Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new
NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0
servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered.

Thank you!
0
Mark

Mark,

> Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new
> NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0
> servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered.

Run the NWDeploy.exe from the OS CD, run the Extend schema and prepare
network options.

0
Hamish
2/1/2007 11:09:34 PM
On Feb 1, 6:09 pm, Hamish <ham...@haitch.net> wrote:
> Mark,
>
> > Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new
> > NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0
> > servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered.
>
> Run the NWDeploy.exe from the OS CD, run the Extend schema and prepare
> network options.

Hamish,

Is the NWDeploy.exe run from the 6.0 OS CD or the 6.5 OS CD? It seems
if I need to extend the schema it would need to be done on the
existing NetWare 6.0 servers, correct?

0
mwerne01
2/2/2007 4:27:30 PM
mwerne01@gmail.com wrote:
> On Feb 1, 6:09 pm, Hamish <ham...@haitch.net> wrote:
>> Mark,
>>
>>> Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new
>>> NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0
>>> servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered.
>> Run the NWDeploy.exe from the OS CD, run the Extend schema and prepare
>> network options.
>
> Hamish,
>
> Is the NWDeploy.exe run from the 6.0 OS CD or the 6.5 OS CD? It seems
> if I need to extend the schema it would need to be done on the
> existing NetWare 6.0 servers, correct?

You would need to run the NwDeploy from the NW 6.5 (preferably a
overlayCD with at least Sp5).
0
Doug
2/3/2007 3:26:45 PM
On Feb 3, 10:26 am, Doug Roehm <d...@mtwp.net> wrote:
> mwern...@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Feb 1, 6:09 pm, Hamish <ham...@haitch.net> wrote:
> >> Mark,

> >> Run the NWDeploy.exe from the OS CD, run the Extend schema and prepare
> >> network options.
>
> > Hamish,
>
> > Is the NWDeploy.exe run from the 6.0 OS CD or the 6.5 OS CD? It seems
> > if I need to extend the schema it would need to be done on the
> > existing NetWare 6.0 servers, correct?
>
> You would need to run the NwDeploy from the NW 6.5 (preferably a
> overlayCD with at least Sp5).- Hide quoted text -

Is nwdeploy run as part of the installation of the NW 6.5 O/S or is
this run after the O/S is installed? Ay what point would we joiin the
NW 6.0 tree?

0
mwerne01
2/5/2007 3:57:40 PM
mwerne01@,

> Is nwdeploy run as part of the installation of the NW 6.5 O/S

Prior to the 6.5 installation. From a windows workstation run it, once
its complete you can install the new server.

0
Hamish
2/6/2007 1:07:07 AM
On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 17:07:07 -0800, Hamish <hamish@haitch.net> wrote:

> From a windows workstation run it,

"There is no 'try'.  There is just 'run' or 'not run'"

;-}

/dps

Dave

Install Netware 6.5 SP5 Server in the Netware 6.0 SP5 Tree
Good day ! There is a little problem . We have fully functional tree Netware 6.0SP5 on a four servers (it works VERY FINE through 3 years).All servers are Dell PE2600. None of postfixes neither patches released after SP5 not installed - pure SP5 only. One weeks ago we've got a new server - Dell PE 1950 8))) specially for some tasks, and we found that NW 6.0 NOT APPLICABLE for this type PE.Well, we have licensed 6.5 and we thought about tree upgrade, but it was planned as "not-in-this-month" task. And now I think ,that acceptable decision for us will - to instal...

Installing first Netware 6.5 server into an all Netware 6 Tree
Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write replice into an all Netware 6 tree. Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is there a edirectory version? any documents on this? > Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write > replice into an all Netware 6 tree. > > Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is > there a edirectory version? any documents on this? Read/write replica of the root partition, or read/write of some other partition? ...

installing netware 6.5 servers into a exisiting netware 5 tree.
Currently have Netware 5.0 Servers sp4 and some sp5 We intend to install two new cluster servers running the latest version so would like to install two 6.5 Netware Servers which includes a 2 node cluster. Is it possible to install netware 6.5 into my existing Netware 5.0 network. Also we currently are running a 2 node cluster on netware 5 running the first ver of cluster servers 1.0. We found that this version wouldnt support our subnet mask of 255.255.240.0 but only the default one 255.255.255.0. Can the new version of cluster services support 255.255.240.0 Regards. &g...

Netware 6.5 Server in a Netware 6.0 Tree
Created a Netware OES server and placed in a predominantly 6.0 Tree with appropriate 6.0 user licenses. My question is "what do I need to do to begin using it as a resource in that tree?" Will all users be able to access the 6.5 server as it stands? On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 15:04:25 GMT, tomm@juice4u.com wrote: >Created a Netware OES server and placed in a predominantly 6.0 Tree with >appropriate 6.0 user licenses. My question is "what do I need to do to >begin using it as a resource in that tree?" > >Will all users be able to access the 6.5 server a...

Installing Netware 6.5 Servers in a existing Netware 5.0 network
I need to install two new Netware 6.5 Servers into my current Netware 5.0 network with Service packs 4/5. What updates do I need to apply to the Netware 5.0 Servers and do I download the nw65sp1b overlay file only and use that to run deployment manager, or do I have to install sp1 first. Also can you purchase nw65 licenses seperately Thanking you in advance for help given. Regards. As a minimum the 5.0 servers need nw50sp6a, os5pt2a.exe, wsock4f.exe, flsysft3.exe, ts524o.exe, and Set client file caching enabled=Off. The DS version would preferably be edir851.exe plus edir8530.e...

Adding NetWare 6.5 servers to NetWare 6.0 tree
I have two NetWare servers in one tree, one with SP5 and the other with SP3. I would like to add two NetWare 6.5 servers to this existing tree and then I will be clustering the two NetWare 6.5 servers. Are there any concerns, preresequites, or ramifications that I should be aware of? Thanks! , > Are there any concerns, preresequites, or ramifications that I should > be aware of? > Run the deployment wizard from the SP6 Overlay CD. It will tell you what needs to be done. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Islands ...

Installing a Netware 6.5 server into existing NW 6.0 Sp5 tree
I want to install a new NetWare 6.5 Server into an existing Netware 6.0 environment. Instead of in place or remote, I want to place a new NetWare 6.5 Server into that tree. Can anyone tell me if this procedure will work with out problems. I also came across TID10086998, which recommends to upgrade your eDirectory to 8.7.3 prior to upgrade. , > I also came across TID10086998, which recommends to upgrade your eDirectory > to 8.7.3 prior to upgrade. > Yes. That is recommended. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Isla...

Installing Netware 6.5 Servers into a existing Netware 5 environment
We currently have a Netware 5 environment using sp4/sp5 We also have the original cluster services 1.01 running under netware 5. We intend to install a new SAN which will be clustered using 2 new Netware 6.5 Servers. What is the best approach to installing Netware 6.5 in our current environment, should I install the new Netware 6.5 Servers into a new tree, but then how will they communicate with the exisiting Netware 5 Servers. Can I install the Netware 6.5 Server into the exisiting 5 environment and then in the future upgrade the current 5 Servers. Thankyou and best regards ...

installing netware 6.5 cluster into exisiting netware 5 tree.

Installing Netware 6.5 into a current Netware 5.0 network

Web resources about - Installing NetWare 6.5 server into NetWare 6.0 only tree - novell.netware.6x.install

Solar panels are lifted into place.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper