Install Netware 6.5 SP5 Server in the Netware 6.0 SP5 Tree

Good day !
There is a little problem .

We have fully functional tree Netware 6.0SP5 on a four servers (it works
VERY FINE through 3 years).All servers are Dell PE2600. None of postfixes
neither patches released after SP5 not installed - pure SP5 only.
One weeks ago we've got a new server - Dell PE 1950 8))) specially for
some tasks, and we found that NW 6.0 NOT APPLICABLE for this type PE.Well,
we have licensed 6.5 and we thought about tree upgrade, but it was
planned as "not-in-this-month" task. And now I think ,that acceptable
decision for us will - to install  that PE1950 with NW6.5SP5 into existing
6.0SP5 tree. And now I want to ask respected society about some things :

1.What must I  upgrade on existing 6.0SP5 servers, that install 6.5SP5
server into tree ? I think it may be eDirectory.And what else ?
2.Is this decision right ?  Works Someone with similar tree - Master
replica on 6.0SP5,and one of r/w replicas - NW6.5SP5.Will it stable ?(It
depends,I understand, but I interest).

Yes, I read forums and docs , but fully described situation on there - is
full upgrade, but it is not applicable for me.

With respects - Andrew.

0
werik

Andrew Wereshchaka wrote:

>1.What must I  upgrade on existing 6.0SP5 servers, that install 6.5SP5
>server into tree ? I think it may be eDirectory.And what else ?

It is recommended (though not absolutely required) to update your existing
servers to eDirectory 8.7.3.x. For this you use the edir_873_ir3_nw.iso
iso image from http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=NUBsf-ZwOaE~
and then patch it with
http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=WTZy39eYKaE~

>2.Is this decision right ?  Works Someone with similar tree - Master
>replica on 6.0SP5,and one of r/w replicas - NW6.5SP5.Will it stable ?(It
>depends,I understand, but I interest).

I would recommend you to use NW65SP6 on Dell x9xx servers. That way, you
will have the required drivers and the correct version of ACPIDRV.PSM
right the installation CD.

--
Marcel Cox
http://support.novell.com/forums
Marcel Cox wrote:

> It is recommended (though not absolutely required) to update your existing
> servers to eDirectory 8.7.3.x. For this you use the edir_873_ir3_nw.iso
> iso image from http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=NUBsf-ZwOaE~
> and then patch it with
> http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=WTZy39eYKaE~

Thanks Marcel .Great thanks, really.

>>2.Is this decision right ?  Works Someone with similar tree - Master
>>replica on 6.0SP5,and one of r/w replicas - NW6.5SP5.Will it stable ?(It
>>depends,I understand, but I interest).

> I would recommend you to use NW65SP6 on Dell x9xx servers. That way, you
> will have the required drivers and the correct version of ACPIDRV.PSM
> right the installation CD.

Yes I think the same - because url of Overlay 6.5SP6 did not found by me
at first sight 8)))And  I read Dell documentation about NW Install and
know that minimal version Netware is 6.5SP5. Thanks and good luck.

0
werik

Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Thank you! Mark, > Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new > NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 > servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Run the NWDeploy.exe from the OS CD, run the Extend schema and prepare network options. On Feb 1, 6:09 pm, Hamish <ham...@haitch.net> wrote: > Mark, > &...

Installing a Netware 6.5 server into existing NW 6.0 Sp5 tree
I want to install a new NetWare 6.5 Server into an existing Netware 6.0 environment. Instead of in place or remote, I want to place a new NetWare 6.5 Server into that tree. Can anyone tell me if this procedure will work with out problems. I also came across TID10086998, which recommends to upgrade your eDirectory to 8.7.3 prior to upgrade. , > I also came across TID10086998, which recommends to upgrade your eDirectory > to 8.7.3 prior to upgrade. > Yes. That is recommended. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Isla...

netware 6.0 sp5 to netware 6.5 sp5 upgrade
how can i easily upgrade a netware 6.0 sp5 server to netware 6.5 sp5? kjs@verizon.net wrote: > how can i easily upgrade a netware 6.0 sp5 server to netware 6.5 sp5? Well you got a few options here. You can do a in-place upgrade if you have direct access to the server. If you don't have direct access you can do a across the wire upgrade. If you want to replace your old hardware you can use the migration wizard. -- Cheers, Edward where can i get the migration wizard? > kjs@verizon.net wrote: > > > how can i easily upgrade a netware 6.0 sp5 serve...

Installing first Netware 6.5 server into an all Netware 6 Tree
Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write replice into an all Netware 6 tree. Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is there a edirectory version? any documents on this? > Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write > replice into an all Netware 6 tree. > > Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is > there a edirectory version? any documents on this? Read/write replica of the root partition, or read/write of some other partition? ...

upgrade Netware 6 SP5 to Netware 6.5 SP5
We want to update a Netware 6 server to Netware 6.5 SP5. The server is running: eguide 2.1.0 NDPS 3.0.5 File services Named $ DHCP 1.2.0 Master server (ROOT-replica) Are there any special steps to take, for updating the Eguide and the NDPS services, or is this migrated by the upgrade process automatically? nospammail@atmyaddress.com wrote: > for updating the Eguide and the NDPS > services, NDPS will get the new NLM's - don't know about eGuide. Make sure you put the NetWare 6.5 OS CD in a workstation and run the deployment manager before doing the upg...

installing netware 6.5 servers into a exisiting netware 5 tree.
Currently have Netware 5.0 Servers sp4 and some sp5 We intend to install two new cluster servers running the latest version so would like to install two 6.5 Netware Servers which includes a 2 node cluster. Is it possible to install netware 6.5 into my existing Netware 5.0 network. Also we currently are running a 2 node cluster on netware 5 running the first ver of cluster servers 1.0. We found that this version wouldnt support our subnet mask of 255.255.240.0 but only the default one 255.255.255.0. Can the new version of cluster services support 255.255.240.0 Regards. &g...

Netware 6.5 Server in a Netware 6.0 Tree
Created a Netware OES server and placed in a predominantly 6.0 Tree with appropriate 6.0 user licenses. My question is "what do I need to do to begin using it as a resource in that tree?" Will all users be able to access the 6.5 server as it stands? On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 15:04:25 GMT, tomm@juice4u.com wrote: >Created a Netware OES server and placed in a predominantly 6.0 Tree with >appropriate 6.0 user licenses. My question is "what do I need to do to >begin using it as a resource in that tree?" > >Will all users be able to access the 6.5 server a...

Installing Netware 6.5 Servers in a existing Netware 5.0 network
I need to install two new Netware 6.5 Servers into my current Netware 5.0 network with Service packs 4/5. What updates do I need to apply to the Netware 5.0 Servers and do I download the nw65sp1b overlay file only and use that to run deployment manager, or do I have to install sp1 first. Also can you purchase nw65 licenses seperately Thanking you in advance for help given. Regards. As a minimum the 5.0 servers need nw50sp6a, os5pt2a.exe, wsock4f.exe, flsysft3.exe, ts524o.exe, and Set client file caching enabled=Off. The DS version would preferably be edir851.exe plus edir8530.e...

Adding NetWare 6.5 servers to NetWare 6.0 tree
I have two NetWare servers in one tree, one with SP5 and the other with SP3. I would like to add two NetWare 6.5 servers to this existing tree and then I will be clustering the two NetWare 6.5 servers. Are there any concerns, preresequites, or ramifications that I should be aware of? Thanks! , > Are there any concerns, preresequites, or ramifications that I should > be aware of? > Run the deployment wizard from the SP6 Overlay CD. It will tell you what needs to be done. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Islands ...

Upgrade Netware 6.0 sp3 3-node cluster to Netware 6.5 sp5
I would like to upgrade a Netware 6.0 sp3 3-node cluster to Netware 6.5 sp5. All documentation I've read says to do an in-place upgrade on each node to accomplish this. When I try an in-place upgrade of a test standalone 6.0 server it is very messy. What I would like to do instead is remove 1 node from the cluster (TID 10060341), rebuild it from scratch as a 6.5 server and add it back to the cluster. Repeat the process for the remaining 2 nodes. Should this work? I like the idea of having a clean install of the OS. Yes, that should work. -- Andrew C Taubman Nov...

Web resources about - Install Netware 6.5 SP5 Server in the Netware 6.0 SP5 Tree - novell.netware.6x.install

Can Facebook Advertisers Test Mobile App Install Ads On Their Devices?
Some Facebook advertisers are now able to preview their mobile application install ads directly on their mobile devices, complete with active ...

New Features to Mobile App Install Ads
Today we are happy to announce some updates to mobile app install ads to improve the experience people and developers have when viewing and creating ...

Facebook tries new designs for mobile page-Like and app install ads
Facebook began testing new designs for its mobile app install ads and page post ads this weekend. Following an update for Facebook for iOS, ...

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Drives Installs of Star Wars Apps
... Wars: The Force Awakens in theaters on downloads of Star Wars-themed apps on iOS and Android. AppsFlyer analyzed over one million app installs ...

Vermont utility says it will be the first to install Tesla powerwalls in the US
... Power) Customers of Green Mountain Power (GMP) in Vermont will be the first in the US to have Tesla Powerwall stationary batteries installed ...

How to install iOS 9.3 and get Night Shift on your iPhone without a developer account
... as earth-shattering either, but there's little question that they have users excited. And as has been the case in the past, you can install ...

Install these battery-killing, storage-hogging apps at your own risk
[/caption] The latest quarterly report from antivirus company AVG has outed the battery-killingest, storage-hoggingest apps currently available. ...

MLB Recommends All 30 Stadiums Install Additional Safety Netting
... too many baseball fans got seriously hurt by line-drive foul balls last season, which reignited the debate over whether stadiums should install ...