Drivers for Intel DQ965GF

I'm trying to install NW 6.5 SP6 on a clone with an Intel DQ965GFEKR 
motherboard.

Here's the specs:
Intel DQ965GFEKR Motherboard with on Board RAID Controller
Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 (2.66 GHz) Processor
4 GB PC533 DDR2 SDRAM --
(3) 80 GB SATA 7200 RPM Hard Drive
Sony 16x EIDE DVD ROM Drive
Integrated Intel Graphics Controller
Integrated PCI Sound
Integrated Intel Ether Express Pro 1000

I'm asked it to load and allowed for unsupported drivers.

After loading the storage adapter drivers, it finds one device driver (IDECD). 
When I click on continue I get the message:

No storage device was detected in this system.
Load the appropriate driver (HAM).

I tried adding the other drivers in the list that made sense, but nothing 
would work. I kept getting the same error and can not go further. This 
motherboard does not support Netware, so I guess the drivers are not available 
from Intel, but I was wondering if anyone else has used it and gotten it to 
work with other drivers. 

I'm wanting to use this computer for BorderManager so I don't have the option 
of loading OES Linux.

Thank you.
David
0
David
5/21/2007 7:35:06 PM
novell.netware.6x.install 11229 articles. 0 followers. Follow

4 Replies
617 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 14

Hi,

David wrote:
> 
> I'm trying to install NW 6.5 SP6 on a clone with an Intel DQ965GFEKR
> motherboard.
> 
> Here's the specs:
> Intel DQ965GFEKR Motherboard with on Board RAID Controller

Well, it explicitly says *Desktop* Motherboard. <g>

It seems this is a ICH8 SATA chip, so you may have luck with some of
these drivers:

http://developer.novell.com/devres/storage/drivers/idesata_070404.zip
http://developer.novell.com/devres/storage/drivers/satahd_070404.zip

http://developer.novell.com/devres/storage/drivers/ideata_070404.zip
http://developer.novell.com/devres/storage/drivers/idehd_070404.zip

CU,
-- 
Massimo Rosen
Novell Product Support Forum Sysop
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
0
Massimo
5/21/2007 8:57:34 PM
On 21/05/2007 Massimo Rosen <mrosenno@spamcfc-it.de> wrote:

>Well, it explicitly says *Desktop* Motherboard. <g>
>
>It seems this is a ICH8 SATA chip, so you may have luck with some of
>these drivers:
>
>http://developer.novell.com/devres/storage/drivers/idesata_070404.zip
>http://developer.novell.com/devres/storage/drivers/satahd_070404.zip
>
>http://developer.novell.com/devres/storage/drivers/ideata_070404.zip
>http://developer.novell.com/devres/storage/drivers/idehd_070404.zip
>
>CU,

Tried my luck and it didn't work. Thanks for giving me something to work with. 
I knew I was taking a chance when I got it. I can still use the computer so 
it's not a big loss. I was just hoping to get away with a lower cost 
BorderManager.
Thanks,
David
0
David
5/22/2007 7:40:12 PM
Actually,, time and time again we do use Intel's desktop boards
inhouse when doing lab/testing with Novell,, 

Usually Netware's included drivers are just fine, the issue beeing the
bios settings.

Depending on the specific board, you might have different options,
what you want to try is to find legacy as an option or, if not else,
disable anything called enhanced.

Also, you have sometimes the choices for SATA/PATA and/or AHCI ( or
something like that for the drives )... the AHCI (whatever) does NOT
usually work.

Last but not least,, Tip is to use single HD and CD while installing
and then after the install disconnect the CD if you want more HD's
installed,, We ususually have issues with the DT boards if you try to
run a bunch of drives at the same time.


On Tue, 22 May 2007 19:40:12 GMT, "David" <duehara@hba.net> wrote:

>On 21/05/2007 Massimo Rosen <mrosenno@spamcfc-it.de> wrote:
>
>>Well, it explicitly says *Desktop* Motherboard. <g>
>>
>>It seems this is a ICH8 SATA chip, so you may have luck with some of
>>these drivers:
>>
>>http://developer.novell.com/devres/storage/drivers/idesata_070404.zip
>>http://developer.novell.com/devres/storage/drivers/satahd_070404.zip
>>
>>http://developer.novell.com/devres/storage/drivers/ideata_070404.zip
>>http://developer.novell.com/devres/storage/drivers/idehd_070404.zip
>>
>>CU,
>
>Tried my luck and it didn't work. Thanks for giving me something to work with. 
>I knew I was taking a chance when I got it. I can still use the computer so 
>it's not a big loss. I was just hoping to get away with a lower cost 
>BorderManager.
>Thanks,
>David

0
emerson
5/23/2007 9:53:28 AM
On 22/05/2007 emerson.nospam@charger.se wrote:
>Actually,, time and time again we do use Intel's desktop boards
>inhouse when doing lab/testing with Novell,, 
>
>Usually Netware's included drivers are just fine, the issue beeing the
>bios settings.
>
>Depending on the specific board, you might have different options,
>what you want to try is to find legacy as an option or, if not else,
>disable anything called enhanced.
>
>Also, you have sometimes the choices for SATA/PATA and/or AHCI ( or
>something like that for the drives )... the AHCI (whatever) does NOT
>usually work.
>
>Last but not least,, Tip is to use single HD and CD while installing
>and then after the install disconnect the CD if you want more HD's
>installed,, We ususually have issues with the DT boards if you try to
>run a bunch of drives at the same time.


Thanks for your suggestions.
Unfortunately, these drivers did not work for me. Honestly, I did try them, 
but I didn't put much effort into it. I also tried playing a little with the 
BIOS. Didn't have many choices though. After it didn't work, I just moved on. 
I used this computer for another application and just loaded XP on it. I ended 
up getting another server with a server mother board and Netware loaded just 
fine.
David
0
David
6/11/2007 7:11:24 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

OutDated Drivers: How do Install Intel Drivers In Opensuse
Hi, I verify in Intel site that my Intel'drivers are outdated, because Dell Suport is slow, so how do I update them in Opensuse? Do I use Virtual Machine or try through Wine? Thanks in advanced! -- alexdbars ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Wow, I did not know about that in the kernel were all needed drivers, I incoming on linux' Sphere about two months ago, so sorry by take your time to explain it to me, I will dig on linux hardware ! Thanks!! -- alexdbars ------------------------------------------------...

install netware components not installed in the 1st installation
I have a NW5.1 running file services and NW5.0 running GW3.6. Both servers are installed in the same tree. I now wish to install Netware components like Portal, HTTP, NTTP etc one my NW5.1 server. I have SP6 installed on my NW5.1 What is the correct procedure I should adopt to successfully install these components? Thanks, Martin. On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 09:00:46 GMT, martin.scicluna@deltamalta.com wrote: >What is the correct procedure I should adopt to successfully install these >components? Use the console GUI Install, and select the products you want to inst...

intel g33 driver
Hi all, I'm a complete opensuse newbie. I want to install this driver, but I don't know how to do it. 'Index of /repositories/X11:/Drivers:/Video:/intel-G33/SLE_10_SP1' (http://tinyurl.com/6ao92v) Thanks in advance. -- linuca ------------------------------------------------------------------------ heey... where from can i get the Intel G33 driver for openSuse 11??? -- tokifukaz ------------------------------------------------------------------------ tokifukaz's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=29102 View this thread: ...

Windows 2000 Patch: Driver Installation Program Does Not Install Device Drivers
Some driver installation programs don't work on Windows 2000 (W2K) after you install either Critical Update QFE 813044 or W2K Server SP4. The installation does not succeed and you receive an incorrect error that no drivers are available for the device. The %WINDIR%\Setupapi.log reports there are no compatible drivers for the device. After installation, you may have to restart your computer. http://makeashorterlink.com/?W2F032795 -- Regard: Joh@nnes "If U know neither the enemy nor yourself,U will succumb in every battle" ...

Windows 2000 Patch: Driver Installation Program Does Not Install Device Drivers
Some driver installation programs don't work on Windows 2000 (W2K) after you install either Critical Update QFE 813044 or W2K Server SP4. The installation does not succeed and you receive an incorrect error that no drivers are available for the device. The %WINDIR%\Setupapi.log reports there are no compatible drivers for the device. After installation, you may have to restart your computer. http://makeashorterlink.com/?W2F032795 -- Regard: Joh@nnes "If U know neither the enemy nor yourself,U will succumb in every battle" ...

how to install iegd driver for Intel GM45
Lo all, Just installed my first linux ever. So I am what we call a NOOB. The highest resolution I can get on my video card is 1024x768. I found out that I need to install iegd driver for my intell GM45 card. Can you tell me where I can download that driver and how I can install this? Please keep the noob thing in mind :) Thx -- Foolke ------------------------------------------------------------------------ I have a GM45 It works out of the box Please post result of Code: -------------------- /sbin/lspci -nnk -------------------- -- Box: 11.4 | ...

Nvidia driver: to install or not to install
Why some one needs to (or should) install Nvidia driver instead of free Graphic driver? What are the reasons? What are advantages of Nvidia driver compare to free graphic driver? -- _MrAli_ http://mgtman.blogfa.com *My System:* Hp pavilion dv2690ee notebook, Intel core2due 2.4 GH CPU, 3MB Cache, 250 GB HDD, 2 GB Ram, nvidia Gforce 8400 Gs Graphic ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Overall way better graphics and performance -- Box: 12.1 | KDE 4.7.2 | AMD 64 X2 5200+ | nVidia 8500GT | 4GB RAM Lap #1: 12.1 | Duo T4300 | KDE4.7...

Intel graphics driver: try install or wait?
Hi guys, I have a laptop with the Intel GM 965 graphic adapter. This card really has a lot of problems with openSUSE 11.1 - it freezes with 3D applications, as Compiz and 3D games, the laptop does not suspend, neither to ram nor disk, and I cannot watch movies in Real Player when XVideo is enabled. But, yesterday I read in the _'Intel_Linux_Graphics' (http://intellinuxgraphics.org/)_ site that a new driver was released in April 15 and should fix lot of bugs in Intel cards. Then, what I want to know is: may I install this driver in my laptop without problems? Have someon...

Install RAID drivers during install
Hi there, I have a new Dell R610 server with a H200 RAID controller onto which I am trying to install OpenSuse 11.1. That said, it does not appear to support the RAID controller. I see that Dell have the Linux drivers for the controller on their website (officially supporting ES10 / 11 and RHLE5). Is there an easy way to to install these drivers during the early part of the setup process? I'm a bit stuck as to where I load them in. Any help would be much appreciated. Regards, Rob -- robertdehaas ----------------------------------------------------------------...

Install FTP after netware installation.
Using Netware 6.5 sp4, how can I after installing the pre-migration server pattern install just the FTP server? Do I use the Install from the GUI or do I use NWConfig? I looked in the NW65PROD cd at the FTP directory, and just saw the ftp.zip. I didn't see any .in or other 'installation' file to select from Install via the GUI or NWConfig. Thanks in advance! Dave S. D. Rose wrote: > Using Netware 6.5 sp4, how can I after installing the pre-migration server > pattern install just the FTP server? Do I use the Install from the GUI or > do I use NWConfig?...

Netware 5 install hangs on SCSI Driver
HI I am replacing the hard drive in my clients netware 5.0 server. This server sees little use so they do not want to upgrade it. I have purchased a new hard drive of the same type as the old one. All the other hardware is the same as the original install. I am using the same disks as the original install. The installl goes great until I get to the SCSI Card drivers. I install them as instructed from the floppy and verify the slot numbers. Once I go to proceed the install hangs on the loading driver screen and never reaches the storage device driver screen. I am using an adaptec u...

unable to install netware 5.1 NIC driver
when I tried to install netware 5.1 to a Virtual PC, I could not find the nic driver. It did not recognize "digital dc21x4" and I had to install "unlisted driver" but still could not find it. Any advise? I put the right email this time. Thanks. Anders already replied to your first query - we'll keep the traffic on this one over there. -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop ...

Intel raid sata driver for netware 6.5
I am having one heck of a time trying to install OES on a new Intel server board. I have downloaded the drivers listed on the Intel site for Netware 6.5 SP3 and the system comes up with all four 80GB SATA hard drives configured as raid 10 and the install of the OES begins. Everything appears to be working until the pairing of drivers with hardware at which the system reboots and puts me back to the beginning of the install. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks, Roger I just went through a similar problem. Try using the NW6.5sp6 overlay CD's. carson > I am h...

Netware 6.5 Installation Hangs Device Drivers
Matching drivers to hardware devices....please wait. I have tried selecting the driver, continuing, etc. no change. Suggestions. Please supply the usual particulars when asking questions such as these. What kind of hardware are you running (brand of server, type of drives being used, type of NIC, etc....). To get a good answer, you must ask a good question........... <spashia@owensville.k12.mo.us> wrote in message news:bm6%b.2637$Mw6.987@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > Matching drivers to hardware devices....please wait. I have tried > selecting the driver, conti...

Web resources about - Drivers for Intel DQ965GF - novell.netware.6x.install

Adam Driver - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Adam Douglas Driver ( 1983-11-19 ) November 19, 1983 (age 30) San Diego, California , U.S. His father's family is from Arkansas and his mother's ...

Brisbane Uber driver attacked by woman with machete: police
A teenager charged with assaulting an Uber driver with a machete in Brisbane claims she acted in self-defence.

Spike in extraordinary licence approvals for banned drivers in WA
THE rate of banned drivers being allowed back behind the wheel is at a five-year high.

Former IndyCar driver Raphael Matos suspended in Brazil for doping
... under: Government/Legal , Hirings/Firings/Layoffs , Motorsports , South America The Brazilian racing federation has suspended former Indy driver ...

Why the founder of Kayak took his Tesla and became an Uber driver
... as a vampire. Then he sat down behind the wheel of his $100,000 Tesla Model S and turned on the Uber app. English didn't become an Uber driver ...

Feds Won't Accept Missouri Driver's Licenses
CBS Local Feds Won't Accept Missouri Driver's Licenses CBS Local JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) – Missouri residents soon will not be able to use ...

Grand jury indicts truck driver in Tracy Morgan crash
A New Jersey grand jury on Wednesday indicted the truck driver who crashed into a limo van carrying ​Tracy Morgan

Final Decision In Uber Driver Class Action Won’t Come Until Appeals Court Decides On Arbitration
The trial in the case of California Uber drivers against the ride-hailing app is still going forward, scheduled for June 20, 2016. However, a ...

ChipMOS to expand production capacity for LCD driver ICs
Packaging and testing company ChipMOS Technologies is expected to expand production capacity for LCD driver ICs during 2016 as the company is ...

Truck Driver Involved in Tracy Morgan Crash Indicted on 10 Charges
Kevin Roper is charged with aggravated manslaughter and vehicular homicide.

Resources last updated: 12/24/2015 9:57:05 PM