NetWare 5.1 Small Business upgrade to NetWare 6.5 SBS fatal error

Attempt to upgrade NetWare 5.1 Small Business to NetWare 6.5 SBS failed
with fatal error.  In-place upgrade on Compaq ML350 G2, existing NOS is
NW5.1 SBS running SP8.  Running NW65OSSP2 overlay CD, process ran
smoothly through selection of server software components, upon start of
file copy fatal error message is displayed.  Same result with minimal
install of basic NetWare server and GroupWise only.

Full text of the error message is:  "Fatal error: Path null is invalid or
not recognizable."   Additional information is available in
SYS:\NI\Data\ni.log and other files.
0
Bob

Bob,

- Check all of the other support tools and options available at
http://support.novell.com.
correct newsgroup. (http://support.novell.com/forums)

http://support.novell.com/forums/faq_general.html

Good luck!