installation never completes when installing 6.5 into 4.11 tree

Hi,
I am trying to install a new NW6.5 server into an existing 4.11-tree.
Everything runs fine until the installation program starts to install the
server into the current tree. Then it displays the message "Installing
eDirectory..." and never moves on.
The new server has become present in NDS and the other servers are
communicating with it but on the old server I get the message "Sync: error
sending updates to <CN=ANARIS> Error: -611". (ANARIS is the new server)
I have applied the latest service packs to the 4.11 servers and also
installed DS 6.21.
The Netware 6.5SP1b-overlay CDs was used for the installation.
Any ideas anybody?
0
gert

"�gert.pettersson"@geol.lu.se wrote:

> Hi,
> I am trying to install a new NW6.5 server into an existing 4.11-tree.
> Everything runs fine until the installation program starts to install the
> server into the current tree. Then it displays the message "Installing
> eDirectory..." and never moves on.
> The new server has become present in NDS and the other servers are
> communicating with it but on the old server I get the message "Sync: error
> sending updates to <CN=ANARIS> Error: -611". (ANARIS is the new server)
> I have applied the latest service packs to the 4.11 servers and also
> installed DS 6.21.
> The Netware 6.5SP1b-overlay CDs was used for the installation.
> Any ideas anybody?

-611 means "illegal containment". Have you done "dsrepair -a" followed
by advanced options > global schema operations > "post netware5 schema
update" and "optional schema enhancements" on the source tree? If not,
do it now. If that doesn't solve it, you probably have a corrupt object
in your source tree, and you'll need to identify which object causes
this error using dstrace, and possibly need to delete it.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Support Connection Sysop

> Hi,
>
> "�gert.pettersson"@geol.lu.se wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> > I am trying to install a new NW6.5 server into an existing 4.11-tree.
> > Everything runs fine until the installation program starts to install
the
> > server into the current tree. Then it displays the message "Installing
> > eDirectory..." and never moves on.
> > The new server has become present in NDS and the other servers are
> > communicating with it but on the old server I get the message "Sync:
error
> > sending updates to <CN=ANARIS> Error: -611". (ANARIS is the new server)
> > I have applied the latest service packs to the 4.11 servers and also
> > installed DS 6.21.
> > The Netware 6.5SP1b-overlay CDs was used for the installation.
> > Any ideas anybody?
>
> -611 means "illegal containment". Have you done "dsrepair -a" followed
> by advanced options > global schema operations > "post netware5 schema
> update" and "optional schema enhancements" on the source tree? If not,
> do it now. If that doesn't solve it, you probably have a corrupt object
> in your source tree, and you'll need to identify which object causes
> this error using dstrace, and possibly need to delete it.
>
> CU,
> --
> Massimo Rosen
> Novell Support Connection Sysop
> No emails please!
> http://www.cfc-it.de

I had failed to do the "optional schema enhancements" AND also had a
corrupt object that dsrepair failed to find. After deleting the object the
installation continued smoothly.
Thanks for your help!
/Gert
0
gert

gert.pettersson@geol.lu.se wrote:

> I had failed to do the "optional schema enhancements" AND also had a
> corrupt object that dsrepair failed to find. After deleting the object the
> installation continued smoothly.
> Thanks for your help!
> /Gert

Thanks for the report back. Glad to help.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Support Connection Sysop
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
0
Massimo

Has anyone installed 5.4.5 by overlaying the 5.4.2 install?
We're trying to decide if we can upgrade to 5.4.5 "in place", as we did with the beta. Or if we need to install in a new directory. Has anyone tried the "upgrade in place" option? Any other 5.4.5 upgrade hints? We run UNIX/Solaris 9 on a Sun box. thanks, Kathy Back up (zip) you existing installs and install in place both server and client Good luck Hugo <Kathy Kemper> wrote in message news:43839c3e.5545.1681692777@sybase.com... > We're trying to decide if we can upgrade to 5.4.5 "in > place", as we did with the bet...

11.4 M6 Install-11.4 RC1 Install
I'm currently running 11.4 M6 on my Netbook and was wondering if I download the Release Candidate 1 DVD image and burn it to DVD will I need to do a clean Install of Release Candidate 1 or will I be able to upgrade M6 to RC1. This is the first time that I've used a pre-release version of OpenSuse? Roland -- Rolandh31 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Rolandh31;2287497 Wrote: > I'm currently running 11.4 M6 on my Netbook and was wondering if I > download the Release Candidate 1 DVD image and burn it to DVD wil...

installing netware 6.5 cluster into exisiting netware 5 tree.

installing netware 6.5 servers into a exisiting netware 5 tree.
Currently have Netware 5.0 Servers sp4 and some sp5 We intend to install two new cluster servers running the latest version so would like to install two 6.5 Netware Servers which includes a 2 node cluster. Is it possible to install netware 6.5 into my existing Netware 5.0 network. Also we currently are running a 2 node cluster on netware 5 running the first ver of cluster servers 1.0. We found that this version wouldnt support our subnet mask of 255.255.240.0 but only the default one 255.255.255.0. Can the new version of cluster services support 255.255.240.0 Regards. &g...

Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Thank you! Mark, > Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new > NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 > servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Run the NWDeploy.exe from the OS CD, run the Extend schema and prepare network options. On Feb 1, 6:09 pm, Hamish <ham...@haitch.net> wrote: > Mark, > &...

Installing first Netware 6.5 server into an all Netware 6 Tree
Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write replice into an all Netware 6 tree. Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is there a edirectory version? any documents on this? > Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write > replice into an all Netware 6 tree. > > Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is > there a edirectory version? any documents on this? Read/write replica of the root partition, or read/write of some other partition? ...

Installing first NW 6.5 server into a mixed 5.1/4.11 tree: two quick questions
Today we have mixed NW 5.1/4.11 tree (DS 8.85/6.17). We plan step-by-step migration to the pure NW 6.5 environment. First step is to install first NW 6.5 server. 1. I've read a lot of materials concerning this issue. I've already prepared the tree with NWDeploy and imported a schema from temporary 6.0 tree. I plan to upgrade existing 5.1 server to 6.5. The main question is: should I place any NDS replicas on this server before upgrade (i.e. r/o or master replica of Root partition)? Could I upgrade the server without any replicas preinstalled? 2. We planned to by NW 6...

Installing 6.5 into Netware 5 sp 5 tree
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C713A9.D79D00A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Trying to install Netware 6.5 SP3 OES into an existing Netware 5 Tree. = DS is up to version 7.62c on all existing NW5 servers (Three of them). = Service pack level is NW5SP5 on all existing servers. This is the = first 6.5 server to go in. Ran deployment manager before install and it = still hangs in the same spot. The server object installs into the tree = and that is it. If I go into NW...

To install or not to install?

Install Freezes on Netware 6.5 Installation on Language Page
I am installing Netware 6.5 on an IBM Netvista 8314 workstation with 760 Meg of Ram. I am using the eval CD. Boot from CD and proceed to the Language Selection page. Cursors rests on Select this line to install on English (default). I can not press enter or select another language, the screen in frozen. I've only had this problem on this PC, does anyone have any suggestions ? Thanks, Rick If you are using a USB keyboard/mouse, start over and try the install with a ps/2 keyboard and mouse instead. If that's what the problem is, it should be resolved in newer su...

Install NW 6.5 into a NW 4.11 tree
I am trying to install a new NW 6.5 server into a single server 4.11 tree. NW 4.11 SP9 is installed. I have ran delployment manager, updating DS to 6.21, updated the core schema and generated GUID's with SGUID.NLM. Ran dsrepair to correct any errors and second time with no errors. I also ran a local repair and then a rebuild schema, with no errors. When installing NW 6.5, I am unable to install in the existing tree. I receive an error message that it can not cconnect to the tree. IPX is bound on the new server and it can see the other server (display servers at the console)...

Install Netware 6.5 SP5 Server in the Netware 6.0 SP5 Tree
Good day ! There is a little problem . We have fully functional tree Netware 6.0SP5 on a four servers (it works VERY FINE through 3 years).All servers are Dell PE2600. None of postfixes neither patches released after SP5 not installed - pure SP5 only. One weeks ago we've got a new server - Dell PE 1950 8))) specially for some tasks, and we found that NW 6.0 NOT APPLICABLE for this type PE.Well, we have licensed 6.5 and we thought about tree upgrade, but it was planned as "not-in-this-month" task. And now I think ,that acceptable decision for us will - to instal...

Web resources about - installation never completes when installing 6.5 into 4.11 tree - novell.netware.6x.install

List of United States Army installations in Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Blink Twice video installation at Summer Set Festival: 3D motion faces projected on trees - YouTube
Blink Twice is a video installation that transforms trees into huge 3D faces that smile, move, gesticulate and even follow the viewer's gaze. ...

Australia leads world in household solar panel installations
Australia has the highest rate of household solar panel installation in the world.

Tesla Powerwall home installations are starting for pilot customers
A first look at the consumer-facing Powerwall from Tesla. (credit: Megan Geuss) Tesla has begun shipping 7kWh stationary batteries— branded ...