ssl ftp problem

I have setup the FTP server on Netware 6 SP4.  Initially everything worked
fine with clear-text authentication and transfers.  I then configured the
FTP server to allow only secure connections.  I can authenticate to the
server via SSL, browse directories, delete files, and download files from
the server without problems.  However I am not able to successfully upload
files using encryption.  The data is sent successfully, but then there is no
"transfer complete" acknowlegment.  The client times out waiting for this
message.  I have attached the FTP log below.

I have tried several different clients with the same results, the log below
is from SmartFTP.

Thanks,
David

227 Entering Passive Mode (xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,175,253)
    STOR test2.txt
    Opening data connection IP: xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,175,253 PORT: 45053.
150 Opening data connection
    Connected. Exchanging encryption keys...
    Session Cipher: 128 bit RC4
    SSL encrypted session established.
    20 bytes sent successfully. (20 B/s) (00:00:01).
    QUIT
    Connection closed. Server timeout.

0
DavidM

DavidM,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting.  That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

- Check all of the other support tools and options available at http://support.novell.com in both the "free product support" and "paid product support" drop down boxes.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the correct newsgroup. (http://support.novell.com/forums)

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic

Problem with SSL FTP
Hi The following tests were run on Delphi XE2 Update 3. I would like some advice about using Indy10 with SSL. I have not had a problem with Indy SSL until I recently tried to access a Zyxel NSA320 using FTP with SSL. The Zyxel reports that it supports AUTH TLS I have made a form with: *TIdFTP* the properties are set to the FTP host, username and password with DataPortPotection = ftpdpsPrivate and UseTLS = utUseExplicitTLS the Intercept and IOHandler are set to the controls below: *TIdSSLIOHandlerSocketOpenSSL* Method = sslvSSLv23 (I tried others); *TIdLogEvent* OnReceived (<--...

ftp+ssl problem
Hi. When i try to connect to Netware ftp server with sslftp, i have an error "Open failed (SSL_Error_Want_Read) SSL Handshake did not complete". Netware 6 sp2, NWFTPD9. Please help me. Anybody have the experience with connection to ftp (Netware 6) with ssl? Alex, Are you trying to connect using an explicit or implicit ssl ftp connection? I am able to connect to my server using an explicit connection. However I have had problems uplaoding files using encription. David Im trying to connect using an explicit ssl ftp connection but nothi...

Migration Tool for NetWare problem...
First of all, is this where I should post this? As for the issue, we're looking to migrate file structure only to Win2k server. Current server is NW4.11(7a). Migration server is NT4(6a). Destination server is Win2K(sp4). Upon executing the tool, I can browse for the particular servers, but upon saying OK to the pair, it errors, telling me that it 'Cannot connect to server: Test2K'. GSNW and NWLink are on the 'migration' server and user is supervisor/administrator equivalent. If I use a browser, I can go into every server and do whatever I like. I tried to connect to other NT servers as well, including the local 'migration' server itself, and got the same error for all of them. What am I missing? I appreciate any assistance on this matter. Thank you. Jer Jeremy Lukens, > First of all, is this where I should post this? > The Microsoft support forums perhaps? We only do migrations *from* NT here. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com) Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Using VA 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) on Windows 2000 build 2195 ...

Website Admin Tool Problem!!!
For some reason when i host my site through my file system i am unable to configure it through the Admin Tool.  I get an error message (an error has accured, please restart the tool and try again).  I can edit my site when i host it through http/localhost just fine.  If anyone else is having this same problem and figured out away around this, please let me know or, if anyone from the ASP.NET team happens to spot this little post, share some love.  Many thanks!!!...

SSL problem diagnosis tool
I just came across this: http://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-checker.html Rather nice, particularly for people with intermediate cert chain errors. It would be even better if there was an independent version of such a tool, which could link you through to the "fix it" pages for certificate providers who have one. Gerv Gervase Markham wrote: > I just came across this: > http://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-checker.html > > Rather nice, particularly for people with intermediate cert chain > errors. It would be even better if there was an independent version of > ...

Netware 6x Benchmarking Tools
Hello, I am currently evaluating a couple of servers, running Netware 6.5. Does anyone know of a good bencmarking tool I could use to test these servers (preferably free!) Many thanks Andy Stokoe Manchester Metropolitan University UK Netbench? http://www.etestinglabs.com/benchmarks/netbench/default.asp -- Marcel Cox http://support.novell.com/forums/ ...

ssl ftp problem
I never saw this post show up in my newsreader, so I'm posting again... I have setup the FTP server on Netware 6 SP4. Initially everything worked fine with clear-text authentication and transfers. I then configured the FTP server to allow only secure connections. I can authenticate to the server via SSL, browse directories, delete files, and download files from the server without problems. However I am not able to successfully upload files using encryption. The data is sent successfully, but then there is no "transfer complete" acknowlegment. The client times out w...

Problems with Site Admin Tool
Hello!When trying to access the SECURITY tab on the Site Admin tool, I get this error:There is a problem with your selected data store. This can be caused by an invalid server name or credentials, or by insufficient permission. It can also be caused by the role manager feature not being enabled. Click the button below to be redirected to a page where you can choose a new data store. The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: An error occurred during the execution of the SQL file 'InstallCommon.sql'. The SQL error number is 1802 and the SqlException message is: CREATE DATABASE ...

Problems with Apache SSL and admin server
Hope this is the right place to ask this. I am having a problem with Apache on NW6 SP3. When I enter nvxadmup at the server console the following modules all load with the OK status: mod_nds, mod_tls, mod_jk, mod_lcgi. However the server does not start and the logger screen returns the following message: Module MOD_JK.NLM load status OK [date and time] [crit] (10091)Unknown error: make_secure_socket: for address<ipaddress> port 2200, WSAIoctl: (SO_SSL_SET_SERVER) There is only one instance of apache running (trying to run??) on the server. The apache version is 1.3.27 I h...

NetWare FTP Server and SSL Cert
I'm running NWFTPD.NLM v5.05.04 (NW 6.5 SP4A). We are running in SECURE CONNECTIONS ONLY mode so we are enforcing Secure FTP. How can I specify that NWFTPD.NLM use a Verisign SSL certificate? I know of no such load option to specifiy an SSL cert when loading NWFTPD.NLM. So, how can I get NWFTPD to use a Verisign cert? Do I have to replace the default NetWare, self-signed cert called SSL CertificateDNS with the one from Verisgn? I think that might do what I want but I'm looking for some confirmation or alternatives. Thanks, Tony Jaworski Brown University ...

Netware Admin Tools Not Accessible/Installed
I installed OES Linux with Netware and then used the migration tool to migrate a Netware 4.11 server to the new server. Everything has migrated fine (all the users are there, the NDS tree is intact) but the administration tools on the OES server are not functioning. For example, 1) "http://localhost" does not pull up a page, 2) ConsoleOne runs but the option under tools to pull up the "remote console" for this Netware server is not evern there. The bottom line is at this point after reading through the documentation I can find no way to gain access to the Netware ...

Netware Admin GroupWise view problem
Ok, I'm going to start by saying I have no idea how to even ask my question, so I'm apologizing from the start but here it goes. When I am in NetAdmin in the GroupWise view window, I used to be able to begin to type a user's name and it would highlight each name as I typed more letters. For instance, if I typed my ID, I'd type "e" and it would move and highlight the name at the start of the E's. Then I'd type "et" and it would highlight the start of the users who begin with "et". I'd type "etr" and it would h...

Web Site Admin tool problem
Hi! The ASP.NET Web Site Admin Tool has stopped working. When I start the tool, the first page works as expected, but when I click any other page, the following error message is shown: "Tool has timed out" What could be the problem?Tommy Take a look at this thread, they are talking about the same problem/Fredrik Normén - fredrikn @ twitterMicrosoft MVP, MCSD, MCAD, MCTASPInsidersMy Blog...

PROBLEMS, PROBLEMS, PROBLEMS.
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: PROBLEMS, PROBLEMS, PROBLEMS. Comments: Does Google's Chrome browser block out Firefox? Am having a lot of trouble getting Firefox to run after I run Chrome. No trouble what-so- ever before running Chrome. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.5 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/4.1.249.1064 Safari/532.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see ...

Problems problems and problems.
Name: A.A. Product: Firefox Summary: Problems problems and problems. Comments: I am not specific, but in short I can not use This site to listen music anymore, while I can in IE explorer. Just to let you guys know, new version messed something up. http://hypem.com/ Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120122 Firefox/3.0.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

ASP.NET Admin Tool
Hi. Im trying to create a new Admin in the asp.net web site administration tool while following the guide on the personal website starter kit. But for some reason when i try to create a new user whatever password i chose whether it be caps or not i get, please enter a different password! I cant work out what is wrong with it. I know my passwords match so im not being an idiot. I also dont have the autogenerate password tickbox at the bottom like shown in screenshots. Please someone give me a solution i hope im not being stupid here!Benji Microsoft should be slapped over the wrist for provi...

Problems Problems Problems
So, I have OpenSUSE installed on my laptop and everything is working well, except the wireless. It almost seems that every time I run a KDE distro I can not get the internet to work. I've run YaST and used iwconfig. nothing is working for me. Please help -ZAD -- zadnik18 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ someone is going to tell you to supply some more information 'My wireless doesn't work - a primer on what I should do next - openSUSE Forums' (http://tinyurl.com/6peanc) this is one of the stickies: it suggests some info eg > /sbin/lspci The other alternative is to go here 'Benutzeranleitung/Usersguide von/of collectNWData | collectNWData.sh' (http://tinyurl.com/yd47ky2) download this diagnostic script, designed for Suse; and run it; you can paste the results back here; but a few minutes spent reading the results might allow you to fix things yourself (I recommend Peter's script above: provides extensive data) good luck -- pdc_2 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pdc_2's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=3503 View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=432073 The firmware is ok. it is not a hardware issue. I am able to see my wlan, along with others from neighbors. when I run iwlist scan my network comes up, but when I iwconfig under wl...

Problems, problems, problems
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Problems, problems, problems Comments: I use FF all the time for work - I'm a software tester - the add-ons are invaluable. But v3.5 really has been a disappointment. It just keeps hanging all the time. And when Internet Explorer windows pop up, FF often just dies. It can't even restart itself - I have to manually kill the process every time; every update, every add-on that updates, "restart" fails - it's so frustrating. I hope v3.6 will be addressing this - PLEASE! Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7....

Installation Problems with Microsoft Survey and Admin Tool
I am running Windows Vista 32 Bit and have successfully installe Visual Web Developer 2005, SQL 2005, Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Basic 2005 - all express editions. I have also managed to install Microsoft Survey Sample and now want to install the Admin Survey Sample. When i attempt to do this i get the error message listed below. I have patched my maching with all of the latest updates for Vista and the express editions. IIS is active and running on my system. The specified path http://ServerName/Path is unavailable. The Internet Information Server might not be running or the path exists...

Web Site Admin Tool for VS2005 problem
All,When I create a new project and try to use the WSAT security tab, I get the following :There is a problem with your selected data store. This can be caused by an invalid server name or credentials, or by insufficient permission. It can also be caused by the role manager feature not being enabled. Click the button below to be redirected to a page where you can choose a new data store. The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: Unable to connect to SQL Server database. I am using VS2005 beta2 with a local copy of SQL Server Express.I am new to all of this so a little help wo...

Tools, Tools, Tools
</quot> Couple useful things for IT admins out there. I've packaged up Werner and Feder's PoC scanner via py2exe here. You can now simply run: </end_quot> http://www.doxpara.com/ -- "Never drive faster than your ANGEL can fly" ...

asp.net web admin tool problem
hi,When i tried to use asp.net web admin tool in vs 2008 (vista os)given me this error There is a problem with your selected data store. This can be caused by an invalid server name or credentials, or by insufficient permission. It can also be caused by the role manager feature not being enabled. Click the button below to be redirected to a page where you can choose a new data store. The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: Unable to connect to SQL Server database.   my connection string was  <connectionStrings>  <add name="bil...

Netware 6 ( Ftp service using ssl)
I need to secure my ftp service with ssl. When I installed Netware 6 the first time I installed the Server certificate service. But when i try to acces my ftp server with any ftps client. it says ssl auth unavaiable. Im quite confused so if any of you guys out there could give me a hint on how to secure my ftp with ssl . I would greatly appreciate. > Subject: Netware 6 ( Ftp service using ssl) > Please post this to one of the NetWare 6.x newsgroups. -- Marcel Cox [SysOp] http://support.novell.com/forums ...

Problems, problems, problems
Name: Hans Halvorsen Email: capricorn_at_online.no Product: Thunderbird Summary: Problems, problems, problems Comments: Hi, I downloaded Thunderbird some time ago, and I was over-satisfied whit it and how well it worked. In fact it worked 100% PERFECTLY UNTIL I got an newer update version of it. Since then I' ve had nothing BUT trouble! I've checked adresses, notes, password, deleted accounts and made new one's, checked sign-ins and sign-outs, passwords inside and out, upside and down, so many times that my frustration now is about to turn into pure and major irritation. I've tried to re-set the whole system to an earlier date, and download all programs yet again, but I've still have the same problem. The email-windows opens, but the program doesn't collect emails from my various accounts. It only pops up an "time out"- and "check the.... again"-noteice. And belive me, I have done just that!!! If one could one get back to the earlier version - AND LEAVE IT WITH THAT !!! MAJOR FRUSTRATED !! I'm seriously considering to download Outlook Express instead. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; nb-NO; rv:1.7.10) Gecko/20050717 Firefox/1.0.6 ...

Web resources about - ssl ftp problem - novell.netware.6x.admin-tools

Maria Sharapova's meldonium problem: it's about the brains, not the looks
What Maria Sharapova seems most guilty of is breathtaking stupidity.

Maria Sharapova's meldonium problem: it's about the brains, not the looks
What Maria Sharapova seems most guilty of is breathtaking stupidity.

Obama Wants SXSW to Help Solve America's Problems, Including Apple Standoff
President Obama asked a tech-savvy audience attending the first day of the South by Southwest Interactive Festival in Austin to help tackle the ...

Florida’s problem with sea level rise catches up with Rubio at debate
... debate near Miami, Florida. (credit: Joe Raedle / Getty Images) Earlier this year, a group of Florida mayors that are dealing with problems ...

How to fix Microsoft Edge's worst problems
... soon (and to the rest of us when the Redstone update for Windows 10 rolls out in June/July). If you’re using the new browser and having problems, ...

NASTY: Bill Clinton's Disgusting Flatulence Problems Date Back to White House Years
It's not just Granny Catlady who stinks. It's also her husband : Clinton became so flatulent at one point during his presidency that his close ...

Weekend Reading: Andrew Gelman: The problems with p-values are not just with p-values
**Andrew Gelman**: [The problems with p-values are not just with p-values](http://andrewgelman.com/2016/03/07/29212/): >The American Statistical ...

Where underwater homes are still a big problem
Where underwater homes are still a big problem

How to spot problem charities
Problems at the Wounded Warrior Project charity highlight the need to vet your charity. Here's how to find the best ones.