Error installing Netware 6.5 SP6 - error parsing

We get the following error when installing Netware 6.5 SP6.  Several other
servers with similar h/w configurations installed with NO issues.

We rebooted server,and it came back up okay.  We can see volumes.  eDir
did not get updated and is still at 8.7.3.8.   Tried to restart SP install
and it returns to the same error message.  I have recopied SP out to
server in new directory.

Any guess on what we can try next?

See error message below.

thanks, Lin

Error:

An error occurred while parsing file

"SYS1:SupportNWNW65SP6SPINSTALLSILENT.ICS", line 253, at or near word or
symbol "CF_OPENFILE".  Error description: Syntax error.  (nwconfig-6-232)

Press <Enter> to continue.

0
lin

Does your server have a file bti.cfg in the system directory and is that
file not marked RO?

--
Marcel Cox (Sysop)
Discover the new Novell forums at http://forums.novell.com

Not read only.

Lin

0
lin
11/2/2007 1:49:44 PM
Could you post your bti.cfg file so I can see that it is not corrupted?
The line in the SP install where your error occurs is in fact the line
where the install tries to edit your BTI.CFG file.
PS. I suggest you use the new web interface at
http://forums.novell.com/novell-product-support-forums/open-enterprise-server/oes-netware/oes-nw-install-upgrade/281947-error-installing-netware-6-5-sp6-error-parsing.html
to post your file because the old interface has a tendency to badly mangle
some characters in files posted.

--
Marcel Cox (Sysop)
Discover the new Novell forums at http://forums.novell.com
0
Marcel
11/3/2007 4:33:29 PM
We chose to just remove this server from the tree since the hardware is
getting so old, 6 year old server.

We are looking to replace it with a newer server.

We moved the applications to another server which is still under Dell
warranty since this turned out to be a mission critical application.

Thanks for your help and suggestion.

thanks,
Lin

0
lin

Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Thank you! Mark, > Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new > NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 > servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Run the NWDeploy.exe from the OS CD, run the Extend schema and prepare network options. On Feb 1, 6:09 pm, Hamish <ham...@haitch.net> wrote: > Mark, > &...

Installing first Netware 6.5 server into an all Netware 6 Tree
Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write replice into an all Netware 6 tree. Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is there a edirectory version? any documents on this? > Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write > replice into an all Netware 6 tree. > > Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is > there a edirectory version? any documents on this? Read/write replica of the root partition, or read/write of some other partition? ...

Install Netware 6.5 in current Netware 6 for DirXML use?
I would like to install Netware 6.5 in our current NW6.0 environemnt for using the Dirxml starter pack. Any issues such as I have only SP2 on all servers can not go to SP3 at the moment. I know DirxML will require a replica of DirxMl accounts needed so can the two versions of Directory servcies co-exists alright? I would lik eto know if I can simply insert the new NW6.5 into our current tree with out changes to the current NW6 + SP2 environment? Thanks Bradley Bowness, Although SP is recommended, there shouldn't be any compatibility problems. Just be sure to r...

Installing Netware 6.5 into a current Netware 5.0 network

installing netware 6.5 cluster into exisiting netware 5 tree.

installing netware 6.5 servers into a exisiting netware 5 tree.
Currently have Netware 5.0 Servers sp4 and some sp5 We intend to install two new cluster servers running the latest version so would like to install two 6.5 Netware Servers which includes a 2 node cluster. Is it possible to install netware 6.5 into my existing Netware 5.0 network. Also we currently are running a 2 node cluster on netware 5 running the first ver of cluster servers 1.0. We found that this version wouldnt support our subnet mask of 255.255.240.0 but only the default one 255.255.255.0. Can the new version of cluster services support 255.255.240.0 Regards. &g...

Installing Netware 6.5 Servers into a existing Netware 5 environment
We currently have a Netware 5 environment using sp4/sp5 We also have the original cluster services 1.01 running under netware 5. We intend to install a new SAN which will be clustered using 2 new Netware 6.5 Servers. What is the best approach to installing Netware 6.5 in our current environment, should I install the new Netware 6.5 Servers into a new tree, but then how will they communicate with the exisiting Netware 5 Servers. Can I install the Netware 6.5 Server into the exisiting 5 environment and then in the future upgrade the current 5 Servers. Thankyou and best regards ...

Installing Netware 6.5 Servers in a existing Netware 5.0 network
I need to install two new Netware 6.5 Servers into my current Netware 5.0 network with Service packs 4/5. What updates do I need to apply to the Netware 5.0 Servers and do I download the nw65sp1b overlay file only and use that to run deployment manager, or do I have to install sp1 first. Also can you purchase nw65 licenses seperately Thanking you in advance for help given. Regards. As a minimum the 5.0 servers need nw50sp6a, os5pt2a.exe, wsock4f.exe, flsysft3.exe, ts524o.exe, and Set client file caching enabled=Off. The DS version would preferably be edir851.exe plus edir8530.e...

Installing Netware 6.5 into a current Netware 5.0 network #2
We currently have a Netware 5.0 network running sp4. Included in this is a 2 server netware 5 cluster running the original 1.0 cluster services. We intend to install another SAN which will be a 2 server Netware 6.5 cluster. Is it ok to install netware 6.5 with exisiting Netware5 Servers? I believe we need to apply the nwsp56a patch to all our Netware 5 Server first. is this correct?. Do you apply it to the master first as this is a cluster server? Also I am concerned that when I apply the nw5sp6a patch to our exisiting Netware 5 Cluster servers it will cause problems with them...

Installing Netware 6.5 into a current Netware 5.0 network #3
Sure, What do i need to do to make my Netware 5.0 SP4 Server ready for install og Netware 6.5 Server into the exisiting Netware 5 tree Regards. Duplicate, answered above. PHIL.BEC@CULTURE.GOV.UK wrote: > > Sure, What do i need to do to make my Netware 5.0 SP4 Server > ready for install og Netware 6.5 Server into the exisiting Netware 5 tree > Regards. -- Massimo Rosen Novell Support Connection Sysop No emails please! http://www.cfc-it.de ...

Install Netware 6.5 SP5 Server in the Netware 6.0 SP5 Tree
Good day ! There is a little problem . We have fully functional tree Netware 6.0SP5 on a four servers (it works VERY FINE through 3 years).All servers are Dell PE2600. None of postfixes neither patches released after SP5 not installed - pure SP5 only. One weeks ago we've got a new server - Dell PE 1950 8))) specially for some tasks, and we found that NW 6.0 NOT APPLICABLE for this type PE.Well, we have licensed 6.5 and we thought about tree upgrade, but it was planned as "not-in-this-month" task. And now I think ,that acceptable decision for us will - to instal...

Netware 5.1 SP7 to Netware 6.5 SP1b
Did first in-place upgrade in Production yesterday. Two issues: 1) Install seemed to hang at the very end. Closing installation files. (We let it set for 20 minutes and then closed diaglog box). Then was able to restart server. Server was not hung. 2) Can not access iManager Do I have to recreate CA for 6.5? My test network which has different hardware works. I will compare results. Any suggestions on what I can try next. thanks, Linda Was finally able to get iManager to work. Found several tids. TIDS 10068769, 10086939, 10087650, 10088796...

Web resources about - Error installing Netware 6.5 SP6 - error parsing - novell.netware.6x.install

Rooting and installing Android 1.5 JesusFreke - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
More information at: android.noisepages.com/2009/05/rooting-pics/

Installing ClearCal Anti-Glare Film for Glossy Displays - YouTube
Demonstration of how to install a RadTech ClearCal Anti-Glare Film on a MacBook Pro. ClearCal eliminates glare on glossy displays like Apple's ...

Nine Sydney councils are getting ready to turn off the lights &ndash; 13,000 of them &ndash; to save more than $20 million.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper