem. And is Groupwise 5.5 compatiable with Netware 6.5 ? thanks Dave HI, dw@dymaxion.ca wrote: > > HI there...I have a client that wants to upgrade from Netware 5.1 to > 6.5...they have Groupwise 5.5 on that server at present...is the upgrade > going to cause a problem. MOst likely not, however... > And is Groupwise 5.5 compatiable with Netware > 6.5 ? Not officially. It will most ...

Upgrading a Netware 5.1 server to Netware 6.5
I am part of a large tree. Before starting upgrade of Netware 5.1 server to Netware 6.5 I ran dsrepair and received no errors. During the Health check of the upgrade I received two warnings. They are Warning extend schema and repair schema. All the primary servers in the tree have already been upgraded to Netware 6.5. The admin of the primary servers control extend the schema. I am trying to find out if the warnings I received is something they need to repair or is there something else I need to do on my own server? I would appreciated any help I can get. Thanks Michel...

Upgrading from Netware 5.1 to Netware 6.5 #2
I am getting ready to make the move to 6.5. My servers are not in a clustered environment. Will my 5.1 boxes do a straight upgrade to 6.5? Or is there any prep work I need to do before hand? Thanks in advance. > I am getting ready to make the move to 6.5. My servers are not in a > clustered environment. Will my 5.1 boxes do a straight upgrade to 6.5? Or > is there any prep work I need to do before hand? Thanks in advance. From reading other threds here, the 2 things to do first, is to upgrade to the most current eDirectory and the apply the most current patches to t...

Migrating Netware 5.1 to Netware 6.5 Clustered...
Hello everybody. I have a Netware 5.1 server with 150 GB of data on SYS:. We final system is a two-node Netware 6.5 cluster with 36 GB SYS:-volume local in each server (HP DL360) and a MSA1000 with 1.5 TB of data. Since the local nodes can't "hold" the 150 GB of data, I had to get the MSA1000 into action. To do that, I needed to install the two nodes in a temporary tree and install the cluster software, which all works fine. But: If using Novell Migration Wizard, my destination isn't any of the nodes, but the virtual disk-system and I can't get this t...

In-place upgrade from Netware 5.1 to Netware 6.5
I am going to upgrade my Netware 5.1 servers to Netware 6.5, any precautions, suggestions, or comment about the in-place upgrade? There are many servers in my environment, but all of them are: Netware 5.1 SP8 Netware 5.1 SP7 NDS 7.62c NDS7.61 Thanks for any reply. Question Man wrote: > I am going to upgrade my Netware 5.1 servers to Netware 6.5, any > precautions, suggestions, or comment about the in-place upgrade? > > There are many servers in my environment, but all of them are: > Netware 5.1 SP8 > Netware 5.1 SP7 > NDS 7.62c > NDS7.61 ...

Questions on upgrading from Netware 5.1 to Netware 6.5
We are currently running Netware 5.1sp5 ds 8 version 8.82 I want to install a clean netware 6.5 server and make it the Master replica, following with an inplace upgrade of six read\write netware 5.1 servers to 6.5. What should I be concerned about? Does this sound like the appropriate path to take? You can install the NW6.5 server as a Pre-Migration server, there will be no other application installed on the server, use MW7.1. In order to do this make sure all you other servers have eDir8.7.3 install and update the SP to the latest available for NW5.1. Get a copy of the tru...

Web resources about - Upgrade Netware cluster from Netware 5.1 to Netware 6.5 - novell.netware.6x.install

Windows Anytime Upgrade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Windows Anytime Upgrade (WAU) was an upgrade method offered by Microsoft and selected licensed resellers to users who intended to upgrade their ...

President Obama's Facebook Page Upgrades To Timeline
Yes, we can upgrade to timeline. U.S. President Barack Obama's Facebook page has the new layout.

Four Reasons to Upgrade to the New Share Dialog for iOS
... as friend tagging and privacy controls. 2. A faster and more native sharing experience Pinterest and popular iOS game 4 Pics 1 Word upgraded ...

More Streams: Facebook to Upgrade App Directory, App About Pages Soon
Over 50,000 applications have been added to the Facebook application directory since it first launched two years ago, and Facebook says it’s ...

Search Twitter - upgrade
... here Search Refresh Laura Tobin @ Lauratobin1 2m The only way to get through today is chocolate, I'm going to start small with baby & upgrade ...

Brain Upgrade - Improve Concentration and Relieve Stress! on the App Store on iTunes
Get Brain Upgrade - Improve Concentration and Relieve Stress! on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

upgrade - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... Flickr. We noticed that you may be using an unsupported browser. All the basics will still work, but to get the most out of Flickr please upgrade ...

ModBook Upgrade by TechRestore - YouTube
http://www.techrestore.com/ - TechRestore Video - Here is the world's first Modbook upgrade video - TechRestore stop-motion style, of course! ...