Time sync problem

Hello,

We have a two node cluster that was set up for us by an outside consultant
and has been running NW6sp4 for over a year now without this problem. A
couple of days ago, first one server and then the other, then both at once
has a red flag for time sync.

The servers are set up in a single/secondary time sync configuration and
both are configured with the IP address of the same two NIST time servers,
in the same order. I watched the time sync screens together and the server
set as the secondary only uses one of the two time servers while the server
set as the single uses both. One NIST time server pings in an average of 0ms
the other pings in an average of 46ms.

Could this be the cause of the problem maintaining sync?

Is restarting the timesync.nlm a reasonable next step?

Can I safely unload and reload timesync.nlm or use the TIMESYNC RESET and
TIMESYNC RESTART to restart the timesync.nlm without shuttting down the
servers?

Thanks for any information you might provide.

Mike K.

0
Mike

Your time synchronization configuration is wrong. Only the "single"
server should point to the outside time source. Your secondary server
should point to the "single" server as a time source.

--
Marcel Cox (using XanaNews 1.17.6.5)
0

Problem with Time Sync on Netware 6.5
Hi, I have a strange problem. Situation : 2 Novell servers 1 Server is Reference with external time server source. Server 2 is secondary with time source server 1. Problem server 2 won't go in sync because it has the following error : Time Source Not in Sync, discarding the packet. If I go to the time debug screen of server 1 it say's Server in sync. What could be the problem ? John John Slegers: > 1 Server is Reference with external time server source. > Server 2 is secondary with time source server 1. > make the first server Single instead ...

Problem with Time Sync on Netware 6.5 #2
Hi, I have a strange problem. Situation : 2 Novell servers 1 Server is Reference with external time server source. Server 2 is secondary with time source server 1. Problem server 2 won't go in sync because it has the following error : Time Source Not in Sync, discarding the packet. If I go to the time debug screen of server 1 it say's Server in sync. What could be the problem ? John : duplicate Joe Moore Novell Support Forums SysOp http://just.fdisk-it.com http://www.caledonia.net/jmdns.html http://www.caledonia.net/nesadmin.html http://www.caledon...

time sync problem
One of my Netware 5.1 server giving me "Time is NOT syncronized on the network" when I typed "time" at the console prompt. When I set it to Debug, it shows that " theServer will not be used as it is a configured source". I don't what that means. Please help. My environment: we have five Netware 5.1 w/sp5 servers. One Single and four Secondary. Three secondary servers are OK, except one that giving me this error. All servers have the latest and same timesync.nlm. Please help!... Thanks, Calvin Please post the sys:system\timesync...

Time Sync Problems
Servers involved are: Sles10sp1 oes2 eDir 8.8 Netware 6.5.6 eDir 8.7.3.9 I am getting the following error when I run a time sync: [1] Instance at /etc/opt/novell/eDirectory/conf/nds.conf: wauoesfs1.OU=SERVERS.OU=WAU.OU=IL.O=BCBS.NSM_TREE Unable to connect to NDS Server. Connection refused. I also get a -625 error when running a time sync on a Netware 6.5 box that is in this tree. Any suggestions on how to fix this and what might be causing the problem? Thanks Scott -- SJFast911 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ SJ...

time sync problem
hello all; since installing NW5.1 sp5, my servers have been able to synchronize with the time server in the network. Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks > since installing NW5.1 sp5, my servers have been able to synchronize with > the time server in the network. > Does it work if you unload/reload timesync.nlm? -- Andy Thompson Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp (No email support, thanks.) > > since installing NW5.1 sp5, my servers have been able to synchronize with > > the time server in the network. > >...

Time Sync Problem
Dear All, I meet time sync problem. Now I say my situation. 4 Novell 4.11 servers and one TREE. Recently, the server time is late 3mins compare with actual time. So I try to adjust it and follow the below method: Load monitor-->Server parameter-->Time--->At time schedule, add the parameter (+00:03:00). After the server run one day, I discover 4 server time is not match. but i try to run dsrepair to test it without any error . I want to ask how to solve it, help me??? Thanks TT Please copy&paste sys:system\timesync.cfg from each server. Also, copy&...

DSrepair time sync replica depth and time is in sync
A new server installed and configured (nw5.0 sp6a) is showing up with a Replica depth of -1 (others show 0) and the Time is in Sync = no (others are yes) with a plus of 1min. Can these be resolved? This a brand new test server. Cheers. The "Replica Depth" is not a problem. Your new server does not have a copy of the NDS Database. This is not a problem and quite normal. Only the 1st 3 servers get a copy of you DS unless you configure it otherwise. Check you TimeSync Setup. Here is a guide from NW5.1 (5.0 should work the same.) http://www.novell.com/documentati...

Problems with Site Admin Tool
Hello!When trying to access the SECURITY tab on the Site Admin tool, I get this error:There is a problem with your selected data store. This can be caused by an invalid server name or credentials, or by insufficient permission. It can also be caused by the role manager feature not being enabled. Click the button below to be redirected to a page where you can choose a new data store. The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: An error occurred during the execution of the SQL file 'InstallCommon.sql'. The SQL error number is 1802 and the SqlException message is: CREATE DATABASE ...

Problems with Time sync after migration
I am in the middle of a migration (NW5 SP6 to NW6.5 SP3 with new hardware). The migration seemed to be going fine, however now that I'm in the final stages, there are problems: The migration wizard advised me to verify that time and NDS are in sync. When verifying time sync on the server, the following happens: The Destination server reports time is in sync, but it can only identify connections with 3 other servers in the tree (out of 8)when running DSRepair, time sync status. When I go to any of the other servers in the tree (including the three that can be seen by ...

Time Sync Problem #3
Mixed environment: 1 x Reference Server = NetWare 4.10 (DS ver 5.18) 1 x Primary Server = NetWare 5.1-SP6 (DS ver 8.85) 9 x Secondary Servers - 2 x NetWare 4.10 (DS ver 5.18) - 1 x NetWare 4.11-SP9 (DS ver 6.11) - 1 x NetWare 4.2-SP9 (DS ver 6.11) - 1 x NetWare 5.1-SP3 (DS ver 8.77) - 1 x NetWare 5.1-SP5 (DS ver 8.82) - 2 x NetWare 5.1-SP6 (DS ver 8.85) and the odd-ball - 1 x Axis StorePoint CD Network CD Server (pretends to be NetWare 4.X - DS ver 5.73) All NW5-SP6 boxes were recently upgraded to SP6 - some from SP3 and some from SP5. What we're see...

Time sync problem #2
Hello, Thanks in advance for any time spent or help offered. I administer a Netware 6.0 SP5 two node native SCSI based cluster that sits on a large university LAN that we share with other many servers and workstations. We also have one replica server in an office still on the LAN but two hops away from the server cluster. The server that is typically secondary is set up as a single source that gets its time from an NIST timeserver. It is always in sync. The replica server is always in sync. But for the last few days the primary server in the cluster has been loosing and re...

Migration Tool for NetWare problem...
First of all, is this where I should post this? As for the issue, we're looking to migrate file structure only to Win2k server. Current server is NW4.11(7a). Migration server is NT4(6a). Destination server is Win2K(sp4). Upon executing the tool, I can browse for the particular servers, but upon saying OK to the pair, it errors, telling me that it 'Cannot connect to server: Test2K'. GSNW and NWLink are on the 'migration' server and user is supervisor/administrator equivalent. If I use a browser, I can go into every server and do whatever I like. I tried ...

NTP and Time Sync Problems
Hi, Just wondering if anyone can help me. I am trying to get a Netware 5.0 server to sync with an outside time source. I have permission from tick.utoronto.ca to sync with them, as well as tick.usno.navy.mil and tock.usno.navy.mil. When i launch timesync.nlm after a period of time the timesync debug screen shows that the server can't communicate with those time servers. Running ping from the console clearly shows that there is no problem pining the servers. After running timesync.nlm the console reports syncronization not active. Anybody have any suggestions? Here is ...

Web resources about - Time sync problem - novell.netware.6x.admin-tools

Malcolm Turnbull's first 100 days as Prime Minister: Successes and problems
December 23 marks 100 full days as Prime Minister for Malcolm Turnbull. How has he fared? Lisa Cox looks at his successes and the headaches. ...

'Deported' from Pakistan: Dean Jones says visa problem was 'my fault'
When the former Test batsman turned up at Islamabad airport at the weekend he didn't count on his arrival becoming an international incident. ...

China's Shenzhen ignored warnings of waste problem a year before landslide disaster
A government official warned a year ago that China's boomtown Shenzhen would run out of space to dump building waste. On Sunday his worst fears ...

Malcolm Turnbull's first 100 days as Prime Minister: Successes and problems
December 23 marks 100 full days as Prime Minister for Malcolm Turnbull. How has he fared? Lisa Cox looks at his successes and the headaches. ...

Malcolm Turnbull's first 100 days as Prime Minister: Successes and problems
December 23 marks 100 full days as Prime Minister for Malcolm Turnbull. How has he fared? Lisa Cox looks at his successes and the headaches. ...

"When there’s a problem, people need someone or something to blame. Among L.A. residents peeved with ...
... they’d take their garden-wrecking, loudly squawking, prolifically pooping selves and fly the coop...." Did you know L.A. has a peacock problem ...

Merkel-Enhanced Migration Problem: Million Refugees Hit Europe, 80% Through Greece by Boat; Turkish Mafia ...
... made their way to Europe this year. Every country is complaining now, even Germany. So why isn't anything concrete being done? Why the Problem ...

Maps Minutes Hack #7: No signal, no problem. Navigate your holiday travels with Google Maps offline
Part of our series on how to save time this holiday season with Google Maps. This time of year, millions take a road trip home for the holidays ...

Lawler: "Yes, Houston will have a problem next year"
Some thoughts on the Houston housing market from housing economist Tom Lawler: Earlier this week I sent out a message with a link to the Houston ...