Netware 6.5 Installation - Host Name and Domain

Hello,

I am test driving Netware 6.5 and am in the middle of installation. I am
at the screen where it asks what my Host Name and Domain name is. I don't
have a DNS server and my name isn't registered so what should I put in
those boxes? My servername is NW1 so I could put that in the Host Name.
But, what about the Domain Name? Should I just enter Local?

I am using a router which assigns IP addresses. Since I am still testing
Netware, and don't have a DNS server, I could just use the HOSTS file on
the workstation, correct?

Thanks in advance for your help,
John

0
jhieb

jhieb@comcast.net wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am test driving Netware 6.5 and am in the middle of installation. I am
> at the screen where it asks what my Host Name and Domain name is. I don't
> have a DNS server and my name isn't registered so what should I put in
> those boxes? My servername is NW1 so I could put that in the Host Name.
> But, what about the Domain Name? Should I just enter Local?

Pretty much anything you want.

> I am using a router which assigns IP addresses. Since I am still testing
> Netware, and don't have a DNS server, I could just use the HOSTS file on
> the workstation, correct?

Yes.

-andy
0