Secure FTP

NW6 SP5 EDir 8.7.3.6
I'm currently running the vanilla nwftp server and I want to upgrade to
secure ftp services. I'm kinda' at a loss as to what to do. I've searched
the  knowledgebase, but found no answers. Can someone point me to a resource?

0
wpeacock

wpeacock@uga.edu wrote:
> NW6 SP5 EDir 8.7.3.6
> I'm currently running the vanilla nwftp server and I want to upgrade to
> secure ftp services. I'm kinda' at a loss as to what to do. I've searched
> the  knowledgebase, but found no answers. Can someone point me to a resource?

Depends on what kind of secure FTP you want to implement.  I do the FTP
w/TLSv1 seems to be the most secure and works the best for me.  The FTP
docs for NW6.5 should give you enough detail to set it up.  Also the
following link will give you more information than you will want on
secure FTP.

http://www.ford-hutchinson.com/~fh-1-pfh/ftps-ext.html

See ya!
0
Don

Install FTP after netware installation.
Using Netware 6.5 sp4, how can I after installing the pre-migration server pattern install just the FTP server? Do I use the Install from the GUI or do I use NWConfig? I looked in the NW65PROD cd at the FTP directory, and just saw the ftp.zip. I didn't see any .in or other 'installation' file to select from Install via the GUI or NWConfig. Thanks in advance! Dave S. D. Rose wrote: > Using Netware 6.5 sp4, how can I after installing the pre-migration server > pattern install just the FTP server? Do I use the Install from the GUI or > do I use NWConfig?...

Installation of FTP on netware 6
Hello out there. I have a customer that is going to use ftp to deliver electonic bills to her customers. The apps that is doing that stores a file ( some where in the filesystem ( predefined)) and the ftp server is going to deliver that file to the customer. There is today about 3 different customers that is going to have those files. Is it possible to use NetwareFtpServer to manage that ?? how can i script it to deliver file A to customer A and not to customer B and so on?? Or do i have to buy another ftp server that is windows based?? regardes rune madsen Rune,...

NetWare FTP and SuSE install
We put the SuSE installation files on a NetWare 6.5 server. It in the path volume\9.0 For some reason the installtion doesn't work correctly when using this setup. The FTP session uses authentication. It sets the folder to the root for 9.0 but the installion won't start unless you specify \\volume\9.0\. Seem like the installation routing is logging to the root of the volume even though the accounts home directory is set to 9.0. If I set the path to \\volume\9.0\ the installation starts but when it gets to the screen where you select the products, it says no products ...

Netware 6.5 and secure FTP
I'm not sure which group this should go in. So if I am posting in the wrong group, I apologies. Is Netware 6.5 capable of doing FTP/Implicit SSL over port 990? If so, how is this configured? In testing, I have only been able to do SSL over port 21. But I have an app that will only do Implicit SSL on 990. -- daybrite ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On 01/03/2010 17:06, daybrite wrote: > I'm not sure which group this should go in. So if I am posting in the > wrong group, I apologies. Maybe http://forums.nove...

Secure FTP Netware 5.1 SP7
I just upgraded one of my servers to 5.1 SP7 from 5.1 SP6 for the sole purpose of having secure FTP. The problem is I have no idea how to get this going. My 5.1 documentation refers to web interfaces to start this service but my company does not allow me to utilize the web interfaces due to possible security issues/concerns. I have another Netware 5.1 SP6 server running my current FTP services (non-secure)and didn't want to disrupt connections. The NWFTPD.NLM doesn't appear to be available on the updated server and am pretty sure the NLM has changed all together. S...

Securing a NetWare 6.5 FTP server....
Hello all.... I have a NetWare 6.5 SP5 FTP server and I am looking into securing the downloads to it. My goals are two-fold: 1. I would like to make it as secure as possible. 2. I would like to make it as easy as possible on my existing users of this FTP server without compromising goal #1. How do I do this? (And, please, speak slowly and assume that I know nothing about setting up an FTP server because I actually know next to nothing. Detailed instructions are encouraged and would be greatly appreciated.) Thanks in advance. Delon E. Weuve Senior Network Engineer ...

netware 6.5 sp7 ftp install
Hello I have a client that wants me to install and configure a ftp on his netware 6.5 server what are the steps to accomplish this. Thank you -- jason2329 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Jason2329, > Hello I have a client that wants me to install and configure a ftp on > his netware 6.5 server what are the steps to accomplish this. Thank you > http://www.novell.com/documentation/oes2/file_ftp_nw/data/a2fbytp.html#a2fbytp - Anders Gustafsson (Sysop) The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Discover the Novell forums at http:...

Secure FTP on Netware 5.1 SP7
I just upgraded one of my servers to 5.1 SP7 from 5.1 SP6 for the sole purpose of having secure FTP. The problem is I have no idea how to get this going. My 5.1 documentation refers to web interfaces to start this service but my company does not allow me to utilize the web interfaces due to possible security issues/concerns. I have another Netware 5.1 SP6 server running my current FTP services (non-secure)and didn't want to disrupt connections. The NWFTPD.NLM doesn't appear to be available on the updated server and am pretty sure the NLM has changed all together. S...

How to install FTP on OES Netware 6.6/SP5 ?
Hello! I'm trying to configure FTPD on our server. I have a sys:\etc\nftpserv.cfg file, I also have the option to configure it under iManager (version 2.5.20051102) under File Protocols/FTP but I can't seem to locate NWFTPD.NLM ! I can't believe it didn't get installed, but that appears to be the case, since FTPStart.NCF can't locate NWFTPD. How do I resolve this and get NWFTPD installed? It doesn't appear anywhere in the SP5 service pack for NW 6.5. Thanks! -Michael Michael Regoli, > Hello! I'm trying to configure FTPD on our ser...

Secure FTP Netware 5.1 SP7 #2
I just upgraded one of my servers to 5.1 SP7 from 5.1 SP6 for the sole purpose of having secure FTP. The problem is I have no idea how to get this going. My 5.1 documentation refers to web interfaces to start this service but my company does not allow me to utilize the web interfaces due to possible security issues/concerns. I have another Netware 5.1 SP6 server running my current FTP services (non-secure)and didn't want to disrupt connections. The NWFTPD.NLM doesn't appear to be available on the updated server and am pretty sure the NLM has changed all together. S...

Secure FTP server for NetWare (NLM or JAVA based)
Does anyone know if such a beast exists.....the base ftp server is great, but i need an sftp version and would like to also run on netware if i can. thanks, chip Netware 6.5 has one that is part of openssh I couldn't find any binaries for it but it looks like one is on its way. A search through the documentation for netware 6.5 will tell you some of its features however it seems useless for nw6 right now. if any one else reads will there be a binary that will work with nw6? JH > Does anyone know if such a beast exists.....the base ftp server is great, ...

Security Services 2.0.1 ( and 2.0.2 ) and NetWare FTP
I have problems ( can�t login ) to login to all NetWare FTP servers after installing SS 2.0.1 ( and no change after installing 2.0.2 ). Same problem is with NetWare Screen Saver on NW 6.5 servers. I am not sure about FTP. But I know the scrsaver works. I have servers running edir881 and ss202 and i unlock scrsaver all the time. I am running nw65sp5 > I am not sure about FTP. But I know the scrsaver works. I have servers > running edir881 and ss202 and i unlock scrsaver all the time. I am running > nw65sp5 > Jeff, I�m on eDir 8.7.3.8, there is a problem. D...

Netware FTP vs. OES2L FTP
Guys, running Netware FTP for customers to dump some files via FTP to my NSS volumes. Does this really work exactly the same with OES2 Linux FTP (pure-ftpd) ? Can a user login with eDir account and get right into there homedir on the NSS volume on OES2 Linux? Or other common NSS volume/dir. Cheers, Anders -- -- Technical Consultant KERFI AB, Sweden ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Yes, using pure-ftpd on OES2 Linux, you can get access to NSS volumes using an eDirectory user. 'Novell Documentation' (http://www...

FTP installation source broken after install
Greetings, I know this is something stupid that I'm doing wrong but....I have some older servers without DVD drives, so I set up a SLES10SP3 32-bit installation folder on our ftp server, under the root in the pub/sles10sp3 folder. I coped all the files from the DVD there. So the install goes fine, I boot from the 32-bit CD, choose FTP during install and configure the server and folder, anonymous access. It finds all the files and installs. Then, once the install is done, anytime I access anything with software I'm told it can't access the installation media, when I...

Web resources about - Secure FTP - novell.netware.6x.install

Secure Digital - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Secure Digital or ( SD ) is a non-volatile memory card format for use in portable devices, such as mobile phones , digital cameras , GPS navigation ...

Facebook To Users: ‘Add Your Phone Number To Help Secure Your Account’
Some Facebook users are seeing alerts above the Graph Search bars on their News Feeds , prompting them to “Add your phone number to help secure ...

Premier signs on to secure regatta future
ONE of the world’s oldest regattas has this year welcomed the support of Tasmanian Premier Will Hodgman, all in a bid to keep the event running ...

OS X 10.11.4 public beta with Live Photos in Messages, secure Notes, and more is now available
... new OS X 10.11.4 prerelease that first hit developers earlier this week. New features include Live Photo viewing and sharing in Messages, secure ...

ISIS has its own secure messaging system this illustrates the futility of communication surveillance
... to evade detection. This is something that was perfectly demonstrated this week when it became apparent that ISIS has developed its own secure ...

Ex-NSA chief defends end-to-end encryption, says ‘backdoors’ will make us less secure
... Agency of being champions of privacy. But General Michael Hayden, a former Director of the NSA, does see some value in preserving secure end-to-end ...

How secure is your home Wi-Fi?
Bugs and security flaws could leave your routers and Internet-connected devices vulnerable

How to find and secure scholarships
College applications are in, and it's time to hunt for college money. Here's how to find the best scholarships for you.

Widow says Apple told her to get court order to secure dead husband's password
Technically Incorrect: A Canadian woman says that when her husband died, even showing the company his death certificate and will do no good in ...

President Bush apologized to China to secure U.S. airmen held captive
... to rethink their strategy. After all, Ronald Reagan —the American president who actually negotiated with terrorists—tried and failed to secure ...