Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new
NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0
servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered.

Thank you!
0
Mark

Mark,

> Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new
> NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0
> servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered.

Run the NWDeploy.exe from the OS CD, run the Extend schema and prepare
network options.

0
Hamish
2/1/2007 11:09:34 PM
On Feb 1, 6:09 pm, Hamish <ham...@haitch.net> wrote:
> Mark,
>
> > Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new
> > NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0
> > servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered.
>
> Run the NWDeploy.exe from the OS CD, run the Extend schema and prepare
> network options.

Hamish,

Is the NWDeploy.exe run from the 6.0 OS CD or the 6.5 OS CD? It seems
if I need to extend the schema it would need to be done on the
existing NetWare 6.0 servers, correct?

0
mwerne01
2/2/2007 4:27:30 PM
mwerne01@gmail.com wrote:
> On Feb 1, 6:09 pm, Hamish <ham...@haitch.net> wrote:
>> Mark,
>>
>>> Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new
>>> NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0
>>> servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered.
>> Run the NWDeploy.exe from the OS CD, run the Extend schema and prepare
>> network options.
>
> Hamish,
>
> Is the NWDeploy.exe run from the 6.0 OS CD or the 6.5 OS CD? It seems
> if I need to extend the schema it would need to be done on the
> existing NetWare 6.0 servers, correct?

You would need to run the NwDeploy from the NW 6.5 (preferably a
overlayCD with at least Sp5).
0
Doug
2/3/2007 3:26:45 PM
On Feb 3, 10:26 am, Doug Roehm <d...@mtwp.net> wrote:
> mwern...@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Feb 1, 6:09 pm, Hamish <ham...@haitch.net> wrote:
> >> Mark,

> >> Run the NWDeploy.exe from the OS CD, run the Extend schema and prepare
> >> network options.
>
> > Hamish,
>
> > Is the NWDeploy.exe run from the 6.0 OS CD or the 6.5 OS CD? It seems
> > if I need to extend the schema it would need to be done on the
> > existing NetWare 6.0 servers, correct?
>
> You would need to run the NwDeploy from the NW 6.5 (preferably a
> overlayCD with at least Sp5).- Hide quoted text -

Is nwdeploy run as part of the installation of the NW 6.5 O/S or is
this run after the O/S is installed? Ay what point would we joiin the
NW 6.0 tree?

0
mwerne01
2/5/2007 3:57:40 PM
mwerne01@,

> Is nwdeploy run as part of the installation of the NW 6.5 O/S

Prior to the 6.5 installation. From a windows workstation run it, once
its complete you can install the new server.

0
Hamish
2/6/2007 1:07:07 AM
On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 17:07:07 -0800, Hamish <hamish@haitch.net> wrote:

> From a windows workstation run it,

"There is no 'try'.  There is just 'run' or 'not run'"

;-}

/dps

Dave