In-place upgrade from Netware 5.1 to Netware 6.5

I am going to upgrade my Netware 5.1 servers to Netware 6.5, any
precautions, suggestions, or comment about the in-place upgrade?

There are many servers in my environment, but all of them are:
Netware 5.1 SP8
Netware 5.1 SP7
NDS 7.62c
NDS7.61

Thanks for any reply.

0
Question

Question Man wrote:

> I am going to upgrade my Netware 5.1 servers to Netware 6.5, any
> precautions, suggestions, or comment about the in-place upgrade?
>
> There are many servers in my environment, but all of them are:
> Netware 5.1 SP8
> Netware 5.1 SP7
> NDS 7.62c
> NDS7.61
>
> Thanks for any reply.

You should have at least 7.62c on your servers.
Any way to get rid of the NDS 7 servers at all ?

Other than that if you follow the instructions it should work.

--
Regards, Kai Reichert
Novell Support Forums Sysop

Computers make very fast, very accurate mistakes.
0
Kai

Netware 5.1, Netware 5.1 SP6, Netware 5.1 SP8, Nici
I'm building a test network that is currently a mess. This network will be used to test the migration of my 10 netware 5.1 Sp 6 servers to NW 6.5. I'm putting two netware 5.1 servers and one MS 2003 server into the test network. Testserver 1 is a 5.1 SP6 server with a master replica. When installing Testserver 2 using the NW51SP6 overlay, the installation failed with a css.nlm "waiting for xmgr" error. Consequently, I was going to create a 5.1 server and then install the SP6 overlay or the SP6 depending on what worked best. My NW51 original disks are scratched and...

Upgrade to Netware 6.5 from Netware 5.1
Currently on NW5.1 with a few servers at main and remote offices. Want (need) to upgrade to newer NOS, so my logical choice would be OES with the Netware option (and so that I can start playing with the Linux option). On the training side I'd appreciate a few pointers. I currently have a NW5.1 CNA and several years experience. I'd like to get the necessary training to be able to upgrade and administer Netware 6.5, hopefully with some exposure to the Linux flavor on the side to get me started. Preferably a certfication would help but not mandatory. In the old days I&...

Upgrading from Netware 5.1 to netware 6.5
Hi, I plan to migrate my 4 Netware 5.1 servers to netware 6.5. What action do I have to do first?Upgrade DS version, latest patchs... My configuration is : - Netware 5.1 SP5 - DHCP is running - NDPS Broker, Manager - DS version 10330.03 - ZfD 3.2 - DirXml 1.1 + passwordSync I also plan to migrate to NIM 2.0 (or IDM, I don't know how to call that!) and ZEN 4 What is the best method?Any feedback experience on projects like this would really be appreciate! Email is also acceptable! Regards, Maurice TADANG I would apply the sp7 patch to the 5.1 servers, then up...

Upgrade Netware 5.1 to Netware 6.5
I have Netware 5.1 SP7 & eDirectory 8.7.03 with 4 servers. I would like to upgrade all servers to Netware 6.5 but only 3 can be upgraded at the same time as 1 server is in a remote office. Should I upgrade the master server in the root partition first? Also, will the upgrade change the eDirectory version? Should I upgrade to eDirectory 8.7.3.3 immediately after the Netware 6.5 upgrade? Please help. Thanks Che From the eDirectory point of view, your servers are already up to date. So an upgrade to NW 6.5 will not upgrade your eDirectory and as such will not create comp...

Netware 5.1 to Netware 6.5 upgrade.
I have 3 Netware 5.1 servers, sp7, and directory 8.7.3.0. and want to upgrade them to Netware 6.5. I will upgrade one server, then the others will be upgraded in a couple of months. Is it best to upgrade my master replica first so my replica in a mixed environment is a 6.5 server? Or at least make my master replica server whatever server I upgrade to 6.5? If so why? Hi, lanman7777@hotmail.com wrote: > > I have 3 Netware 5.1 servers, sp7, and directory 8.7.3.0. and want to > upgrade them to Netware 6.5. > I will upgrade one server, then the others will be up...

Netware 5.1 to Netware 6.5 upgrade
I currently have 2 netware 5.1 servers and want to upgrade to netware 6.5. The Netware 5.1 servers are running NDS 7.47. Should I upgrade to edir on the netware 5.1 servers before the migration, if so what are the steps, as I read the update on the netware 5.1 download section that said that the edir update cannot be applied to a 5.1 server running NDS 7.x or can I use NDS 7.47 on the 5.1 server during the migration process? Thanks John, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated...

Have Groupwise 5.5 on Netware 5.1 going to Netware 6.5
HI there...I have a client that wants to upgrade from Netware 5.1 to 6.5...they have Groupwise 5.5 on that server at present...is the upgrade going to cause a problem. And is Groupwise 5.5 compatiable with Netware 6.5 ? thanks Dave HI, dw@dymaxion.ca wrote: > > HI there...I have a client that wants to upgrade from Netware 5.1 to > 6.5...they have Groupwise 5.5 on that server at present...is the upgrade > going to cause a problem. MOst likely not, however... > And is Groupwise 5.5 compatiable with Netware > 6.5 ? Not officially. It will most ...

Questions on upgrading from Netware 5.1 to Netware 6.5
We are currently running Netware 5.1sp5 ds 8 version 8.82 I want to install a clean netware 6.5 server and make it the Master replica, following with an inplace upgrade of six read\write netware 5.1 servers to 6.5. What should I be concerned about? Does this sound like the appropriate path to take? You can install the NW6.5 server as a Pre-Migration server, there will be no other application installed on the server, use MW7.1. In order to do this make sure all you other servers have eDir8.7.3 install and update the SP to the latest available for NW5.1. Get a copy of the tru...

NetWare 5.1 to NetWare 6.5 Upgrade Question
I have a customer with a NetWare 5.1 Network. They have a main location with with their primary NetWare 5.1 server, then they have multiple locations which also have their own individual NetWare 5.1 servers which are all part of the same tree. They are looking to upgrade to NetWare 6.5 and also install GroupWise 6.5. They are also going to have one new additional server when they upgrade. I am wondering which would be better, to start a new tree on the new server machine and migrate/recreate everything in the tree and somehow unjoin the old servers and rejoin them to the ne...

In place upgrade from Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5
I am looking into doing a inplace upgrade of our Netware 5.0 Server to Netware 6.5 on a Compaq G3 Proliant. What is the best way to do this. Many thanks for any advice. Regards, How many users? -- Dave Lunn NSC SysOp http://support-forums.novell.com ...

Upgrading from Netware 5.1 to Netware 6.5 #2
I am getting ready to make the move to 6.5. My servers are not in a clustered environment. Will my 5.1 boxes do a straight upgrade to 6.5? Or is there any prep work I need to do before hand? Thanks in advance. > I am getting ready to make the move to 6.5. My servers are not in a > clustered environment. Will my 5.1 boxes do a straight upgrade to 6.5? Or > is there any prep work I need to do before hand? Thanks in advance. From reading other threds here, the 2 things to do first, is to upgrade to the most current eDirectory and the apply the most current patches to t...

Upgrading Netware 5.1 SP4 to Netware 6.5
Can Netware 5.1 SP4 servers co-exist with Netware 6.5 servers? Currently, all servers have Netware 5.1 SP4 with eDirectory 8.6.2 (DS.NLM 10350.07). We want to upgrade the replica servers to 6.5 first, and then knock off our 5.1 servers over time. Can we do this without applying SP6a to Netware 5.1? If not, then what would be the ideal migration path? Thanks in advance, J Wolfgang Goerlich , > Can Netware 5.1 SP4 servers co-exist with Netware 6.5 servers? Yes. > Currently, all servers have Netware 5.1 SP4 with eDirectory 8.6.2 > (DS.NLM 10350.07). We want to upgrad...

Web resources about - In-place upgrade from Netware 5.1 to Netware 6.5 - novell.netware.6x.install

List of bridges on the National Register of Historic Places in North Dakota - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ...

Facebook Testing ‘Popular Places In Your Area’ Module?
... directly under its Trending module, “Popular Pages in Your Area,” and clicking on the “See All” link directs users to their “Local Places in ...

2012 State of the Union : What rules has the Obama Administration put in place to avoid future banking ...
Answer (1 of 2): This question is answered by Brian Deese, Deputy Director, National Economic Council, below: [html a81c9d4364][/html]

Watermelon from our place in Olinda - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... quite have the bumper crop like we did last year, but did get a few nice watermelons this year. This one was probably the best, weighing in ...

Maybelline Introduces New Ideal-Woman Rubber Mask To Use In Place Of Makeup - YouTube
Subscribe to The Onion on YouTube: http://bit.ly/xzrBUA Touting it as their most stylish and advanced beauty product to date, officials from ...

UAEU retains its place in the world's top 500 universities
The country's first federal university has retained its place in the top 500 institutions worldwide - and now aims to begin climbing the ladder. ...

The Tribal Mind: Neighbours turns 30 and stamps its place in Aussie TV history
It's too easy to be cynical about Neighbours, to dismiss it as a daggy throwback to a simpler time in Australia's history.

Australia: One of the best places in the world to die
Australia is often praised for its quality of life, but a new report has singled out the lucky country as one of the best places to die in the ...

Former A-League stalwarts fighting for a place in Malaysia Cup knockout stages
With the new Australian domestic season now under way, some former A-League stalwarts are fighting for bragging rights - and a place in the knockout ...

Get the balls in the right places in the puzzling Orph
Orph Pivvot Duet Game Get the balls in the right places in the puzzling Orph is a story by AppAdvice.com AppAdvice - iPhone, iPad, iPod, ...