NetWare 6.5 User Licenses in a NetWare 6 tree

Never heard of that one before, but the consulting firm I work for was
told
by a Novell sales rep that NetWare 6.5 user licenses will work in a
NetWare
6 tree. I installed them in the same container as my other licenses.
They,
of course, created a new license container to hold them. It has been
three
weeks and not a single license has been consumed. Looking at the other

licenses, 2 more than the installed amount are in use. To me it seems
that
the clients or NLS cannot retrieve one of those new licenses. Has
anyone
heard of this before? Or was the boss taken for a ride on this one?

Thanks,

Ed

0
Ed

Ed,
depends on what exactly your Boss asked.
Of course 6.5 licenses will "work" in a NW 6 tree, means you can use
both at the same time without problems. They both work.
However accessing a NW 6.5 server requires NW6.5 licenses and
accessing
NW 6 requires NW6 licenses.

--
Regards, Kai Reichert
Novell Support Forums Sysop

There is an old saying that if a million monkeys typed on a million
keyboards for a million years, eventually all the works of Shakespeare

would be produced. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not
true.

0
Kai

Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Thank you! Mark, > Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new > NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 > servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Run the NWDeploy.exe from the OS CD, run the Extend schema and prepare network options. On Feb 1, 6:09 pm, Hamish <ham...@haitch.net> wrote: > Mark, > &...

Installing first Netware 6.5 server into an all Netware 6 Tree
Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write replice into an all Netware 6 tree. Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is there a edirectory version? any documents on this? > Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write > replice into an all Netware 6 tree. > > Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is > there a edirectory version? any documents on this? Read/write replica of the root partition, or read/write of some other partition? ...

Install Netware 6.5 SP5 Server in the Netware 6.0 SP5 Tree
Good day ! There is a little problem . We have fully functional tree Netware 6.0SP5 on a four servers (it works VERY FINE through 3 years).All servers are Dell PE2600. None of postfixes neither patches released after SP5 not installed - pure SP5 only. One weeks ago we've got a new server - Dell PE 1950 8))) specially for some tasks, and we found that NW 6.0 NOT APPLICABLE for this type PE.Well, we have licensed 6.5 and we thought about tree upgrade, but it was planned as "not-in-this-month" task. And now I think ,that acceptable decision for us will - to instal...

Netware 6 to Netware 6.5 license upgrade
I have three Netware 6 servers and 300 NW6 user licences. I bought 300 NW6.5 user licences upgrade. After I will upgrade one server to NW6.5 how should I proceed with client upgrade licences to insure that users can communicate with all servers? Thanks, Nathan On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 20:42:51 GMT, "Nathan Kaplan" <nkaplan@chacinc.com> wrote: >I have three Netware 6 servers and 300 NW6 user licences. I bought 300 NW6.5 >user licences upgrade. After I will upgrade one server to NW6.5 how should I >proceed with client upgrade licences to insure that users can...

Using NetWare 6.5 licenses with NetWare 6?
Novell NetWare 6 Support Pack Revision 04 (C) Copyright 1983-2003 Novell Inc. All Rights Reserv Server Version 5.60.04 December 12, 2003 Novell eDirectory Version 8.6.2 SMP NDS Version 10350.30 December 15, 2003 Server License: Novell NetWare 6 Server 600 SN:301453 User Licenses: Novell NetWare 6 User 600 (Hard Stop) -------------- I've added 50 NetWare 6.5 & previous licenses. These new licenses are not being issued. All license certificates have been assigned to...

installing netware 6.5 cluster into exisiting netware 5 tree.

installing netware 6.5 servers into a exisiting netware 5 tree.
Currently have Netware 5.0 Servers sp4 and some sp5 We intend to install two new cluster servers running the latest version so would like to install two 6.5 Netware Servers which includes a 2 node cluster. Is it possible to install netware 6.5 into my existing Netware 5.0 network. Also we currently are running a 2 node cluster on netware 5 running the first ver of cluster servers 1.0. We found that this version wouldnt support our subnet mask of 255.255.240.0 but only the default one 255.255.255.0. Can the new version of cluster services support 255.255.240.0 Regards. &g...

Netware 6.5 Server in a Netware 6.0 Tree
Created a Netware OES server and placed in a predominantly 6.0 Tree with appropriate 6.0 user licenses. My question is "what do I need to do to begin using it as a resource in that tree?" Will all users be able to access the 6.5 server as it stands? On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 15:04:25 GMT, tomm@juice4u.com wrote: >Created a Netware OES server and placed in a predominantly 6.0 Tree with >appropriate 6.0 user licenses. My question is "what do I need to do to >begin using it as a resource in that tree?" > >Will all users be able to access the 6.5 server a...

Netware 6.5 Licenses on Netware 5
Hi, We had the need to add 5 user licenses to our Netware 5 server. We knew these were no longer available but were informed that Netware 6.5 licenses are backwardly computable. We purchased an additional 5 Netware 6.5 user licenses and added them to our tree using NWadmin. I read in various forums that 6.5 user licenses aren't assigned to a server I left it at that. An hour later they were still not being used. It then occurred to me that Netware 5 may not be able to deal with unassigned licenses so I have assigned them to the correct server. Again having left it about an h...

Netware 6 into Netware 5.1 tree
I have an existing tree of NW51 servers and will be setting up a new NW6 server to add into the tree. How will the licensing work between the two systems when 5.1 counts concurrent connections and 6 counts the number of users who have logged in over the last 90 days? Hi, tom.barnfield@xtra.co.nz wrote: > > I have an existing tree of NW51 servers and will be setting up a new NW6 > server to add into the tree. How will the licensing work between the two > systems when 5.1 counts concurrent connections and 6 counts the number of > users who have logged ...

Adding NetWare 6.5 servers to NetWare 6.0 tree
I have two NetWare servers in one tree, one with SP5 and the other with SP3. I would like to add two NetWare 6.5 servers to this existing tree and then I will be clustering the two NetWare 6.5 servers. Are there any concerns, preresequites, or ramifications that I should be aware of? Thanks! , > Are there any concerns, preresequites, or ramifications that I should > be aware of? > Run the deployment wizard from the SP6 Overlay CD. It will tell you what needs to be done. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Islands ...

Can Netware 6.0 licenses be used on Netware 6.5 ?
Hello, I have currently installed Netware 6.5SP5 on two servers. One is a HP Proliant server. And the other is a backup server. Anyway some one offered me licenses for Netware 6.0 Am wondering if they will work on NW6.5 ?. Apparently they never needed them but I ain't sure they will work. Any help appreciatted Kevin Duplicate post And the answer is no, 6.0 licenses won't work on 6.5. (nor the other way around). -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Kevin as Barry says 6.0 is only good on a 6.0 server. You can have both in the...

Can Netware 6.0 licenses be used on Netware 6.5 ?
Hello, I have currently installed Netware 6.5SP5 on two servers. One is a HP proliant. And the other is a backup server. Anyway some one offered me licenses for Netware 6.0 Am wondering if they will work on NW6.5 ?. Apparently they never needed them. Any help appreciatted Kevin > I have currently installed Netware 6.5SP5 on two servers. One is a HP > proliant. And the other is a backup server. > > Anyway some one offered me licenses for Netware 6.0 > > Am wondering if they will work on NW6.5 ?. Apparently they never needed > them. > No,...

Web resources about - NetWare 6.5 User Licenses in a NetWare 6 tree - novell.netware.6x.install

License - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
) refers to that permission as well as to the document recording that permission. A license may be granted by a party ("licensor") to another ...

SAP Rising: Q4 Rev Beats, License Business Holds Up Despite Cloud Growth
... ” line item, basically the cloud computing part of its statement, rose by 81%, year over year, to €630 million. The traditional “software license ...

The man regulating Britain's fintech startups says: 'Innovation is not a license to cut corners'
Fintech, or financial technology, is booming in Britain right now in part thanks to support from the government and regulators. Millions are ...

MPEG LA Facilitating Development of Enhanced Voice Services Patent Pool License
MPEG LA announced today that in response to market demand, a number of companies responsible for developing the Enhanced Voice Services (EVS) ...

Old driver's license? You can still fly for 2 more years
Passengers from five states and American Samoa would have had to use their passports as identification at airports due to federal law

Illinois air travelers win reprieve for use of driver's licenses at airports
Chicago Tribune Illinois air travelers win reprieve for use of driver's licenses at airports Chicago Tribune Illinois air travelers won a ...

Study: Millennials ditching licenses
According to a new study, millennials are ditching driver's licenses at a quickening pace. USA Today reports.

Netflix CEO: 'It may be soon that we have a license in China'
The mega-popular streaming service is currently available virtually everywhere except China but that may not be the case for much longer.

Wisconsin Farmers Challenging Law That Won’t Let Them Sell Baked Goods Without A Commercial License
... delicious. But it won’t be easy, considering state law doesn’t allow residents to sell baked goods directly to the public without a licensed ...

Your license plate: Window to your life
Automated License Plate Readers are marketed to law enforcement agencies as an investigative tool. But most of the systems collect and store ...