Problem with Time Sync on Netware 6.5 #2

Hi,

I have a strange problem. Situation :

2 Novell servers

1 Server is Reference with external time server source.
Server 2 is secondary with time source server 1.

Problem server 2 won't go in sync because it has the following error :
Time Source Not in Sync, discarding the packet.

If I go to the time debug screen of server 1 it say's
Server in sync.

What could be the problem ?

John
0
jslegers

:

duplicate

Joe Moore
Novell Support Forums SysOp
http://just.fdisk-it.com
http://www.caledonia.net/jmdns.html
http://www.caledonia.net/nesadmin.html
http://www.caledonia.net/jmttb.html

0
Joseph

Problem with Time Sync on Netware 6.5
Hi, I have a strange problem. Situation : 2 Novell servers 1 Server is Reference with external time server source. Server 2 is secondary with time source server 1. Problem server 2 won't go in sync because it has the following error : Time Source Not in Sync, discarding the packet. If I go to the time debug screen of server 1 it say's Server in sync. What could be the problem ? John John Slegers: > 1 Server is Reference with external time server source. > Server 2 is secondary with time source server 1. > make the first server Single instead ...

Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5 #2
I have two servers running Netware 5.0 and one server running Netware 5.1 My question is, can I upgrade from 5.0 to Netware 6.5 on one server and have the other servers remain on the network communicating with each other. Or do I have to upgrade from 5.0 to 5.1 then to 6.5? If doing this, will the 5.0 license work for 5.1? As it will be impossible to upgrade all servers from 5.0 to 5.1 at the same time! Thanks It is not possible to do an in place upgrade from NW 5.0 to 6.5, e.g. an upgrade on the same server. An in place upgrade requires NW 5.1 or 6.0. However an in place ...

Migration from Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5 #2
If I use Novell's migration utility to migrate froma Netware 5.0 server to a new Netware 6.5 server will it just copy everything or will it move it? I would like to know if everything does not go correctly will I still be able to use my Netware 5.0 server? , > If I use Novell's migration utility to migrate froma Netware 5.0 server > to a new Netware 6.5 server will it just copy everything or will it move > it? I would like to know if everything does not go correctly will I > still be able to use my Netware 5.0 server? Copy. Please see the migration wizar...

Upgrading from Netware 5.1 to Netware 6.5 #2
I am getting ready to make the move to 6.5. My servers are not in a clustered environment. Will my 5.1 boxes do a straight upgrade to 6.5? Or is there any prep work I need to do before hand? Thanks in advance. > I am getting ready to make the move to 6.5. My servers are not in a > clustered environment. Will my 5.1 boxes do a straight upgrade to 6.5? Or > is there any prep work I need to do before hand? Thanks in advance. From reading other threds here, the 2 things to do first, is to upgrade to the most current eDirectory and the apply the most current patches to t...

Abend on Netware 6.5.2 with GroupWise 6.5.2
We have a netware server 6.5 with sp2 with GroupWise 6.5 with sp2 we have upgraded to ARCserve 11.1 NWAGENT to this server when ARCsever begins its backup we get this abend on or after the backup. I know the abend list is long but I didnt want to leave anything out. Please HELP need to know how to fix this. I got a abend on this file last night. The GWPOA.NLM is ver 6.5 date 7/19/2004 ID 296. Server HQFS1 halted Wednesday, December 1, 2004 3:00:54.589 am Abend 1 on P01: Server-5.70.02-4346: Kernel detected an attempted context switch while holding a spinlock Registers: ...

Installing Netware 6.5 into a current Netware 5.0 network #2
We currently have a Netware 5.0 network running sp4. Included in this is a 2 server netware 5 cluster running the original 1.0 cluster services. We intend to install another SAN which will be a 2 server Netware 6.5 cluster. Is it ok to install netware 6.5 with exisiting Netware5 Servers? I believe we need to apply the nwsp56a patch to all our Netware 5 Server first. is this correct?. Do you apply it to the master first as this is a cluster server? Also I am concerned that when I apply the nw5sp6a patch to our exisiting Netware 5 Cluster servers it will cause problems with them...

netware 6.5 to netware 6.5 hardware upgrade
Is there any dsmaint procedure or TID available for "netware 6.5 to netware 6.5 hardware upgrade"? (I want to replace a server) Thanks Kumar On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 02:32:33 GMT, kumars@gotafe.vic.edu.au wrote: >Is there any dsmaint procedure or TID available >for "netware 6.5 to netware 6.5 hardware upgrade"? >(I want to replace a server) The Migration Wizard v. 8 (http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=nMihwfdEES8~) will do this for you. --------------- Donald Albury Novell Product Support Volunteer SysOp Sorry, no replies to e-mail respon...

Problem with iManager 2.6 and Netware 6.5 SP6
Hi, We have problem with one of our customer. Problems begun after we install SP6 for Netware 6.5. Problem is that iManager stops working after some time. We have iManager version 2.6. After server reboot everything works fine for day or even a week. Then suddenly iManager doesn't work any more. We get error with browser (http://servername/nps/iManager) "Service unavailable ! The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later." We noticed that when, we get error we have only o...

Groupwise 5.2 admin with new Netware 6.5 server
We are installing a new netware 6.5 server (it is our primary server) and are still running GroupWise 5.2 on an old 4.11 server. Can I continue to use nwadmnnt.exe to admin both the new nds and groupwise or should I use ConsoleOne with a different GW snapin to manage? Thanks Jared Jared, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.nove...

NetStorage on Netware 6.5 only salavage netware 6.5 files
Hello, Am I correct in understanding that NetStorage on Netware 6.5 Sp3 (oes) will only let you recover deleted files on Netware 6.5 servers? When I go to a Netware 6.0 server (I have 5 at sp4, and one at sp5), I am unable to get properties of a folder, outside of a little bit on file size. But, when I go to a netware 6.5 server (1 currently) I can get the tabs and everythign related to std file system info. Is the correct behaviour? I hope not, this is a nice tool, and would like to use it in place of local rights to admin data (helpdesk of 6) to use it. Thank You, Ca...

Have Groupwise 5.5 on Netware 5.1 going to Netware 6.5
HI there...I have a client that wants to upgrade from Netware 5.1 to 6.5...they have Groupwise 5.5 on that server at present...is the upgrade going to cause a problem. And is Groupwise 5.5 compatiable with Netware 6.5 ? thanks Dave HI, dw@dymaxion.ca wrote: > > HI there...I have a client that wants to upgrade from Netware 5.1 to > 6.5...they have Groupwise 5.5 on that server at present...is the upgrade > going to cause a problem. MOst likely not, however... > And is Groupwise 5.5 compatiable with Netware > 6.5 ? Not officially. It will most ...

Apache 2.0.49a on Netware 6.5 unloads from time to time...
--____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi all, We have an Apache 2.0.49a on Netware 6.5 SP2 beta (earlier SP1a) which = resently have started to unload itself once or twice every second day. There is no info on the loggerscreen, and also nothing in either the = Apache errorlog or accesslog. And if I do a AP2WEBUP it runs fine again, = for a while... Besides MySQL there is no other applications on the server, which is = dedicated for this task only. It's not running Webaccess or anything else....

Web resources about - Problem with Time Sync on Netware 6.5 #2 - novell.netware.6x.admin-tools

The problem with using infrastructure to stimulate an economy
The immediate boost to the economy from infrastructure stimulus spending is minimal, while the cost for any new jobs it creates can be huge

The problem with “bringing the country together”
... our country needs is to reject the very premise of politics. The disparate factions in the United States don’t even agree on what our problems ...

Apple confirms bug that makes the iPhone’s most frustrating problem even more frustrating
... as and satisfied as they are though, we doubt any iPhone user would make the claim that his or her handset is perfect. No, iPhones have problems ...

A recurring problem in 'Making A Murderer' used to be huge in the UK — and the country figured out how ...
... Act of 1984 [PACE], however, subsequently required officers to videotape their interviews, among other provisions. It nearly solved the problem. ...

The problem with Chinese data...
John Rutledge, Safanad chief investment strategist, shares his thoughts on China's GDP and real economic growth. And Mike Santoli, CNBC senior ...

‘Degrassi: Next Class’: “The Drugs Have Changed But The Problems Are Still The Same”
Degrassi is known for tackling the complex issues that high school students face. Subjects such as teen pregnancy, drugs, school shooting and ...

Fujitsu wants to fix Japan's deer problem with software
Fujitsu is teaming up with a Japanese forest research institute to learn how animal populations grow. The pair will look into Sika deer, a creature ...

Free Basics, net neutrality, and the problem with charity
This must have been a pretty bad year for Mark Zuckerberg. He thought he'd be a hero, but now he's a pariah. Why?

We've Already Solved Oxfam's Little Inequality Problem
The World Economic Forum at Davos is fast approaching so Oxfam has decided to re-release their report screaming that we're all going to hell ...