Replicas stuck in join state 0

After a partition merge, all replicas are stuck in join state 0. Have
been this way for about a week.

Any Help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

--
jrothwell

jrothwell

This is one of the few times where you Call Novell.   It may be possible
to cancel the partition operation.   But when you end up with after that
will be unknown.   The issue is more one of what you end up with after
you do that, and why its not progressing.   We could walk you through
all manner of troubleshooting, but I suspect it will end in the same
way: call Novell.   Obviously you have the "usual suspects" like time
sync, a server is down, blah, blah, blah.   But after sitting there for
a week?   Who knows.

-- Bob

--
Bob Mahar -- Novell Knowledge Partner
Do you do what you do at a .EDU?  http://novell.com/ttp

0
Bob
2/16/2012 3:06:01 AM
What Bob says ... the only other thing is if any servers in the tree are
down or out of communications, fix that and the operation may proceed of
its own accord.

--
Andrew C Taubman

Opinions expressed above are not
necessarily those of Novell Inc.
ataubman's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=34
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=452316

0
ataubman
2/16/2012 11:36:02 PM
Is there a way that I can force the partition operation to cancel or
force the replicas back online? I have already tried with dsrepair. What
would Novell do that I could not do myself?

--
jrothwell
jrothwell's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=38450
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=452316

0
jrothwell
2/17/2012 12:46:02 AM
Well, if you have a server in your tree which is down ( e.g. s server
you shut off 5 years ago, but neglected to delete its NCP server object
) that will cause the issue, as well as a time sync issue.  So these
issues you can check and fix.   Have you?   If its not that, then you
have a stuck partition operation.   Something is preventing it from
transitioning.  That could be corruption or one of a number of
preconditions have fallen apart.   Do you see any errors showing up when
you SET DSTRACE = ON  and SET DSTRACE = +SYNC +PART   You can use the
"cancel partition operation" and hope that work, which it may well not.
But if it does not, you will have a broken directory and have burnt all
your bridges - especially if you 5 minutes later discover that 5 year
old dead server object  I spoke of.

What can Novell do that you cannot?   A lot.   And the guy you will be
deal with sees 10 totally messed up beyond all comprehension eDir
systems a day and can likely fix your issue in his sleep.   IF you
"followed the directions" and made a backup of eDir on each server and
done a health check prior to the Merge, Novell can use the backups to
restore the masters.   They have the ability to edit the databases
underneath to force things.

We've all been where you are now.   Looking for the Easy Button.   But
you need to rapidly go through the -stages of grieving- an get to the
-acceptance- stage an call Novell.

-- Bob

--
Bob Mahar -- Novell Knowledge Partner
Do you do what you do at a .EDU?  http://novell.com/ttp
"Programming is like teaching a jellyfish to build a house."
More Bob: 'Twitter' (http://twitter.com/BobMahar)  'Blog'
(http://blog.trafficshaper.com)  'Vimeo' (http://vimeo.com/boborama) <--
Click And Be Amazed!
Bob-O-Rama's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=5269
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=452316

0
Bob
2/17/2012 2:46:01 AM
jrothwell;2176305 Wrote:
> Is there a way that I can force the partition operation to cancel or
> force the replicas back online? I have already tried with dsrepair. What
> would Novell do that I could not do myself?
No, there is not.
Novell can directly edit the eDir databases, you cannot.
As I said: if there is an obvious cause such as a server or link being
down, fix that and the operation will probably complete normally. If
there is an eDir problem, call Novell - anything you do will probably
make the problem worse.

--
Andrew C Taubman

Opinions expressed above are not
necessarily those of Novell Inc.
ataubman's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=34
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=452316

0
ataubman

Web resources about - Replicas stuck in join state 0 - novell.netware.6x.admin-tools

Replica - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A replica is a copying closely resembling the original concerning its shape and appearance. An inverted replica complements the original by filling ...

Land Rover Monthly Replica on the App Store on iTunes
Get Land Rover Monthly Replica on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Lego Replica of Manchester NH - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore Chris Brogan's photos on Flickr. Chris Brogan has uploaded 8147 photos to Flickr.

Replica Palestine Separation Wall Built in Central London - 'Bethlehem Unwrapped' Opens - YouTube
On 23rd of December 2013, Bethlehem Unwrapped festival opened with the unveiling of a 8m high life size replica of the separation wall that has ...

Developer to build Taj Mahal replica in Dubai
Indian developer Link Global Group will build the 'Taj Arabia' as part of the 3.8 million square metres new Falconcity project proposed to be ...

Replica of 500-year-old Portugese caravel ship docks in Brisbane River
For Graeme Wyllie, the inspiration to build a replica of a 500-year-old&nbsp;Portugese caravel was born out of a love of trees, just as much ...

Brisbane sign to be replaced with replica
South Bank's Brisbane sign, the colourful G20 installation that quickly became one of the city's most photographed landmarks, will be dismantled ...

Salim Mehajer: Replica gun seen in wedding video could backfire on Auburn deputy mayor
... night slapped him with a paltry $220 fine for the road chaos caused by his wedding but bigger trouble could await over the ­seizure of a replica ...

Daft Punk Replica Helmets Will Not Be Given To Ticket-Holders At Wee Waa Album Launch
Despite previous reports that replica Daft Punk helmets would be handed out at the upcoming Wee Waa album launch for Random Access Memories, ...

Jay Leno checks out a replica 1937 Jaguar SS100
Filed under: Videos , Jaguar , Convertible , Classics Jason Len of XKs Unlimited swings by Jay Leno's Garage with a replica of a 1937 Jaguar ...