mysql 5.0.24 gives error "Can't find messagefile '\MYSQL\bin/\MYSQL\bin/sys:/mysql/share/english/errmsg.sys'"

Hi All

I've just tried to do a small mysql update to 5.0.24, but it gives me an
error:
Can't find messagefile '\MYSQL\bin/\MYSQL
\bin/sys:/mysql/share/english/errmsg.sys'

I've tried adding basedir=sys:/mysql to the my.cnf:
[mysqld]
default-character-set=latin1
language=english
bind-address=0.0.0.0
port=3306
datadir=web:/mysqldb
basedir=sys:/mysql
skip-locking
skip-innodb

but it didn't do any difference, does anybody have an idea to this?
-1
NetwareGuy

NetwareGuy,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting.  That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

- Check all of the other support tools and options available at http://support.novell.com in both the "free product support" and "paid product support" drop down boxes.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the correct newsgroup. (http://support.novell.com/forums)

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

-1
Automatic
8/9/2006 6:56:40 PM
Is there a solution for this?
Netware Guy posted it on 05 Aug 06.
Thanks.
2
gphillips
8/27/2006 11:05:56 AM
,
> Can't find messagefile '\MYSQL\bin/\MYSQ

I cannot find the originalpost. Care to explain again:
- What version of NW
- What service packs
- At what point the error shows

Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2195

0
Anders
8/27/2006 1:23:38 PM
MW 6.5 sp5
Entering mysqld_safe at server prompt loads mysql database server screen
which displays at the bottom:
mysql started: date and time
mysql stopped: same date and time
(NLM has terminated; press any key to close screen)

The host.err file contains:
[error] Can't find messagefile '\MYSQL\bin/
\MYSQL\bin/sys:/mysql/share/english/errmsg.sys'
[error] aborting

The errmsg.sys file exists at:
sys:/mysql/share/english/

> ,
> > Can't find messagefile '\MYSQL\bin/\MYSQ
> >
> I cannot find the originalpost. Care to explain again:
> - What version of NW
> - What service packs
> - At what point the error shows
>
> Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
>   NSC Volunteer Sysop
>   Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
>
> Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
> Enhancement requests for all Novell products may be made at
> http://support.novell.com/enhancement
>
> Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2195

0
gphillips
8/27/2006 2:15:22 PM
,
> [error] Can't find messagefile '\MYSQL\bin/
> \MYSQL\bin/sys:/mysql/share/english/errmsg.sys'
> [error] aborting
>
> The errmsg.sys file exists at:
> sys:/mysql/share/english/

OK. But the path is goofy, notice "/\". Has it ever worked. If so what
did you do to break it?

Just for laughs, try:
mysqld_safe --language=sys:/mysql/share/english

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2195

0
Anders
8/27/2006 5:26:50 PM
Another thought. Check your my.cnf in sys:etc

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2195

0
Anders
8/27/2006 5:31:50 PM
> Another thought. Check your my.cnf in sys:etc
>
> - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
>   NSC Volunteer Sysop
>   Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
>
> Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
> Enhancement requests for all Novell products may be made at
> http://support.novell.com/enhancement
>
> Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2195

5.0.24 has never worked, it was the 1st upgrade from 4.0.24a.
Have tried the: mysqld_safe --language=sys:/mysql/share/english
which errors with: [ERROR] Can't find messagefile '\mysql\bin/
\mysql\bin/sys:/mysql/share/sys:/mysql/share/english/errmsg.sys'

The my.cnf file contains:
[client]
user = root
[mysqld]
bind-address = 0.0.0.0
port = 3306
datadir = sys:/mysql/data
skip-locking
skip-innobd

Have tried 5.0.21 and that loads ok.
Have also tried 5.1.9 beta and that loads ok so i'll try running with the
beta version.
Thanks for replying and for your help.
Gary Phillips.
0
gphillips
8/29/2006 11:33:18 AM
,
> 5.0.24 has never worked, it was the 1st upgrade from 4.0.24a.
> Have tried the: mysqld_safe --language=sys:/mysql/share/english
> which errors with: [ERROR] Can't find messagefile '\mysql\bin/
> \mysql\bin/sys:/mysql/share/sys:/mysql/share/english/errmsg.sys'

OK. Now I see. 6.5 ships with 4.x and you upgraded to 5.x. I assume you
ran into a bug in MySQL when it parsed the path. Parsing paths is
somewhat tricky, ie taking into account all the variations of
separators in different OSes.

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2195

0
Anders
8/29/2006 11:38:54 AM
On 05/08/2006 18:31, NetwareGuy wrote:

> I've just tried to do a small mysql update to 5.0.24, but it gives me an
> error:
> Can't find messagefile '\MYSQL\bin/\MYSQL
> \bin/sys:/mysql/share/english/errmsg.sys'
>
> I've tried adding basedir=sys:/mysql to the my.cnf:
> [mysqld]
> default-character-set=latin1
> language=english
> bind-address=0.0.0.0
> port=3306
> datadir=web:/mysqldb
> basedir=sys:/mysql
> skip-locking
> skip-innodb
>
> but it didn't do any difference, does anybody have an idea to this?

There was a problem with the distribution files for 5.0.24 which was
fixed with 5.0.24a - you therefore need to download and install the
latter version.

HTH

Simon
0
Simon

Re: mysql 5.0.24 gives error "Can't find messagefile '\MYSQL\bin/\MYSQL\bin/sys:/mysql/share/english/errmsg.sys'"
Is there a solution for this? Netware Guy posted it on 05 Aug 06. Thanks. ...

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)
Hi, I get the error when I try to connect.. :o(( What's wrong? TIA, Juan. ...

error
I just recently reinstalled MySQL-server-4.0.20-0.i386.rpm and now when I bring up my http://158.114.148.90/bugzilla/ page, I get the following error diplayed on the browser: Software error: Bugzilla is currently broken. Please try again later. If the problem persists, please contact long.p.nguyen@ngc.com. The error you should quote is: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) at globals.pl line 140. For help, please send mail to the webmaster (root@localhost), giving this error message and the time and date of the error. What did I not do? ...

ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysql/mysql.soc
2 day old install of 11.3; I installed MYSQL from yast2; 12 items relating to MYSQL are shown as installed; on a command line (as root) I get "ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysql/mysql.soc" when I type MYSQL. Another problem ; Apache is installed and running, but my install of PHP from Yast has been troubled, and very much unlike what I read here : "http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/feature/595.html" ; a web page with phpinfo() shows nothing; do I have to do another manual config of LAMP ? If so wh...

ERROR [HYT00] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Can't connect to MySQL server on 'work' (10050)
Hi  I am facing problems with connecting to MySQL, I am using the same settings as before and earlier I was able to connect. I formatted the machine and now am getting problems.The following is my connection string:<add key="ConnectionString" value="Driver={mySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};Server=servername;Database=dbname;Uid=uid;Pwd=pwd;Option=3;" />and I receive the following error:ERROR [HYT00] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Can't connect to MySQL server on 'work' (10050) Please help me on this front. ThanksSandyLooking to check the time, goto http://whatisthe...

ERROR [HY000] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)
Greetings all! I have this weird error "ERROR [HY000] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)" on my website that is supposed to connect to a MySQL database on a different server (NOT localhost). Here's the scenario: I develop my ASP.Net 2.0 website on my PC using this connection string for my ObjectDataSource: <add name="ConnectionString" connectionString="Driver={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};server:localhost; database=MYDBASE;uid=MYUID;pwd=MYPWD" providerName="System.Data.Odbc" /> After testing and finding all pages working fine, I changed my co...

FW: buzgilla.mysql issue: [ERROR] Error writing file 'mysql-bin' (errno: 13)
Dear Raghu, I am Leo from Emerson, Please help me to resolve the following issue, I had installed Bugzilla 3.6.3 on Windows platform,use the windows installe= r from bugzilla official website. But the following issue happened on my Bugzilla UI,please help to check, Software error: DBD::mysql::db do failed: Query execution was interrupted [for Statement "U= PDATE logincookies SET lastused =3D NOW()=20 WHERE cookie =3D ?"] at Bugzilla/Auth/Login/Cookie.p= m line 74 Bugzilla::Auth::Login::Cookie::get_login_info('Bugzilla::Auth::Login::Cook...

Calendar Extender generates message "Sys.InvalidOperationException: Two components with the same id '{ExtenderId}' can't be added to the application error." when the container update panel is refreshe
Update Panel 1 contains an image button that triggers the refresh of a second update panel. The second panel contains a text box and a calendar extender. Both update panels have UpdateMode conditional. When the image button in update panel 1 triggers update panel 2, the message  Sys.InvalidOperationException: Two components with the same id '{ExtenderId}' can't be added to the application.  is generated. I am using AjaxControlToolkit release 10618.  Any ideas as to what might be happening or suggestions to work arond this issue?  Thanks in advance FJ &n...

Perl Mysql
Hi all, I am installing Bugzilla3 on a windowsXP box together with Mysql5.0.45 and ActivePerl-5.8.8.820. It passed the checksetup and created the database. However, when I point my Firefox to http://localhost/ I got the following error: install_driver(mysql) failed: Can't load 'C:/Perl/site/lib/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.dll' for module DBD::mysql: load_file:The specified module could not be found at C:/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 230. at (eval 34) line 3 Compilation failed in require at (eval 34) line 3. Perhaps a required shared library or dll isn't installed...

Can't Update CPAN, Can't Install DBD::mysql
I upgraded to Lion. I have pre-existing Perl modules that I had installed, but I hadn't yet installed DBD::mysql. When I try to install DBD::mysql, I get this: Checking if your kit is complete... Looks good Using DBI 1.615 (for perl 5.012003 on darwin-thread-multi-2level) installed in /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.12/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/DBI/ Writing Makefile for DBD::mysql Can't exec "/usr/bin/make": No such file or directory at /System/Library/Perl/5.12/CPAN/Distribution.pm line 2026. CAPTTOFU/DBD-mysql-4.020.tar.gz /usr/bin/make -- NOT...

Can't locate object method "TIEHASH" via package "Apache::Session::MySQL"
All the sudden I'm having problems with this module. Ever since I switched servers. # perl -v This is perl, v5.8.7 built for i386-freebsd-64int Apache::Session is up to date (1.80). Apache::Session::MySQL is up to date (1.01). DBD::mysql is up to date (3.0002). oh, my code: eval { tie %session, 'Apache::Session::MySQL', $session_id, { Handle => $dbh, LockHandle => $dbh }; }; if ($@) # if an error occurred, old session is unavailable; create a new one { tie %session, 'Apache::Session::MySQL', undef...

Re: Can't Update CPAN, Can't Install DBD::mysql
Good morning, On 28/09/11 at 3:59 PM -0400, Lola Lee Beno <lola@his.com> wrote: >That's what I was afraid of. Apparently a previous install of=20 >make got blown away. In the process of downloading XCode from=20 >App Store (uggggh) . . . I had to install Xcode twice (not download, just install twice).=20 And I seem to recall some reports from others saying the same=20 thing. Installing twice also fixed borked xcode for a colleague.=20 I never bothered to find out why that fixed things; just=20 proceeded and kept working. Charlie --=20 =E1=8F=8A C...

USB-DVD: "Can't find the openSUSE Repository", can't install.
Greetings, A happy openSUSE user on my laptop, I want to use it on a new desktop computer / home server. It doesn't have an optical drive, so I've created a bootable USB stick out of a DVD ISO, based on the instructions at 'SDB:Live USB stick - openSUSE' (http://tinyurl.com/7zyvyt5) I can boot without problem from the USB stick, but I'm getting the error "Could not find the openSUSE Repository. Activating manual setup program". It then leads me to a basic, text-only interface, but I can't continue the install. A helpful soul in #suse suggeste...

Web resources about - mysql 5.0.24 gives error "Can't find messagefile '\MYSQL\bin/\MYSQL\bin/sys:/mysql/share/english/errmsg.sys'" - novell.netware.6x.install