server volumes....

We have Netware 6.5 SP8. Below are two examples of different ways to
setup a pool/volume. Are there any problems with setting the volume
space allocation quota as is shown in volume 3 of example #2?

Example 1 (all the space in allocated in the volumes):
Pool: 300G
Volume 1: 50G allocated
Volume 2: 100G allocated
Volume 3: 150G allocated

*******
Example 2 (only volumes 1 & 2 have a designated space quota)
Pool: 300G
Volume 1: 50G
Volume 2: 100G
Volume 3: no quota (meaning the volume will use all the available
space, which in this example, is up to 150G)

Thanks...

--
ncharleyhog

ncharleyhog

Hi.

On 01.02.2012 14:46, ncharleyhog wrote:

> We have Netware 6.5 SP8. Below are two examples of different ways to
> setup a pool/volume. Are there any problems with setting the volume
> space allocation quota as is shown in volume 3 of example #2?
>
> Example 1 (all the space in allocated in the volumes):
> Pool: 300G
> Volume 1: 50G allocated
> Volume 2: 100G allocated
> Volume 3: 150G allocated
>
> *******
> Example 2 (only volumes 1&  2 have a designated space quota)
> Pool: 300G
> Volume 1: 50G
> Volume 2: 100G
> Volume 3: no quota (meaning the volume will use all the available
> space, which in this example, is up to 150G)

That's incorrect. Volume 3 will use up to 300GB in your last example,
depending on how much actual data is stored in the other volumes. E.g it
will fill up the pool. The quota of the other volumes doesn't mean that
space will always be available. It only means they won't grow bigger
than that.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
0
Massimo
2/1/2012 5:20:52 PM
ncharleyhog,
As Mrosen (Massimo) explained that is true. I don't know how
you are planning on using the Volumes - and if space is not an issue for
the 3 Volumes in question you could create 3 separate pools each with
their own Volume (of course it add the additional measure of
maintenance), which offers� more protection (integrity) of the Volumes
and Pools than with a single Pool with 3 Volumes. If you are still
considering the 1 Pool, 3 Volume scenario � you may want to read the
section about �Understanding NSS� - 'Novell Documentation'
(http://www.novell.com/documentation/oes/nss_enu/?page=/documentation//oes/nss_enu/data/adcg4su.html)

Leroy Joseph
Visual Click Software
(eDirectory Management and Reporting)
'eDirectory Management | DSRAZOR for eDirectory'
(http://www.visualclick.com/content/dsrazor-for-edirectory.htm)

--
leroyjjr
leroyjjr's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=75462

0
leroyjjr

Netware Server A access to Netware servers B volumes
Hello, it's possible to access from server A console to servers B volumes and files. I 'need this for a canon nlm program that stores printfiles only on Printserver but we need this files on server B. For example: Its possible to edit on servers A console edit serverB/sys:system/canon.txt I know this windows like, but we need this. Any idea ??? You can see files on another server with ConsoleOne by navigating to its volume objects, but I'm not aware of way of editing them. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://suppo...

Server Admin tool
Hi my server people have informed me that there is a tool that I can access the server with.  Can anybody point me in the right direction?   Many Thanks howlinhuskie Do you mean for administering SQL Server 2005?If yes, then they probably meant SQL Server Express Management Studio. It's a free tool and it can be downloaded here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/sql/download/ HTHMy blogs: www.snowball.bewww.codeflakes.net Thanks for looking in on me.  I have this installed,  I am really just getting started with ASP.NET.  Can this tool access the ...

Can I use netware 6 traditional volumes on a Netware 5.1 server?
Thank you in advance Ismael Valero Hi, Ian Tasney wrote: > > Thank you in advance No, you can't. CU, -- Massimo Rosen Novell Support Connection Sysop No emails please! http://www.cfc-it.de ...

Replacing a Netware 4 server with a NetWare 6 server...
I have been hired to set up a netware 6 server and transfer some data from an old nw4-server. It�s a quite simple environment, just file-sharing, printing and some simple policies... I have some questions and thoughts about it... I have most been working with Netware 4 and a bit with netware 5. What is the biggest differences with Netware 6? What sizes of volumes and partitions would you recommend on a netware 6 server? The old netware 4 server is running Zenworks starter pack with some policies and a few applications (for simple installation). How would they be affected ...

NSS volume from Netware server
is it possible to use a NSS volume from a Netware Server ?? If so how ? I have about 950Gb user data On 26.01.2012 10:30, Brian wrote: > is it possible to use a NSS volume from a Netware Server ?? What do you mean with "use"? If your question is, if you can attach a physical drive from Netware to OES and use it then, the answwer is yes. CU, -- Massimo Rosen Novell Knowledge Partner No emails please! http://www.cfc-it.de yes... We tried and one of my colleagues asked a few month ago and was told no ! can you give me an idea how to attach it or...

SQL Server Admin tool
Hello, I am looking for an ASP.NET tool that allows me to access a SQL Server remotly. We have created a database and would like to begin populating the tables before development of our site. The main funtionality I am looking for is to be able to view all tables within a database in the SQL Server. Also, I would like to be able to insert data into these tables. Is anyone aware of a tool like this? Thanks a lot!! The SQL Server Web dataAdministrator.Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:Programming Microsoft Web Forms My Blog Thank you very much for your response. I have looke...

Migrating iPrint from one Netware server to another Netware server
I have two Netware servers running Netware 6.0 SP5. I am rebuilding one of the servers. I am keeping one Netware server and am upgrading it Netware 6.5 SP3. I have iPrint running on the server that I am rebuilding. I would like to migrate it to the Netware 6.5 server that I am going to have. Is there a way that I can do that? Thanks Jason Roggentien There is a way to migrate, but it depends on what you mean by keeping and rebuilding, etc. The server hosting iPrint is running the NDPS Manager. The NDPS Manager has its own database where all the printer definitions, et...

Tools to baseline Netware servers
Greets I'm looking for any toolsets that allow one to create baselines of their Netware servers. Something that will allow you to create reports or some such form of recorded statistics - preferably those already in monitor.nlm. Ideally, it should also be able to be utilised as a capture utility to look at the performance counters of the performance of a netware box over the last x hours/days/etc taiss@crownltd.com.au, > Greets > > I'm looking for any toolsets that allow one to create baselines of > their Netware servers. Something th...

Netware 6.5 Server with a Netware 5.0 Server?
We want to install a new Netware 6.5 server in an environment that has two 6.0 servers and 2 Netware 5.0 servers on the same tree. We are running 8.6.2 e directory on the 6.0 boxes and 8.0.6 NDS on the 5.0 boxes. Are there any problems with this setup,or should we be installing 6.0 instead? Thanks in advance. Dennis Dennis, > We are running > 8.6.2 e directory on the 6.0 boxes and 8.0.6 NDS on the 5.0 boxes. Are > there any problems with this setup,or should we be installing 6.0 instead? > According to: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/...

migrate DNS from a netware 5 server to a netware 6 server
Are there any instructions for moving the dns from a netware 5 server to a netware 6 server and maintaining the databases? I don't want to have to reenter all of my special DNS info again. Also, when I change the DNS server, I would like to maintain the same IP address for the DNS service. I know I could do an add secondary ipaddress, but is there anything I need to do in the DNS setup to have it respond to that secondary ipaddress rather than the ip address that is on my netware 6 server already? If the 2 servers are in the same NDS tree, simply create the ...

Netware 6x Benchmarking Tools
Hello, I am currently evaluating a couple of servers, running Netware 6.5. Does anyone know of a good bencmarking tool I could use to test these servers (preferably free!) Many thanks Andy Stokoe Manchester Metropolitan University UK Netbench? http://www.etestinglabs.com/benchmarks/netbench/default.asp -- Marcel Cox http://support.novell.com/forums/ ...

Tool to check for updates for Netware Servers
During the Y2K whoopla there was a tool that I could use to run against my Netware servers and ensure that they had the correct version of patches and nlm's. Is this tool still in existance, or if not, is there a replacement? Thanks, Cheryl "Correct" is a relative term. There are patches I recommend, and ones I would never put on a server. There is a config reader that will read the text output of the config.nlm that will check for patches. http://support.novell.com/produpdate/patchlist.html Under tools at the bottom you will find the config.nl...

Apache Single-Server Admin Tool
I am having an issue and just want to see if anyone else has seen this. When I click the link to take me to the Apache single-server administration tool, sometimes the page appears and it works perfectly. Other times, the page never appears and the browser waits indefinitely (the progress indicator never stops). Any thoughts? Yancey > When I click the link to take me to the Apache single-server > administration tool, sometimes the page appears and it works > perfectly. Other times, the page never appears and the browser waits > indefinitely (the progress indicat...

Server consolidation tool and MAC volumes
I have a MAC volume on one server that I'd like to move to another server. Are there any issues using the Server Consolidation tool? Thanks, Mike On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 21:55:08 GMT, "Michael Busse" <mbusse@pattersondental.com> wrote: >I have a MAC volume on one server that I'd like to move to another server. >Are there any issues using the Server Consolidation tool? I assume you mean a NetWare volume with MAC namespace loaded. AFAIK, as long as you have MAC namespace loaded on the target volume, there should be no issues. --------------- ...

Browsing to a volume not on Login server
I can connect to Netware now, however I am only able to get the 2 volumes on the login server, how can I get to the volumes on other servers... Thanks! That is a great question! I am trying to find a way as well. If a user has a home directory on server A, they can get to any of the files on server A. However, if there are items on server B, I have to re-login via the "Connect to serve" method. Right now, do a connect to server, then enter in the dns name, IP or server name. That will bring up a login window. If anyone knows a way to get to the other server wit...

Web resources about - server volumes.... - novell.netware.6x.admin-tools

Volume - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A measuring cup can be used to measure volumes of liquids . This cup measures volume in units of cups , fluid ounces , and millilitres . Volume ...

Apple now inhaling 94 percent of global smartphone profits, selling just 14.5 percent of total volumes ...
Apple's share of total smartphone industry profits grew to 94 percent during the September quarter, up from 85 percent one year ago.

Automatically set your PC’s volume levels with SoundVolumeView
Changing your baseline volume level in Windows is easy click the speaker icon, spin the mouse wheel but if you want to adjust the volume of some ...

Amgen, Inc and Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc Face Declining PCSK-9 Prescription Volumes
Bidness Etc evaluates declining prescription volumes for Amgen Inc. and Regeneron Pharmaceuticals.

Truck Rates Plunge; What About Actual Shipping Volumes? Strong Case for Pending Recession
... In the December 2 report a nearly 3 cent drop in fuel was nearly offset by a 3 cent rise in wages. That tells us nothing about shipping volumes, ...

Quentin Tarantino already has an idea for a 'Kill Bill: Volume 3'
A third "Kill Bill" film has been teased for years, but Quentin Tarantino confirmed the possibility of "Kill Bill: Volume 3" during an interview ...

Global LED shipment volume, value to grow in 2016, says Nichia executive
Global LED shipments in 2016 will increase 20-30% on year in volume and about 5% in value, Nichia's chief legal and IP officer Katsuyuki Akutagawa ...

Droid Life Q&A Sessions: Volume 34 Answers
We have gone over your questions, tasking our team with answering them, and are now ready to provide Volume 34 answers for the DL Q&A Sessions ...

OCC reduces volume on wells near Medford
Enid News & Eagle OCC reduces volume on wells near Medford Enid News & Eagle Affected wells include three operated by Sandridge Exploration ...

Cyber-Scammers Step Up Volume of Robocall Schemes During Holidays
NEWS ANALYSIS: The advent of the holiday season seems to increase the number of phone scammers trying to install malware on your computer.