Install Netware 6.5 in current Netware 6 for DirXML use?

I would like to install Netware 6.5 in our current NW6.0 environemnt
for
using the Dirxml starter pack. Any issues such as I have only SP2 on
all
servers can not go to SP3 at the moment. I know DirxML will require a
replica of DirxMl accounts needed so can the two versions of Directory

servcies co-exists alright?
I would lik eto know if I can simply insert the new NW6.5 into our
current
tree with out changes to the current NW6 + SP2 environment?

Bradley

Bradley Bowness,

Although SP is recommended, there shouldn't be any compatibility
problems. Just be sure to run the NWDEPLOY.EXE from the NW 6.5 CD to
prepare the tree, and to do a NDS Health Check as per TID 10060600
before you introduce the first NW 6.5 server.

--
//Niclas Ekstedt
_______________________________

0
Niclas
10/16/2003 7:56:01 PM
Thanks for the fast response
"Niclas Ekstedt" <niclas.ekstedt@nospam.iftech.se> wrote in message
> Bradley Bowness,
>
> Although SP is recommended, there shouldn't be any compatibility
> problems. Just be sure to run the NWDEPLOY.EXE from the NW 6.5 CD to

> prepare the tree, and to do a NDS Health Check as per TID 10060600
> before you introduce the first NW 6.5 server.
>

> --
> //Niclas Ekstedt
> _______________________________
> Niclas Ekstedt, CNE, NSC Sysop
> Iftech Network AB
> _______________________________

0
Bradley

Installing Netware 6.5 into a current Netware 5.0 network

Installing Netware 6.5 into a current Netware 5.0 network #2
We currently have a Netware 5.0 network running sp4. Included in this is a 2 server netware 5 cluster running the original 1.0 cluster services. We intend to install another SAN which will be a 2 server Netware 6.5 cluster. Is it ok to install netware 6.5 with exisiting Netware5 Servers? I believe we need to apply the nwsp56a patch to all our Netware 5 Server first. is this correct?. Do you apply it to the master first as this is a cluster server? Also I am concerned that when I apply the nw5sp6a patch to our exisiting Netware 5 Cluster servers it will cause problems with them...

Installing Netware 6.5 into a current Netware 5.0 network #3
Sure, What do i need to do to make my Netware 5.0 SP4 Server ready for install og Netware 6.5 Server into the exisiting Netware 5 tree Regards. Duplicate, answered above. PHIL.BEC@CULTURE.GOV.UK wrote: > > Sure, What do i need to do to make my Netware 5.0 SP4 Server > ready for install og Netware 6.5 Server into the exisiting Netware 5 tree > Regards. -- Massimo Rosen Novell Support Connection Sysop No emails please! http://www.cfc-it.de ...

Installing first Netware 6.5 server into an all Netware 6 Tree
Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write replice into an all Netware 6 tree. Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is there a edirectory version? any documents on this? > Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write > replice into an all Netware 6 tree. > > Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is > there a edirectory version? any documents on this? Read/write replica of the root partition, or read/write of some other partition? ...

Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Thank you! Mark, > Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new > NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 > servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Run the NWDeploy.exe from the OS CD, run the Extend schema and prepare network options. On Feb 1, 6:09 pm, Hamish <ham...@haitch.net> wrote: > Mark, > &...

Install Netware 6.5 SP5 Server in the Netware 6.0 SP5 Tree
Good day ! There is a little problem . We have fully functional tree Netware 6.0SP5 on a four servers (it works VERY FINE through 3 years).All servers are Dell PE2600. None of postfixes neither patches released after SP5 not installed - pure SP5 only. One weeks ago we've got a new server - Dell PE 1950 8))) specially for some tasks, and we found that NW 6.0 NOT APPLICABLE for this type PE.Well, we have licensed 6.5 and we thought about tree upgrade, but it was planned as "not-in-this-month" task. And now I think ,that acceptable decision for us will - to instal...

Using NetWare 6.5 licenses with NetWare 6?
Novell NetWare 6 Support Pack Revision 04 (C) Copyright 1983-2003 Novell Inc. All Rights Reserv Server Version 5.60.04 December 12, 2003 Novell eDirectory Version 8.6.2 SMP NDS Version 10350.30 December 15, 2003 Server License: Novell NetWare 6 Server 600 SN:301453 User Licenses: Novell NetWare 6 User 600 (Hard Stop) -------------- I've added 50 NetWare 6.5 & previous licenses. These new licenses are not being issued. All license certificates have been assigned to...

Installing Netware 6.5 Servers into a existing Netware 5 environment
We currently have a Netware 5 environment using sp4/sp5 We also have the original cluster services 1.01 running under netware 5. We intend to install a new SAN which will be clustered using 2 new Netware 6.5 Servers. What is the best approach to installing Netware 6.5 in our current environment, should I install the new Netware 6.5 Servers into a new tree, but then how will they communicate with the exisiting Netware 5 Servers. Can I install the Netware 6.5 Server into the exisiting 5 environment and then in the future upgrade the current 5 Servers. Thankyou and best regards ...

installing netware 6.5 cluster into exisiting netware 5 tree.

installing netware 6.5 servers into a exisiting netware 5 tree.
Currently have Netware 5.0 Servers sp4 and some sp5 We intend to install two new cluster servers running the latest version so would like to install two 6.5 Netware Servers which includes a 2 node cluster. Is it possible to install netware 6.5 into my existing Netware 5.0 network. Also we currently are running a 2 node cluster on netware 5 running the first ver of cluster servers 1.0. We found that this version wouldnt support our subnet mask of 255.255.240.0 but only the default one 255.255.255.0. Can the new version of cluster services support 255.255.240.0 Regards. &g...

Installing Netware 6.5 Servers in a existing Netware 5.0 network
I need to install two new Netware 6.5 Servers into my current Netware 5.0 network with Service packs 4/5. What updates do I need to apply to the Netware 5.0 Servers and do I download the nw65sp1b overlay file only and use that to run deployment manager, or do I have to install sp1 first. Also can you purchase nw65 licenses seperately Thanking you in advance for help given. Regards. As a minimum the 5.0 servers need nw50sp6a, os5pt2a.exe, wsock4f.exe, flsysft3.exe, ts524o.exe, and Set client file caching enabled=Off. The DS version would preferably be edir851.exe plus edir8530.e...

Web resources about - Install Netware 6.5 in current Netware 6 for DirXML use? - novell.netware.6x.install

Can Facebook Advertisers Test Mobile App Install Ads On Their Devices?
Some Facebook advertisers are now able to preview their mobile application install ads directly on their mobile devices, complete with active ...

New Features to Mobile App Install Ads
Today we are happy to announce some updates to mobile app install ads to improve the experience people and developers have when viewing and creating ...

Facebook tries new designs for mobile page-Like and app install ads
Facebook began testing new designs for its mobile app install ads and page post ads this weekend. Following an update for Facebook for iOS, ...

Study: Pre-Roll Ads Dramatically Increasing Ad Block Installs
... study and surveyed 9,000 people. Active users of ad blockers, including mobile, and those who are aware of ad blockers but have not yet installed ...

Google: Cardboard Apps Surpass 25 Million Installs on Google Play
... 2015. According to Google, there are more than 1,000 Cardboard-supported apps on Google Play, with the No. 1 Cardboard app (based on installs, ...

How to install Android on a PC
Android is the most popular mobile operating system in the world, but that does not mean it can’t be installed on the desktop. There are many ...

NowGaming on Apple TV: Which games should I install first?
... and help you narrow down the choices even further by giving you my take on the titles. This week, Ill be looking at the First Games to Install ...

Google is enabling Android app installs from search results
Google may be simplifying the way Android users install apps on their devices. Some users have reportedly been able to install new apps directly ...