Migrate Netware 6 users to Netware 6

I am setting up a new Netware 6 server replacing our old hardware.  I have
alredy installed and have the new server running.  All I need is to be able
to copy the existing instructor accounts over.  Is there an easy way to do
this?

Thanks
    Dave.

0
David

David,
> I am setting up a new Netware 6 server replacing our old hardware.  I have
> alredy installed and have the new server running.  All I need is to be able
> to copy the existing instructor accounts over.  Is there an easy way to do
> this?

The migration wizard. Download from Novell. Read the manual.

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE5, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com)
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
  Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2195

0
Anders

Migrate NetWare 6 to Netware 6
I have a box running Netware 6 and I would liek ot migrate it to new server hardware---Hwat is the best way to do this....I wan to make sure I keep my IP address, server name, iPrint config, Printer Queue def, Home- Dir, etc.... paul , > I have a box running Netware 6 and I would liek ot migrate it to new > server hardware---Hwat is the best way to do this....I wan to make sure I > keep my IP address, server name, iPrint config, Printer Queue def, Home- > Dir, etc.... > The Migration Wizard. Or use portlock to clone the disks. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, ...

Hardware migration from Netware 6 to Netware 6
Hi, I am trying to migrate hardware from Netware 6 to Netware 6 using Novell Netware Migration Wizard 7.1. My question is that do I have to set up a new (destination) server into the same subnet with old (source) server? I read the TID 10085160 which recommends that not connected new server to the network. Howerver, according to the Novell Netware Migration Wizard 7.1 Document, for better performance, source and destination, and workstation run on a common LAN segment. Can you please let me know.... Thank you, yuen On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 18:08:27 GMT, Yuen.kim@hotma...

Help With migrating from Netware 6 to Netware 6.5
Hi All, This is my first post, so I am sorry if it is a stupid question. I am trying to complete a hardware migration using the migration wizard, but I've hit a snag and don't know how to get past it. I have taken both servers off the network and plugged them into a Gig switch at home to help with the migration speed. The data sucessfully migrated without a hitch, but when I try to complete the NDS/ eDir Migration I get the following error Server 'IHSCS1' won't return the correct time. Please check the timesync status on this server. --- Error ca...

NetWare 6.5 User Licenses in a NetWare 6 tree
Never heard of that one before, but the consulting firm I work for was told by a Novell sales rep that NetWare 6.5 user licenses will work in a NetWare 6 tree. I installed them in the same container as my other licenses. They, of course, created a new license container to hold them. It has been three weeks and not a single license has been consumed. Looking at the other licenses, 2 more than the installed amount are in use. To me it seems that the clients or NLS cannot retrieve one of those new licenses. Has anyone heard of this before? Or was the boss taken for a ride on this o...

Install Netware 6.5 in current Netware 6 for DirXML use?
I would like to install Netware 6.5 in our current NW6.0 environemnt for using the Dirxml starter pack. Any issues such as I have only SP2 on all servers can not go to SP3 at the moment. I know DirxML will require a replica of DirxMl accounts needed so can the two versions of Directory servcies co-exists alright? I would lik eto know if I can simply insert the new NW6.5 into our current tree with out changes to the current NW6 + SP2 environment? Thanks Bradley Bowness, Although SP is recommended, there shouldn't be any compatibility problems. Just be sure to r...

Installing first Netware 6.5 server into an all Netware 6 Tree
Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write replice into an all Netware 6 tree. Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is there a edirectory version? any documents on this? > Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write > replice into an all Netware 6 tree. > > Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is > there a edirectory version? any documents on this? Read/write replica of the root partition, or read/write of some other partition? ...

Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Thank you! Mark, > Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new > NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 > servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Run the NWDeploy.exe from the OS CD, run the Extend schema and prepare network options. On Feb 1, 6:09 pm, Hamish <ham...@haitch.net> wrote: > Mark, > &...

I just install a netware 6 server does Netware 6 have a screen saver
I just install a NetWare 6 server but even with monitor loaded my server didn't go into a screen saver mode, I was just wondering if there was one like the old 4x. Thanks Steven At the console prompt: Scrsaver Please, no email for newsgroup questions. Barry Schnur Novell Product Support Forums Sysop Please post replies ONLY via the Newsgroup Since the release of NW 5.0 a few years ago, the screen saver is a separate module called scrsaver.nlm . -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp http://support.novell.com/forums ...

NetWare 6.0 and NetWare 6.6 SBS servers in same eDir
Hello We have a customer with two locations. In one location, they have a NetWare 6.6 SBS server and in the other a NetWare 6.0 server (no SBS). Is it possible to merge this two trees into one eDirectory ? I found a document, which tells that it is impossible to install NetWare 5.0 and NetWare 5.0 SBS into the same eDirectory. Does this still apply to NetWare 6 ? Thanks for your help. Andreas -- infop The licensing is different but should be able to merge these -- especially since the SBS server is at 6.5/6/6 -- licensing with SBS 6.5/6.6 is pretty much similar t...

Netware 6 and netware 6.5 with USB
LS. In netware 6 and netware 6.5 is a USB harddisk supported? Dirk Dirk wrote: >In netware 6 and netware 6.5 is a USB harddisk supported? NetWare 6.0 : no NetWare 6.5 : yes Note that USB hard disk performance is rather disappointing under NetWare. -- Marcel Cox http://support.novell.com/forums ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Marcel Cox's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=8 ...

Install Netware 6.5 SP5 Server in the Netware 6.0 SP5 Tree
Good day ! There is a little problem . We have fully functional tree Netware 6.0SP5 on a four servers (it works VERY FINE through 3 years).All servers are Dell PE2600. None of postfixes neither patches released after SP5 not installed - pure SP5 only. One weeks ago we've got a new server - Dell PE 1950 8))) specially for some tasks, and we found that NW 6.0 NOT APPLICABLE for this type PE.Well, we have licensed 6.5 and we thought about tree upgrade, but it was planned as "not-in-this-month" task. And now I think ,that acceptable decision for us will - to instal...

Upgrade from Netware 6.0 to Netware 6.5
I am going to upgrade from 6.0 to 6.5. I have link to go to download a 21KB zip file. Is that all that I need to do the upgrade or is there something else that I have to get? Do I just burn these files to a CD and run it, to perform the upgrade? Any help would be good. Thanks Jason Roggentien Ah -- no -- it is quite a bit more complicated than that. 1) Do you have a license for 6.5? 2) What service pack do you have installed on the 6.0 server? 3) Is the intent to do this as an in place upgrade? -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop > Ah -- ...

Mixing Netware 6.0 and Netware 6.5
Hello, I have a site that has a mix of Netware 6.0 and Netware 4.11. The Netware 6 has been in place for about a year. They want to replace the three older netwar 4.11 boxes with new hardware and Netware across the wire migrations. I wanted to know if there are any problems introducing netware 6.5 into the exisitng Netware 6 environment. Can anyone shed some light on this? I believe the Directory Services is at DS 6.17. thank you rick rbenard@cbetech.com, Be sure to upgrade the 4.11 server with ds621.exe and enable the Auxiliary Class support on these boxes. That will...

Netware 6 to Netware 6.5 license upgrade
I have three Netware 6 servers and 300 NW6 user licences. I bought 300 NW6.5 user licences upgrade. After I will upgrade one server to NW6.5 how should I proceed with client upgrade licences to insure that users can communicate with all servers? Thanks, Nathan On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 20:42:51 GMT, "Nathan Kaplan" <nkaplan@chacinc.com> wrote: >I have three Netware 6 servers and 300 NW6 user licences. I bought 300 NW6.5 >user licences upgrade. After I will upgrade one server to NW6.5 how should I >proceed with client upgrade licences to insure that users can...

Web resources about - Migrate Netware 6 users to Netware 6 - novell.netware.6x.install

1-800-Flowers Becomes the First Client to Migrate to Facebook’s Revamped Atlas Ad Platform
... platform , which Facebook announced at Advertising Week 2014 in New York at the end of September, has its first client, as 1-800-Flowers migrated ...

Facebook Migrates 400,000 Users to Fans of Apple’s Page
While Facebook has been turning up the marketing on businesses and brand owners to create Facebook Pages, one feature of Pages that is less well ...

Why, when and how to migrate to Windows 8 - Windows 8 migration, Windows 8 deployment, Windows 8, Windows ...
Windows 8 machines are coming out sometime this fall, but that doesn't mean businesses should shift to panic mode to upgrade their corporate ...

'You don't migrate to this country unless you want to join our team': Tony Abbott renews push on national ...
Prime Minister Tony Abbott has elaborated on his "Team Australia" remarks, telling a radio interview that "you don't migrate to this country ...

Tony Abbott's woman problem migrates to his ministry
Tony Abbott is having women trouble. It's nothing he said, mind.

Doctors and Nurses From Poor Countries Migrate To Rich Ones
Australia has saved almost $640 million by poaching doctors from some of the poorest countries in Africa.

Pacific Islanders reject 'climate refugee' status, want to 'migrate with dignity', SIDS conference hears ...
Pacific Islanders who may be forced to flee rising sea levels say they want to be able to migrate with dignity.

Polar bears migrate to Canadian Arctic for longer lasting ice: study
Some polar bear clusters have slowly moved to islands north of Canada's mainland that are retaining the Arctic ice for longer, according to a ...

Apple Music giving former Beats subscribers month grace period to migrate libraries
... all of their content, playlists, music, and preferences will be safe until January 19th, 2016. That means that you have until then to migrate ...

Verizon Explains the Real Reason Geese Migrate
Every weekday, we bring you the Ad Age/iSpot Hot Spots , new and trending TV commercials tracked by iSpot.tv , a company that catalogs, tags ...