Installing first Netware 6.5 server into an all Netware 6 Tree

Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write
replice into an all Netware 6 tree.

Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master.  Is

there a edirectory version?  any documents on this?

0
victorm

> Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write

> replice into an all Netware 6 tree.
>
> Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master.
Is
> there a edirectory version?  any documents on this?

Read/write replica of the root partition, or read/write of some other
partition?  If Root, you're probably fine.  If some other, I'd suggest

considering adding a root replica, or maybe considering updating
your eDir on all your servers to 8.7.x (thus matching what's on 6.5).

My $0.02,

John

Novell Product Support Forums SysOp
John's Tips & Links Page:
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jstoecker/novell/

#include disclaim.h:
# My opinions are not necessarily those of Novell
# or its employees or even the other forum sysops or regulars.
posted using Xananews 1.16.1.3

0
John
2/2/2004 8:15:45 PM
Hi John, Thanks for your response.  Yes it is read/write replica for
the
root partition.  all my current netware 6 server are running
eDirectory
8.7.1.

you think I am kewl?

> > Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a
Read/Write
> > replice into an all Netware 6 tree.
> >
> > Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master.
Is
> > there a edirectory version?  any documents on this?
>
> Read/write replica of the root partition, or read/write of some
other
> partition?  If Root, you're probably fine.  If some other, I'd
suggest
> considering adding a root replica, or maybe considering updating
> your eDir on all your servers to 8.7.x (thus matching what's on
6.5).

> My $0.02,
>
> John
>
> --
> Novell Product Support Forums SysOp
> John's Tips & Links Page:
> http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jstoecker/novell/
>
> #include disclaim.h:
> # My opinions are not necessarily those of Novell
> # or its employees or even the other forum sysops or regulars.
> posted using Xananews 1.16.1.3

0
victorm
2/3/2004 3:07:43 AM
> you think I am kewl?

[GRIN] Yes.

Be sure to do a full DS health check and verify all is 100% OK with your eDir before
adding the new server.

http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10060600.htm

John
Novell Product Support Forums SysOp
John's Tips & Links Page:
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jstoecker/novell/

#include disclaim.h:
# My opinions are not necessarily those of Novell
# or its employees or even the other forum sysops or regulars.
posted using Xananews 1.16.1.3
0
John

Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Thank you! Mark, > Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new > NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 > servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Run the NWDeploy.exe from the OS CD, run the Extend schema and prepare network options. On Feb 1, 6:09 pm, Hamish <ham...@haitch.net> wrote: > Mark, > &...

Install Netware 6.5 SP5 Server in the Netware 6.0 SP5 Tree
Good day ! There is a little problem . We have fully functional tree Netware 6.0SP5 on a four servers (it works VERY FINE through 3 years).All servers are Dell PE2600. None of postfixes neither patches released after SP5 not installed - pure SP5 only. One weeks ago we've got a new server - Dell PE 1950 8))) specially for some tasks, and we found that NW 6.0 NOT APPLICABLE for this type PE.Well, we have licensed 6.5 and we thought about tree upgrade, but it was planned as "not-in-this-month" task. And now I think ,that acceptable decision for us will - to instal...

installing netware 6.5 servers into a exisiting netware 5 tree.
Currently have Netware 5.0 Servers sp4 and some sp5 We intend to install two new cluster servers running the latest version so would like to install two 6.5 Netware Servers which includes a 2 node cluster. Is it possible to install netware 6.5 into my existing Netware 5.0 network. Also we currently are running a 2 node cluster on netware 5 running the first ver of cluster servers 1.0. We found that this version wouldnt support our subnet mask of 255.255.240.0 but only the default one 255.255.255.0. Can the new version of cluster services support 255.255.240.0 Regards. &g...

installing netware 6.5 cluster into exisiting netware 5 tree.

Installing Netware 6.5 Servers into a existing Netware 5 environment
We currently have a Netware 5 environment using sp4/sp5 We also have the original cluster services 1.01 running under netware 5. We intend to install a new SAN which will be clustered using 2 new Netware 6.5 Servers. What is the best approach to installing Netware 6.5 in our current environment, should I install the new Netware 6.5 Servers into a new tree, but then how will they communicate with the exisiting Netware 5 Servers. Can I install the Netware 6.5 Server into the exisiting 5 environment and then in the future upgrade the current 5 Servers. Thankyou and best regards ...

Netware 6.5 Server in a Netware 6.0 Tree
Created a Netware OES server and placed in a predominantly 6.0 Tree with appropriate 6.0 user licenses. My question is "what do I need to do to begin using it as a resource in that tree?" Will all users be able to access the 6.5 server as it stands? On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 15:04:25 GMT, tomm@juice4u.com wrote: >Created a Netware OES server and placed in a predominantly 6.0 Tree with >appropriate 6.0 user licenses. My question is "what do I need to do to >begin using it as a resource in that tree?" > >Will all users be able to access the 6.5 server a...

Installing Netware 6.5 Servers in a existing Netware 5.0 network
I need to install two new Netware 6.5 Servers into my current Netware 5.0 network with Service packs 4/5. What updates do I need to apply to the Netware 5.0 Servers and do I download the nw65sp1b overlay file only and use that to run deployment manager, or do I have to install sp1 first. Also can you purchase nw65 licenses seperately Thanking you in advance for help given. Regards. As a minimum the 5.0 servers need nw50sp6a, os5pt2a.exe, wsock4f.exe, flsysft3.exe, ts524o.exe, and Set client file caching enabled=Off. The DS version would preferably be edir851.exe plus edir8530.e...

Installing netware 6 servers in a netware 5 network
We currently have a netware 5 netware using cluster services 1(first ver) on 2 of the netware 5 servers. We want to install a new san and a cluster for it using two netware 6 servers clustered using the newer cluster services which is include with netware 6. What do I need to consider if i want to install these two netware 6 servers into our current netware 5 network Is it possible or should I install the netware 6 servers into a new tree. Appreciating ant help given Regards. phil.bec@culture.gov.uk, Assuming you want to add two new NW 6.x servers to the network, and leave...

Install Netware 6.5 in current Netware 6 for DirXML use?
I would like to install Netware 6.5 in our current NW6.0 environemnt for using the Dirxml starter pack. Any issues such as I have only SP2 on all servers can not go to SP3 at the moment. I know DirxML will require a replica of DirxMl accounts needed so can the two versions of Directory servcies co-exists alright? I would lik eto know if I can simply insert the new NW6.5 into our current tree with out changes to the current NW6 + SP2 environment? Thanks Bradley Bowness, Although SP is recommended, there shouldn't be any compatibility problems. Just be sure to r...

I just install a netware 6 server does Netware 6 have a screen saver
I just install a NetWare 6 server but even with monitor loaded my server didn't go into a screen saver mode, I was just wondering if there was one like the old 4x. Thanks Steven At the console prompt: Scrsaver Please, no email for newsgroup questions. Barry Schnur Novell Product Support Forums Sysop Please post replies ONLY via the Newsgroup Since the release of NW 5.0 a few years ago, the screen saver is a separate module called scrsaver.nlm . -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp http://support.novell.com/forums ...

Adding NetWare 6.5 servers to NetWare 6.0 tree
I have two NetWare servers in one tree, one with SP5 and the other with SP3. I would like to add two NetWare 6.5 servers to this existing tree and then I will be clustering the two NetWare 6.5 servers. Are there any concerns, preresequites, or ramifications that I should be aware of? Thanks! , > Are there any concerns, preresequites, or ramifications that I should > be aware of? > Run the deployment wizard from the SP6 Overlay CD. It will tell you what needs to be done. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Islands ...

Installing a Netware 6.5 server into existing NW 6.0 Sp5 tree
I want to install a new NetWare 6.5 Server into an existing Netware 6.0 environment. Instead of in place or remote, I want to place a new NetWare 6.5 Server into that tree. Can anyone tell me if this procedure will work with out problems. I also came across TID10086998, which recommends to upgrade your eDirectory to 8.7.3 prior to upgrade. , > I also came across TID10086998, which recommends to upgrade your eDirectory > to 8.7.3 prior to upgrade. > Yes. That is recommended. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Isla...

Web resources about - Installing first Netware 6.5 server into an all Netware 6 Tree - novell.netware.6x.install

Solar panels are lifted into place.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper