Need help installing Digital Airlines demo (6.5) #2

Oops, hit the enter key instead of the tab key. Sorry about that.

Anyway, I'm trying to install the Digital Airlines demo (Netware 6.5) in
a Microsoft Virtual PC environment. I get stuck trying to load the
network card. The computer has an Intel Pro/100+ adapter, which is
onfigured in the Virtual PC as Adapter 1. It's installed in PCI slot 3.
When hdetect says it can't find a network card, I manually load the Intel
8255x PCI Adapter driver, which lists Intel Pro/100+ as a supported
adapter, and set it to slot 3 but it won't load. It also says that 10007
and 10008 are available slots, but I can't get it to load with those
either.

Any suggestions, short of not doing it in Virtual PC? Or is there a
better place to post this query?

Thanks,

--Doug

0
Doug

As far as I know, Virtual PC does not let you see the physical network
adapter, but emulates an Ethernet card based on a DEC chip. What you
need in that case is the DC21X4.LAN driver. The driver should be
available in the c:\drivers\unsuppdrv directory os the server.

--
Marcel Cox (using XanaNews 1.16.3.1)
0

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting.  That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

- Check all of the other support tools and options available at http://support.novell.com in both the "free product support" and "paid product support" drop down boxes.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the correct newsgroup. (http://support.novell.com/forums)

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0