Installing Netware 6.5 Servers in a existing Netware 5.0 network

I need to install two new Netware 6.5 Servers into
my current Netware 5.0 network with Service packs 4/5.

What updates do I need to apply to the Netware 5.0 Servers
and do I download the nw65sp1b overlay file only and use
that to run deployment manager, or do I have to install
sp1 first. Also can you purchase nw65 licenses seperately
Thanking you in advance for help given.
Regards.
0
phil

As a minimum the 5.0 servers need nw50sp6a, os5pt2a.exe, wsock4f.exe,
flsysft3.exe, ts524o.exe, and Set client file caching enabled=Off. The DS
version would preferably be edir851.exe plus edir8530.exe to get it to the
latest subversion of DS.

You use the sp1a overlay to create the 6.5 servers. Server licenses come
free with that but you have to buy user licenses.
--
 Andrew C Taubman
 Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp

 Opinions expressed above are not
 necessarily those of Novell Inc.

0
Andrew
4/29/2004 4:53:05 AM
If I apply these patches to each Netware 5.0 Server in turn
do I still have to run deployment manager to update the nds and schema.
Regards

> As a minimum the 5.0 servers need nw50sp6a, os5pt2a.exe, wsock4f.exe,
> flsysft3.exe, ts524o.exe, and Set client file caching enabled=Off. The DS
> version would preferably be edir851.exe plus edir8530.exe to get it to
the
> latest subversion of DS.
>
> You use the sp1a overlay to create the 6.5 servers. Server licenses come
> free with that but you have to buy user licenses.
> --
>  Andrew C Taubman
>  Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp
>  http://support.novell.com/forums
>  (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail)
>
>  Opinions expressed above are not
>  necessarily those of Novell Inc.

0
phil
4/29/2004 3:40:10 PM
We've already updated the DS. But if it needs to update the schema, yes, do
that.
--
 Andrew C Taubman
 Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp
 http://support.novell.com/forums

 Opinions expressed above are not
 necessarily those of Novell Inc.

0
Andrew

Installing Netware 6.5 into a current Netware 5.0 network

Installing Netware 6.5 Servers into a existing Netware 5 environment
We currently have a Netware 5 environment using sp4/sp5 We also have the original cluster services 1.01 running under netware 5. We intend to install a new SAN which will be clustered using 2 new Netware 6.5 Servers. What is the best approach to installing Netware 6.5 in our current environment, should I install the new Netware 6.5 Servers into a new tree, but then how will they communicate with the exisiting Netware 5 Servers. Can I install the Netware 6.5 Server into the exisiting 5 environment and then in the future upgrade the current 5 Servers. Thankyou and best regards ...

Installing Netware 6.5 into a current Netware 5.0 network #2
We currently have a Netware 5.0 network running sp4. Included in this is a 2 server netware 5 cluster running the original 1.0 cluster services. We intend to install another SAN which will be a 2 server Netware 6.5 cluster. Is it ok to install netware 6.5 with exisiting Netware5 Servers? I believe we need to apply the nwsp56a patch to all our Netware 5 Server first. is this correct?. Do you apply it to the master first as this is a cluster server? Also I am concerned that when I apply the nw5sp6a patch to our exisiting Netware 5 Cluster servers it will cause problems with them...

Installing Netware 6.5 into a current Netware 5.0 network #3
Sure, What do i need to do to make my Netware 5.0 SP4 Server ready for install og Netware 6.5 Server into the exisiting Netware 5 tree Regards. Duplicate, answered above. PHIL.BEC@CULTURE.GOV.UK wrote: > > Sure, What do i need to do to make my Netware 5.0 SP4 Server > ready for install og Netware 6.5 Server into the exisiting Netware 5 tree > Regards. -- Massimo Rosen Novell Support Connection Sysop No emails please! http://www.cfc-it.de ...

Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Thank you! Mark, > Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new > NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 > servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Run the NWDeploy.exe from the OS CD, run the Extend schema and prepare network options. On Feb 1, 6:09 pm, Hamish <ham...@haitch.net> wrote: > Mark, > &...

Installing netware 6 servers in a netware 5 network
We currently have a netware 5 netware using cluster services 1(first ver) on 2 of the netware 5 servers. We want to install a new san and a cluster for it using two netware 6 servers clustered using the newer cluster services which is include with netware 6. What do I need to consider if i want to install these two netware 6 servers into our current netware 5 network Is it possible or should I install the netware 6 servers into a new tree. Appreciating ant help given Regards. phil.bec@culture.gov.uk, Assuming you want to add two new NW 6.x servers to the network, and leave...

Install Netware 6.5 SP5 Server in the Netware 6.0 SP5 Tree
Good day ! There is a little problem . We have fully functional tree Netware 6.0SP5 on a four servers (it works VERY FINE through 3 years).All servers are Dell PE2600. None of postfixes neither patches released after SP5 not installed - pure SP5 only. One weeks ago we've got a new server - Dell PE 1950 8))) specially for some tasks, and we found that NW 6.0 NOT APPLICABLE for this type PE.Well, we have licensed 6.5 and we thought about tree upgrade, but it was planned as "not-in-this-month" task. And now I think ,that acceptable decision for us will - to instal...

installing netware 6.5 servers into a exisiting netware 5 tree.
Currently have Netware 5.0 Servers sp4 and some sp5 We intend to install two new cluster servers running the latest version so would like to install two 6.5 Netware Servers which includes a 2 node cluster. Is it possible to install netware 6.5 into my existing Netware 5.0 network. Also we currently are running a 2 node cluster on netware 5 running the first ver of cluster servers 1.0. We found that this version wouldnt support our subnet mask of 255.255.240.0 but only the default one 255.255.255.0. Can the new version of cluster services support 255.255.240.0 Regards. &g...

Netware 6.5 Server with a Netware 5.0 Server?
We want to install a new Netware 6.5 server in an environment that has two 6.0 servers and 2 Netware 5.0 servers on the same tree. We are running 8.6.2 e directory on the 6.0 boxes and 8.0.6 NDS on the 5.0 boxes. Are there any problems with this setup,or should we be installing 6.0 instead? Thanks in advance. Dennis Dennis, > We are running > 8.6.2 e directory on the 6.0 boxes and 8.0.6 NDS on the 5.0 boxes. Are > there any problems with this setup,or should we be installing 6.0 instead? > According to: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/...

Adding Netware 6.5 server to existing Netware 5.x network
I seem to be having all sorts of problems adding a Netware 6.5 SP2 or SP3 server to an existing Netware 5.x network. In that the install seems to go ok, the server object is created, but I cannot access imanager or ifolder as ifolder can't find the ifolderserver ldap object. (This object didn't get created. The ldap group and server object did get created and by looking at them they seem to be ok.) I can login to the new netware 6.5 server and access netstorage without issues, so it looks like it's only an issue with ifolder/imanager so far. The Netware 5.0 serve...

Adding a new server Netware 6.5 into an existing netware 5.1sp6 network
I want to Add a new server Netware 6.5 into an existing netware 5.1sp6 network with edirectory 85.30. What is the best method to insert this new server? Should I care about the Certificate Authority (CA) and root partition (MASTER). If not, can we just add the new netware 6.5 server into the tree and after that add a replica of the root partition on this server. Or do I have to upgrade an existing 5.1sp6 to 6.5, then insert the new 6.5 server? , > If not, can we just add the new netware 6.5 server into the tree and after > that add a replica of the...

Installing first Netware 6.5 server into an all Netware 6 Tree
Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write replice into an all Netware 6 tree. Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is there a edirectory version? any documents on this? > Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write > replice into an all Netware 6 tree. > > Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is > there a edirectory version? any documents on this? Read/write replica of the root partition, or read/write of some other partition? ...

Web resources about - Installing Netware 6.5 Servers in a existing Netware 5.0 network - novell.netware.6x.install

Solar panels are lifted into place.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper