Forums - Use netware 6.x or OES Netware forum for 6.5 sp5

OK a little confused here.

If NW 6.5 sp5 IS OES on NW.

Should posts be here or in the OES NW forum ?
0
Tim

Tim,

> OK a little confused here.
>
> If NW 6.5 sp5 IS OES on NW.
>
> Should posts be here or in the OES NW forum ?

Either - a post to one will be X-posted to the other automatically.

--
Hamish Speirs
Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop.

http://haitch.net

(Please, no email unless requested. Unsolicited support emails will
probably be ignored)
0
Hamish
3/7/2006 4:51:04 PM
In novell.support.open-enterprise-server.netware.install-upgrade Tim Tye <Ttye@removespamlason.com> wrote:
> OK a little confused here.

> If NW 6.5 sp5 IS OES on NW.

> Should posts be here or in the OES NW forum ?

Either way works. To quote something from my header:

Newsgroups: novell.support.netware.6x.install-upgrade,novell.support.open-enterprise-server.netware.install-upgrade

It grabbed the "Followup-To:" header from your post. The news-server is
configured to automatically cross post between the two forums.

--
Novell, it does a network good

0
corwin

Install Netware 6.5 SP5 Server in the Netware 6.0 SP5 Tree
Good day ! There is a little problem . We have fully functional tree Netware 6.0SP5 on a four servers (it works VERY FINE through 3 years).All servers are Dell PE2600. None of postfixes neither patches released after SP5 not installed - pure SP5 only. One weeks ago we've got a new server - Dell PE 1950 8))) specially for some tasks, and we found that NW 6.0 NOT APPLICABLE for this type PE.Well, we have licensed 6.5 and we thought about tree upgrade, but it was planned as "not-in-this-month" task. And now I think ,that acceptable decision for us will - to instal...

GroupWise 6 and NetWare 6.5 SP5 OES NetWare
Would you please provide upgrade path advice? We currently have GroupWise 6 SP4 running on NW6.5 SP2. We want to patch all the NetWare server with SP5 and a week later upgrade GroupWise 6 to 7. We noticed that NW6.5 SP5 upgrades all of your NetWare 6.5 components to OES NetWare and I don�t know if GroupWise 6 and all of its agents will work in OES NetWare. Should we upgrade GroupWise first to 7 and then apply NetWare SP5 a few weeks later to be safe? You input is appreciated. wkramer@mail.michbar.org wrote: > We noticed that NW6.5 SP5 upgrades all of your NetWare 6....

upgrade Netware 6 SP5 to Netware 6.5 SP5
We want to update a Netware 6 server to Netware 6.5 SP5. The server is running: eguide 2.1.0 NDPS 3.0.5 File services Named $ DHCP 1.2.0 Master server (ROOT-replica) Are there any special steps to take, for updating the Eguide and the NDPS services, or is this migrated by the upgrade process automatically? nospammail@atmyaddress.com wrote: > for updating the Eguide and the NDPS > services, NDPS will get the new NLM's - don't know about eGuide. Make sure you put the NetWare 6.5 OS CD in a workstation and run the deployment manager before doing the upg...

netware 6.0 sp5 to netware 6.5 sp5 upgrade
how can i easily upgrade a netware 6.0 sp5 server to netware 6.5 sp5? kjs@verizon.net wrote: > how can i easily upgrade a netware 6.0 sp5 server to netware 6.5 sp5? Well you got a few options here. You can do a in-place upgrade if you have direct access to the server. If you don't have direct access you can do a across the wire upgrade. If you want to replace your old hardware you can use the migration wizard. -- Cheers, Edward where can i get the migration wizard? > kjs@verizon.net wrote: > > > how can i easily upgrade a netware 6.0 sp5 serve...

iFolder 3.x for OES (NetWare kernel) aka NetWare 6.5 SP4a... SP5 maybe?
I've been following the status of iFolder 3.x for NetWare for quite some time, even posting message in the novell.devsup.mono forum and sending a few emails to a few product managers. The iFolder team has always held that they need Mono ported to NetWare before iFolder 3.x will run on the OES NetWare kernel (http://www.novell.com/products/openenterpriseserver/upgradebusiness_chat2.html). Supposedly the complete fork() API needed to allow the port for Mono for NetWare is now available with OES SP1 (NetWare 6.5 SP4) http://www.novell.com/products/openenterpriseserver/whatsne...

Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Thank you! Mark, > Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new > NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 > servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Run the NWDeploy.exe from the OS CD, run the Extend schema and prepare network options. On Feb 1, 6:09 pm, Hamish <ham...@haitch.net> wrote: > Mark, > &...

Installing first Netware 6.5 server into an all Netware 6 Tree
Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write replice into an all Netware 6 tree. Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is there a edirectory version? any documents on this? > Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write > replice into an all Netware 6 tree. > > Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is > there a edirectory version? any documents on this? Read/write replica of the root partition, or read/write of some other partition? ...

netware 6.5 to netware 6.5 hardware upgrade
Is there any dsmaint procedure or TID available for "netware 6.5 to netware 6.5 hardware upgrade"? (I want to replace a server) Thanks Kumar On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 02:32:33 GMT, kumars@gotafe.vic.edu.au wrote: >Is there any dsmaint procedure or TID available >for "netware 6.5 to netware 6.5 hardware upgrade"? >(I want to replace a server) The Migration Wizard v. 8 (http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=nMihwfdEES8~) will do this for you. --------------- Donald Albury Novell Product Support Volunteer SysOp Sorry, no replies to e-mail respon...

Netware 6 and netware 6.5 with USB
LS. In netware 6 and netware 6.5 is a USB harddisk supported? Dirk Dirk wrote: >In netware 6 and netware 6.5 is a USB harddisk supported? NetWare 6.0 : no NetWare 6.5 : yes Note that USB hard disk performance is rather disappointing under NetWare. -- Marcel Cox http://support.novell.com/forums ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Marcel Cox's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=8 ...

Netware 5.x to Netware 6.5 migration
I have a few questions in regards to migrating Netware 5.x to Netware 6.5 server. I have 2 servers, one running 5.1 the other running 5.0, I want to consolidate those two servers into one new Netware 6.5 server on new hardware. I know I must run the migration wizard for the one server, but do I have to run the migration wizard twice, i.e. on both 5.x servers, or can I simply migrate one server and copy the data from the other server without migrating the nds objects? Also, the data on one server is to much to do a migration wizard over the weekend, slow data transfer, so can I mig...

OES NetWare = NetWare 6.5?
--____EPDJRYFQAHOZXLWIKOOA____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable OK, correct me if I'm wrong, but after downloading the OES NetWare CDs it = states that it is NetWare 6.5? Is this correct? I'm already running NetWare 6.5 SP2. Will there be a NetWare 7.0? Thanks, John --____EPDJRYFQAHOZXLWIKOOA____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____NYJGDZJVSAEVBAXBVEWB____" --____NYJGDZJVSAEVBAXBVEWB____ Content-Type: text/html; charset=windows-1252 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable ...

Netware 6.5 or Netware OES
What's the difference? What should we go for? 100412.1762@csi.com wrote: >What's the difference? NetWare OES is NetWare 6.5 SP3 or later. >What should we go for? For a new install, use the NW 6.5 SP5 or later overlay CDs. -- Marcel Cox http://support.novell.com/forums Many thanks ...

unable to unlock screensaver after upgrade from netware 6.5 SP5 to Netware 6 SP6.
--____HZWSRIDOPQOGXTPYETVH____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Fri, 14 Dec 2006 09:45:16 +0100" After the upgrade of a netware 6.5 SP5 server to SP6, I can no longer = unlock the netware screensaver. The message that appears on the console = for a failed login is the following: 14-12-2006 8:11:44 : NMAS-31200610.14-14 NMAS.NLM intruder detection locked user account CN=3Dconsole.O=3DLICOM= The parameters with which the screensaver is loaded are: Loa...

Web resources about - Forums - Use netware 6.x or OES Netware forum for 6.5 sp5 - novell.netware.6x.install

Novell NetWare vs. Microsoft networking

Netware • Tag • The Register

CAIA Lab FAQ