how to change the Host Name Domain Name

Due to a poor initial planning I would like to change the Server host

Name/Domain Name so I can do a DNS resolve. How can I do that whitout

having to reinstall the OS.

oarouna

SYS:ETC\RESOLV.CFG is the file you need.

--
Edison Ortiz
Novell Product Support Forum SysOp

0
Edison

Host name and domain name
Hello, I've installed NSBS 6.0 but during the install I didn't know what to enter for Host Name, Domain Name and Name Server. For the Server Name I enrtered my ISP's DNS server IP. For the Host name I entered "pmc.srv" which is my Netware server name and for the domain name I entered "pmc.com". Now when I go to 192.168.0.1 I get the Welcome to Netware 6 page but if I click on "Open iFolder" to goes to http://pmc_srv.pmc.com:52080/index.html and "Cannot display page" comes up. iFolder works through the desktop client but I nee...

Host name Domain Name
When setting up a server I am asked for the Hostname.Domain name. If I want change the domain name at a later time to something else where can I do that? As always, thanks Coy Coy, > When setting up a server I am asked for the Hostname.Domain name. If I > want change the domain name at a later time to something else where can I > do that? The places that come to mind off hand are sys:etc\hosts , sys:etc\hostname , sys:etc\resolv.cfg , and in the DNS certificate. Of course, depending on the other applications installed there will be other locations - eg fo...

Netware 6.5 Installation
Hello, I am test driving Netware 6.5 and am in the middle of installation. I am at the screen where it asks what my Host Name and Domain name is. I don't have a DNS server and my name isn't registered so what should I put in those boxes? My servername is NW1 so I could put that in the Host Name. But, what about the Domain Name? Should I just enter Local? I am using a router which assigns IP addresses. Since I am still testing Netware, and don't have a DNS server, I could just use the HOSTS file on the workstation, correct? Thanks in advance for your help, John...

hosts
I have a nw65sp2 server -upgraded from nw6 I wish to change the domain name from appsserver.woodleigh.vic.edu.au to appsserver.minimbah.com.au how do you do this and get it to register in hostname file and what are the implications - server runs NDPS, backupexec 9.1 also the hosts file on this server has been edited ( and saved) to show the loopback address when the server restarts the loopback address is lost. the 127.0.0.1 is missing!! What is going on? LDAP says its waiting to load, can't ping the loopback address of course. Tomcat for the adminsrv won't start. ...

How to change domain name host?
I registered a domain name and hosted by yahoo.com. How to change domain name hosting  to another host? Hello, 1. You could change your DNS servers (your hosting company will provide with this information) or 2. You could change your DNS settings and to create "A record" pointing to your hosting server IP address. RegardsWindows Hosting ASP.NET | Top ASP.NET Hosts | Dedicated Windows Hosting go to your domain control panel and add the new name server before this you need to add the domain name in your hosting provider control panel some thing like add domain and spe...

Change NetWare domain name
We have a slight issue which has only just reared its head. We have a NW6.5SP1a server running Gwise, Apache, ARCserve, iPrint, iFolder etc. Way before my time the server was originally a 4.1 server which over time has been migrated and upgraded to 6.5. Only recently has it been migrated to 6.5. The server was given a domain name of servername.servername.co.uk which from the hosts file resolves back to itself. We have just started playing with iFolder and noticed that the LDAP server is showing as being servername.servername.co.uk and any of the links on the iFolder website fai...

changing the name of a portal.. and even name of install folder??
suppose i have a site which i started of named testingSite and now i have done some development on it and now i want to rename it to testingProtal or something else what changes do i need to do... i have to go into IIS and change the virtual directory and change the portal alias in the database .... what else.. while we are at the topic lets say the folder that contains dotnetnuke installation i want to rename that ... what changes do i need to do .. i know we need to go and change some stuff in the database so i know where to upload the file... but where and what else would i have t...

host name change and/or host ip address change for sqla server
If a sqla server's name (host=server_name) or ip address is changed, will that cause a problem for sqla 10/11 when it is restarted? Thanks, Doug No problems for the server itself... client connection strings *may* have to change, but only if they already require LINKS=TCPIP(HOST=... to be specified. Breck On 19 Jun 2009 14:27:47 -0700, "Doug Stone" <doug.stonenospam@res-q.com> wrote: > >If a sqla server's name (host=server_name) or ip address is changed, will >that cause a problem for sqla 10/11 when it is restarted? >Thanks, >...

How to change User account names etc after name change
What is the quickest, easiest most reliable way to change an existing users account information after a name change. For example: Existing user ShellySmith gets married and changes to ShellyJones. How & what do I change for her Groupwise 6 account to send/receive emails as ShellyJones? Bill Internet or internal? If you have GroupWise Internet addressing turned on then you change the last name, that updates the Internet address(if first.last or last.first) Then add an alias for the user of shellyjones. Tim On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 19:42:36 GMT, "Bill Clark" &l...

tree name and domain name
Can the NDS Tree name and a Domain name be the same? I want to rename the tree, but the domain has the name I want to use. Russell, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the other support tools and options available at http://support.novell.com. - You could also try posting your message a...

Tree name and domain name
I would like to implement CIFS in a domain mode. NW6 sp3 . Any problems with the NT4 domain name and the NW tree or .O being the same name. Server name is unique Thanks in advance, Chris In article <oScQa.12882$2k7.11132@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, Chris wrote: > Any problems with the NT4 domain name and the NW tree or .O being the same > name. Server name is unique > None that I've heard of, but I have not tried it. bd NSC Volunteer SysOp www.InsightNetSolutions.net Personally, I would avoid making the Domain name the same as the ...

DNS domain and name server change under Netware 5.1
If my domain name changes ie from .local to .new.local - What steps do I need to consider on my Netware servers (other than changing resolv.cfg)- Do the certificates need to be changed? Thanks for your help! S Larden, > Do > the certificates need to be changed? > The name-based ones, yes, but PKIDIAG will fix that. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Novell does not monitor these forums officially. Enhancement requests for all Novell products may be made at http://support.novell.com/enhancement ...

install aborted: need to know host & domain names
Great install - up to a point! But it stopped at the Hostname and Domainname questions. The default filled-in hostname was inappropriate, but how and what to change? My references say domain and host names aren't that different - my.domain.name is a host name, after all. And the box check question: to uncheck or not? The Help available is a bit threatening: ***snip*** if you are using DHP to get an IP address, your hostname will be written to /etc/hosts and be resolvable as a 127.0.0.2 IP address. ... To disable this option, uncheck this box. Now your hostname will not be ...

Domain name forwarding
HiI have written a portal content management system, so that different users have different sites such as:www.portalsite.com/default.aspx?SiteID=1www.portalsite.com/default.aspx?SiteID=2       etc. I have managed to URL rewrite, in the global.asax, to give friendly URLs such as:www.portalsite.com/user01www.portalsite.com/user02 However some users have their own registered domain names which they can forward to their portal site.  For example a user may have 'www.mydomainname.com' (hosted with another ISP) which they forward to point to their portal address ...

Web resources about - how to change the Host Name Domain Name - novell.netware.6x.install

Change Congress - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Change Congress is an American organization that aims to end perceived corruption in the United States Congress by reducing what it considers ...

Australian tennis bad boy Nick Kyrgios prepares for Hopman Cup and vows not to change focus on winning ...
... was the only disruption to Nick Kyrgios’ Hopman Cup preparation as he enters 2016 ready to repair his public image but vowing not to change ...

Kyrgios vows not to change
A SHARK scare at Cottesloe Beach was the only disruption to Nick Kyrgios’ Hopman Cup preparation as he enters 2016 vowing to not to change but ...

NSW government drug approach like climate change denialism, says doctor
A leading emergency doctor has slammed the NSW government's ultimatum to festival organisers that they will be shut down if drug overdoses continue, ...

How A Blog About Donald Trump Is Going To Change Your Life In 2016
Can you be hypnotized into becoming a much more successful lawyer?

Have You Heard of Voya? Allison Janney, Jesse Tyler Ferguson Aim to Change That
The company is investing $100 million in total to introduce its brand to Americans. The introductory effort first began last year when Voya aired ...

Day care and language change
by Doctor Science This is a re-blog of something I submitted to Language Log back in early November, about some historical references to new ...

Complaints about hard-to-find fare estimator on New Year's Eve forced Uber to change its app
... 1, 2016 Uber told Business Insider that the fare estimate tool was working correctly, but an experiment in New York City and Boston that changed ...

Bill Clinton says his wife is a "change-maker"
The former president hit the campaign trail to stump for his wife for the first time

Winning World War III, Climate Change Edition
The technology for managing climate change by transitioning to a low carbon economy is at hand, but only a wartime mentality can ramp up the ...