Using NetWare 6.5 licenses with NetWare 6?

Novell NetWare 6
Support Pack Revision 04
(C) Copyright 1983-2003 Novell Inc. All Rights Reserv
Server Version 5.60.04 December 12, 2003
Novell eDirectory Version 8.6.2 SMP
NDS Version 10350.30  December 15, 2003
Server License: Novell NetWare 6 Server 600 SN:301453
User Licenses: Novell NetWare 6 User 600 (Hard Stop)
--------------
I've added 50 NetWare 6.5 & previous licenses. These new licenses are not
being issued. All license certificates have been assigned to a server. No
errors were noted when installing the license certificates.

I've searched the knowledge base to no avail.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob
0
boba

Sorry, this will not work.  Only a NW6.5 server can issue 6.5 user
licenses.

--
Timothy Leerhoff
Novell Support Forum Sysop

"I want to live like there is no tomorrow
I want to dance like no one's around
I want to sing like nobody's listening
I want to give like I have plenty
I want to love like I'm not afraid
I want to be the man I was meant to be"
- Chris Tomlin's "The Way I Was Made"
0
Timothy
3/15/2006 10:20:07 PM
Sounds like some misguided marketing person did the '6.5 licenses work
on 6.0' untruth here.

--
Barry Schnur
Barry

Novell sells the licenses as NetWare 6.5 and previous versions. (or so
I've been told.)

Thanks guys!

> Sounds like some misguided marketing person did the '6.5 licenses work
> on 6.0' untruth here.
>

> --
> Barry Schnur
> Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop

0
boba
3/16/2006 3:47:50 PM
> Novell sells the licenses as NetWare 6.5 and previous versions. (or so
> I've been told.)

The thing is, I believe the folks at Novell who provide this
'information' along with the licenses, might be 'influenced' to provide
a useable license (in your case a 6.0 license).  The licenses
themselves are not interchangeable.

--
Barry Schnur
Barry

Can Netware 6.0 licenses be used on Netware 6.5 ?
Hello, I have currently installed Netware 6.5SP5 on two servers. One is a HP Proliant server. And the other is a backup server. Anyway some one offered me licenses for Netware 6.0 Am wondering if they will work on NW6.5 ?. Apparently they never needed them but I ain't sure they will work. Any help appreciatted Kevin Duplicate post And the answer is no, 6.0 licenses won't work on 6.5. (nor the other way around). -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Kevin as Barry says 6.0 is only good on a 6.0 server. You can have both in the...

Can Netware 6.0 licenses be used on Netware 6.5 ?
Hello, I have currently installed Netware 6.5SP5 on two servers. One is a HP proliant. And the other is a backup server. Anyway some one offered me licenses for Netware 6.0 Am wondering if they will work on NW6.5 ?. Apparently they never needed them. Any help appreciatted Kevin > I have currently installed Netware 6.5SP5 on two servers. One is a HP > proliant. And the other is a backup server. > > Anyway some one offered me licenses for Netware 6.0 > > Am wondering if they will work on NW6.5 ?. Apparently they never needed > them. > No,...

Netware 6 to Netware 6.5 license upgrade
I have three Netware 6 servers and 300 NW6 user licences. I bought 300 NW6.5 user licences upgrade. After I will upgrade one server to NW6.5 how should I proceed with client upgrade licences to insure that users can communicate with all servers? Thanks, Nathan On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 20:42:51 GMT, "Nathan Kaplan" <nkaplan@chacinc.com> wrote: >I have three Netware 6 servers and 300 NW6 user licences. I bought 300 NW6.5 >user licences upgrade. After I will upgrade one server to NW6.5 how should I >proceed with client upgrade licences to insure that users can...

NetWare 6.5 User Licenses in a NetWare 6 tree
Never heard of that one before, but the consulting firm I work for was told by a Novell sales rep that NetWare 6.5 user licenses will work in a NetWare 6 tree. I installed them in the same container as my other licenses. They, of course, created a new license container to hold them. It has been three weeks and not a single license has been consumed. Looking at the other licenses, 2 more than the installed amount are in use. To me it seems that the clients or NLS cannot retrieve one of those new licenses. Has anyone heard of this before? Or was the boss taken for a ride on this o...

Netware 6.5 Licenses on Netware 5
Hi, We had the need to add 5 user licenses to our Netware 5 server. We knew these were no longer available but were informed that Netware 6.5 licenses are backwardly computable. We purchased an additional 5 Netware 6.5 user licenses and added them to our tree using NWadmin. I read in various forums that 6.5 user licenses aren't assigned to a server I left it at that. An hour later they were still not being used. It then occurred to me that Netware 5 may not be able to deal with unassigned licenses so I have assigned them to the correct server. Again having left it about an h...

Install Netware 6.5 in current Netware 6 for DirXML use?
I would like to install Netware 6.5 in our current NW6.0 environemnt for using the Dirxml starter pack. Any issues such as I have only SP2 on all servers can not go to SP3 at the moment. I know DirxML will require a replica of DirxMl accounts needed so can the two versions of Directory servcies co-exists alright? I would lik eto know if I can simply insert the new NW6.5 into our current tree with out changes to the current NW6 + SP2 environment? Thanks Bradley Bowness, Although SP is recommended, there shouldn't be any compatibility problems. Just be sure to r...

1000 UNIT NetWare 6 Server LICENSE (netware 6.5)
what it means?????????????????????????? i dont need user licence to access /connect server thorugh users/computer (till 1000 no.s) it shows no. of unit 1000 used :1 unit please explain -- Rajnish Pati ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Raj delhi, > i dont need user licence to access /connect server > thorugh users/computer (till 1000 no.s) > > it shows no. of unit 1000 > used :1 unit > > please explain > Please type VERSION at the server console. Does it say "unlimited" or "a...

netware 6.5 to netware 6.5 hardware upgrade
Is there any dsmaint procedure or TID available for "netware 6.5 to netware 6.5 hardware upgrade"? (I want to replace a server) Thanks Kumar On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 02:32:33 GMT, kumars@gotafe.vic.edu.au wrote: >Is there any dsmaint procedure or TID available >for "netware 6.5 to netware 6.5 hardware upgrade"? >(I want to replace a server) The Migration Wizard v. 8 (http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=nMihwfdEES8~) will do this for you. --------------- Donald Albury Novell Product Support Volunteer SysOp Sorry, no replies to e-mail respon...

Netware 6 and netware 6.5 with USB
LS. In netware 6 and netware 6.5 is a USB harddisk supported? Dirk Dirk wrote: >In netware 6 and netware 6.5 is a USB harddisk supported? NetWare 6.0 : no NetWare 6.5 : yes Note that USB hard disk performance is rather disappointing under NetWare. -- Marcel Cox http://support.novell.com/forums ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Marcel Cox's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=8 ...

Forums
OK a little confused here. If NW 6.5 sp5 IS OES on NW. Should posts be here or in the OES NW forum ? Tim, > OK a little confused here. > > If NW 6.5 sp5 IS OES on NW. > > Should posts be here or in the OES NW forum ? Either - a post to one will be X-posted to the other automatically. -- Hamish Speirs Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop. http://haitch.net (Please, no email unless requested. Unsolicited support emails will probably be ignored) In novell.support.open-enterprise-server.netware.install-upgrade Tim Tye <Ttye@removespamlason.c...

NetStorage on Netware 6.5 only salavage netware 6.5 files
Hello, Am I correct in understanding that NetStorage on Netware 6.5 Sp3 (oes) will only let you recover deleted files on Netware 6.5 servers? When I go to a Netware 6.0 server (I have 5 at sp4, and one at sp5), I am unable to get properties of a folder, outside of a little bit on file size. But, when I go to a netware 6.5 server (1 currently) I can get the tabs and everythign related to std file system info. Is the correct behaviour? I hope not, this is a nice tool, and would like to use it in place of local rights to admin data (helpdesk of 6) to use it. Thank You, Ca...

Upgrade from Netware 6.0 to Netware 6.5
I am going to upgrade from 6.0 to 6.5. I have link to go to download a 21KB zip file. Is that all that I need to do the upgrade or is there something else that I have to get? Do I just burn these files to a CD and run it, to perform the upgrade? Any help would be good. Thanks Jason Roggentien Ah -- no -- it is quite a bit more complicated than that. 1) Do you have a license for 6.5? 2) What service pack do you have installed on the 6.0 server? 3) Is the intent to do this as an in place upgrade? -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop > Ah -- ...

Web resources about - Using NetWare 6.5 licenses with NetWare 6? - novell.netware.6x.admin-tools

License - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
) refers to that permission as well as to the document recording that permission. A license may be granted by a party ("licensor") to another ...

Orange County receiving complaints about license plates that spell out the word 'GAY'
Dozens of applications for personalized vanity license plates that are vulgar, racist, hateful or refer to official agencies like the CIA or ...

Americans show waning interest in driver's licenses
Filed under: Green , Driving A rising percentage of Americans are skipping the time-honored tradition of obtaining and holding a driver's license. ...

SAP Rising: Q4 Rev Beats, License Business Holds Up Despite Cloud Growth
... ” line item, basically the cloud computing part of its statement, rose by 81%, year over year, to €630 million. The traditional “software license ...

The man regulating Britain's fintech startups says: 'Innovation is not a license to cut corners'
Fintech, or financial technology, is booming in Britain right now in part thanks to support from the government and regulators. Millions are ...

MPEG LA Facilitating Development of Enhanced Voice Services Patent Pool License
MPEG LA announced today that in response to market demand, a number of companies responsible for developing the Enhanced Voice Services (EVS) ...

Study: Millennials ditching licenses
According to a new study, millennials are ditching driver's licenses at a quickening pace. USA Today reports.

Netflix CEO: 'It may be soon that we have a license in China'
The mega-popular streaming service is currently available virtually everywhere except China but that may not be the case for much longer.

Wisconsin Farmers Challenging Law That Won’t Let Them Sell Baked Goods Without A Commercial License
... delicious. But it won’t be easy, considering state law doesn’t allow residents to sell baked goods directly to the public without a licensed ...

Your license plate: Window to your life
Automated License Plate Readers are marketed to law enforcement agencies as an investigative tool. But most of the systems collect and store ...