abend during netware 6.5 install

Hi.

I'm trying to install Netware 6.5 SP3 on a new hardware configuration.
The hardware itself is not new, but I haven't installed Netware on it
before.  The initial setup runs, getting past driver selection and the
second round of file copying.  After that the server switches to the
console screen.  It hangs for a while before abending a process (and
not mentioning which one).  A few more processes load then the server
prompt just stares at you.  It never gets to the second (graphical)
part of the install where you would select components to install.

The logger screen shows the following:

Unable to allocate a HTTPSTK URL Service Method Resource Tag
no screens found
The running process will be suspended

Those three lines are actually shoved together on the server.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

--
reverendsteve
0

I would try the SP6 overlay CDs instead.

reverendsteve wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I'm trying to install Netware 6.5 SP3 on a new hardware configuration.
> The hardware itself is not new, but I haven't installed Netware on it
> before.  The initial setup runs, getting past driver selection and the
> second round of file copying.  After that the server switches to the
> console screen.  It hangs for a while before abending a process (and
> not mentioning which one).  A few more processes load then the server
> prompt just stares at you.  It never gets to the second (graphical)
> part of the install where you would select components to install.
>
> The logger screen shows the following:
>
> Unable to allocate a HTTPSTK URL Service Method Resource Tag
> no screens found
> The running process will be suspended
>
> Those three lines are actually shoved together on the server.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Steve

0
AndersG