RSYNC errors

Hi,

One of our client has many Novell Branch Office (NBO) servers and we
backup them rsync. One day we get almost 95% success rate and one day we
get 50% success rate.

Some of these servers are Novell Netware, V6.5 Support Pack 5 - CPR
Release Server Version 5.70.05 and some of them are Novell Open
Enterprise Server, NetWare 6.5 Server Version 5.70.07

When I checked the log the following errors on different servers and
I'm not sure what is causing this bulky failures:

io timeout after 3600 seconds - exiting
rsync error: timeout in data send/receive (code 30) at io.c(124)
===

read_timeout: Error peer socket closed fd = 31
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at io.c(356)
===

SendBuffer: Error fd = 54 peer socket closed
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at io.c(1765)
===

SendBuffer: Error fd = 104 peer socket closed
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at io.c(1765)

Thank you

Regards,
NAT

--
nat123

nat123

On Wed, 21 Mar 2012 06:26:01 +0000, nat123 wrote:

> Some of these servers are Novell Netware, V6.5 Support Pack 5 - CPR
> Release

Frankly, I stop reading right there. You're running NW65Sp5. You should
be running SP8. I'd do that before even attempting any troubleshooting.

 David Gersic                                           dgersic_@_niu.edu
 Knowledge Partner                               http://forums.novell.com

 Please post questions in the forums.      No support provided via email.

0
David
3/21/2012 4:00:02 PM
Thank you for your feedback.

Regards,
NAT

--
nat123
nat123's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=104886

0
nat123

Netware 6x Benchmarking Tools
Hello, I am currently evaluating a couple of servers, running Netware 6.5. Does anyone know of a good bencmarking tool I could use to test these servers (preferably free!) Many thanks Andy Stokoe Manchester Metropolitan University UK Netbench? http://www.etestinglabs.com/benchmarks/netbench/default.asp -- Marcel Cox http://support.novell.com/forums/ ...

Netware Admin System Error
I am recieving the following when I try to get rights information for a user. Just set up NWAdmin on a WinXP PC environment. Worked on my Win2000 PC. How do I fix? 0x899D 157 NWE_DIRHANDLE_NO_MORE: No more directory handles available; the directory handle table is full. Each user may have up to 255 directory handles. What version of Novell Client ? -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) ...

Web Admin TOOL Error
Hello, I need some help creating a new user, when trying to create a new user I get taken to another page with the following "An error was encountered. Please return to the previous page and try again. " I can create roles, access rules, but I can not create a new user. Thanks Please post your web.config file.Thanks,MaxLet Me Google That For You! <?xml version="1.0"?><!-- Note: As an alternative to hand editing this file you can use the web admin tool to configure settings for your application. Use the Website->Asp.Net Configuration option in Visual ...

Netware Admin Tools Not Accessible/Installed
I installed OES Linux with Netware and then used the migration tool to migrate a Netware 4.11 server to the new server. Everything has migrated fine (all the users are there, the NDS tree is intact) but the administration tools on the OES server are not functioning. For example, 1) "http://localhost" does not pull up a page, 2) ConsoleOne runs but the option under tools to pull up the "remote console" for this Netware server is not evern there. The bottom line is at this point after reading through the documentation I can find no way to gain access to the Netware ...

error error error

Error, Error and more errors

Tools, Tools, Tools
</quot> Couple useful things for IT admins out there. I've packaged up Werner and Feder's PoC scanner via py2exe here. You can now simply run: </end_quot> http://www.doxpara.com/ -- "Never drive faster than your ANGEL can fly" ...

errors errors errors..

Pretty nasty error from Web Admin Tool
Numerous things in the tool spew this following error?  I don't really understand what it is saying is wrong.. any ideas?An error was encountered. Please return to the previous page and try again. The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: '//App_Code' is a physical path, but a virtual path was expected. at System.Collections.IEnumerable.GetEnumerator() at System.Collections.IEnumerable.GetEnumerator() at ASP.wizardPermission_ascx.PopulateChildren(TreeNode parent, String selectNodeValue) at ASP.wizardPermission_ascx.TreeNodeExpanded(Object sender, TreeNodeEventArgs e) at ...

asp.net web site admin tool error
MS VS > Website > Asp.net configuration Select security of first page... Error: There is a problem with your selected data store. This can be caused by an invalid server name or credentials, or by insufficient permission. It can also be caused by the role manager feature not being enabled. Click the button below to be redirected to a page where you can choose a new data store. The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: The connection name 'LocalSqlServer' was not found in the applications configuration or the connection string is empty. (c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NE...

Web Site Admin Tool
Hi I am using VWD Beta 2 Web Site admin tool. When I try to enable roles using the Security set up wizard I get this error.. Any help appreciated.... My web.config file looks like this <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <configuration xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0"> <system.web> <roleManager enabled="true" /> <authentication mode="Forms" /> </system.web> </configuration> Thanks.. Bholey   An error was encountered. Please return to the previous page and try again. The following message may help in...

Error Trying To Access Web Site Admin Tool
I'm going through the Visual Web Developer tutorial and have run into a problem working on the login page (http://beta.asp.net/GuidedTour/s27.aspx). When I click "Administrate website" on the Common Tasks menu, my browser opens and I get the following error: "XML Parsing Error: not well-formed Location: http://localhost/aspnet_webadmin/2_0_40607/default.aspx?applicationUrl=/Authors Line Number 1, Column 2:<%@ Page MasterPageFile="WebAdminNoButtonRow.master" inherits="System.Web.Administration.WebAdminPage"%> -^" Has anyone else run...

Web Site Admin Tool
Hello, I'm using Visual Web Developer 2008 I've created a Web site I've created a Database file (SQLExpress) I use the ASP.Net Configuration in VWD When I try to create a user I get the follwoing error: "An error was encountered. Please return to the previous page and try again. " I checked Provider (did the test) Success I can add users using a web page on my site ... I can set up roles I can set up access rules ... Its not the end of the world .. but a major pain .. any ideas ?   Brian     Hi Brian, I need two th...

Web site admin tool gives error under Security tab
Hi. I'm trying to enable Roles/Memberships via the Active Directory; however, it keeps giving the following error when I switch to the Security tab. I'm already using the Active Directory to successfully handle authentication via a Login control. When I switch to the Provider tab, the ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider is working okay when I test it; under the Role Provider, I see only a ASPNETSQLRoleProvider and ASPNETWindowsTokenRoleProvider (checked). The app uses the AD to authenticate users (and that works fine), but I'd also like to use it to manage their roles and memberships. The app ...

Error when opening Built-in Web Admin tool in V. Studio 2005
under menu bar, whenever i clicked Web Site > ASP.NET Configuration, i will have these errors: ------------ ASP>NET Development Server failed to start listening on port 2536 Error message: An invalid argument was supplied ------------ next about few seconds later, another error pop-up ------------ Unable to connect to Visual Studio's Localhost Web Server ------------ note: the port number is random, normally is in the range of 2xxx what's the reason i get these error and how can i solve this problem? by the way, i've just installed V.Studio 2005 in winXP pro sp2 w...

Web resources about - RSYNC errors - novell.netware.6x.admin-tools

Pilot error - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Pilot error (sometimes called cockpit error ) is a term used to describe the cause of an accident involving an airworthy aircraft where the pilot ...

Eliminating errors secret to Western Sydney Wanderers' win streak: Mitch Nichols
Western Sydney Wanderers star Mitch Nichols believes his side's ascension to the top of the A-League is down to getting rid of the fatal errors ...

Is This The Biggest Bluebook Error Of Them All?
Who deserves credit (or blame) for the authoritative (and often criticized) legal citation manual?

10 continuity errors in popular movies that somehow made it to the final cut
... that suddenly appears on a different side of the room or a character that isn't quite in the right spot from one shot to the next, these errors ...

Transportation secretary: Red Line train may have left station unmanned due to ‘operator error’
Officials are investigating a case of ‘operator error’ that may have allowed an unmanned Red Line train to leave Braintree Station Thursday morning. ...

Operator Error ‘Primary Focus’ Of Runaway Red Line Train Investigation
The MBTA said they are investigating a "serious incident" in which a Red Line train left Braintree Station Thursday morning without an operator. ...

"Human error" blamed for U.S. airstrike on Afghan hospital
"This was a tragic, but avoidable accident" says U.S. commander in Afghanistan of deadly U.S.

Gary schools move to correct budget errors
Gary schools move to correct budget errors Chicago Tribune She was succeeded by Michael Washington, who was fired by the school board in April. ...

The worst error a Chinese journo can make?
Four staff at China News Service have been suspended after a report about Xi Jinping's speech mistakenly referred to his resignation.

5 Factual Errors In The NAACP’s $5 Billion Demand For ‘Climate Justice’
5 Factual Errors In The NAACP’s $5 Billion Demand For ‘Climate Justice’