NetWare 6.5 Server Install - Two NICS, Same IP, right way?

Hello,
 I just finished installing a NW 6.5 SP2 server that has two onboard
Intel E100B Nic's.  I configured them both for IP only and with the same
IP address.  I then went into INETCFG and enabled Load Balancing and
Fault Tolerance.  Both NIC's are on the same IP network at the switch,
and communications seems to working fine.  Did I configure everything
correctly in using the same IP address on two nics and to have LB and
FT?  I've installed lots of NW servers, but never with two nics before
for LB and FT.

Also, I did apply the edir 8733 patch after installation.  Any other
patches needed?

Thanks,
scottb@clackamas.edu
0
scottb

> Did I configure everything
> correctly in using the same IP address on two nics and to have LB and
> FT?  I've installed lots of NW servers, but never with two nics before
> for LB and FT.

You should be OK.

> Also, I did apply the edir 8733 patch after installation.  Any other
> patches needed?

I'd suggest you also install the latest NSS update:

http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2970234.htm

and possibly the latest TCPIP update:

http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2970468.htm

--