Problem with Time Sync on Netware 6.5

Hi,

I have a strange problem. Situation :

2 Novell servers

1 Server is Reference with external time server source.
Server 2 is secondary with time source server 1.

Problem server 2 won't go in sync because it has the following error :
Time Source Not in Sync, discarding the packet.

If I go to the time debug screen of server 1 it say's
Server in sync.

What could be the problem ?

John
0
John

John Slegers:

> 1 Server is Reference with external time server source.
> Server 2 is secondary with time source server 1.

make the first server Single instead of Reference

Joe Moore
Novell Support Forums SysOp
http://just.fdisk-it.com
http://www.caledonia.net/jmdns.html
http://www.caledonia.net/nesadmin.html
http://www.caledonia.net/jmttb.html

0
Joseph
2/15/2005 12:17:51 PM
Server 1 is now single but still the same problem.

> John Slegers:
>
> > 1 Server is Reference with external time server source.
> > Server 2 is secondary with time source server 1.
> >

> make the first server Single instead of Reference
>
> Joe Moore
> Novell Support Forums SysOp
> http://just.fdisk-it.com
> http://www.caledonia.net/jmdns.html
> http://www.caledonia.net/nesadmin.html
> http://www.caledonia.net/jmttb.html

0
jslegers
2/15/2005 12:52:07 PM
On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 12:17:51 GMT, Joseph Moore [SysOp] wrote:

> John Slegers:
>
>> 1 Server is Reference with external time server source.
>> Server 2 is secondary with time source server 1.
>>

> make the first server Single instead of Reference
>
> Joe Moore
> Novell Support Forums SysOp
> http://just.fdisk-it.com
> http://www.caledonia.net/jmdns.html
> http://www.caledonia.net/nesadmin.html
> http://www.caledonia.net/jmttb.html

Server 1 is now single. Problem still occurs.
Verry strange.
0
John
2/15/2005 12:53:00 PM
John:
Do a Time Synchronization in DSRepair to make sure both have the same
DS.nlm version.
Joseph will be along in a minute with Moore.
Peter
0
Peter

John Slegers wrote:

> Server 1 is now single. Problem still occurs.
> Verry strange.

Please post the output of "time" on the server console.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Support Connection Sysop
On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 14:10:17 GMT, Massimo Rosen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> John Slegers wrote:
>>
>> Server 1 is now single. Problem still occurs.
>> Verry strange.
>
> Please post the output of "time" on the server console.
>
> CU,

TH5CENW02:time
  Time zone string: "CET-1CEST"
  DST status:  OFF
  DST start:   Sunday, March 27, 2005   2:00:00 am CET
  DST end:     Sunday, October 30, 2005   3:00:00 am CEST
  Time synchronization is active.
  Time is NOT synchronized to the network.
Tuesday, February 15, 2005   4:12:38 pm UTC
Tuesday, February 15, 2005   5:12:38 pm CET
0
John
2/15/2005 4:13:31 PM
On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 13:45:22 GMT, Peter Jam wrote:

> John:
> Do a Time Synchronization in DSRepair to make sure both have the same
> DS.nlm version.
> Joseph will be along in a minute with Moore.
> Peter

Al versions of DS are the same.
0
John
2/15/2005 4:14:04 PM
On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 14:10:17 GMT, Massimo Rosen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> John Slegers wrote:
>>
>> Server 1 is now single. Problem still occurs.
>> Verry strange.
>
> Please post the output of "time" on the server console.
>
> CU,

This one is from server 1

TH5CENW01:time
  Time zone string: "CET-1CEST"
  DST status:  OFF
  DST start:   Sunday, March 27, 2005   2:00:00 am CET
  DST end:     Sunday, October 30, 2005   3:00:00 am CEST
  Time synchronization is active.
  Time is synchronized to the network.
Tuesday, February 15, 2005   4:14:25 pm UTC
Tuesday, February 15, 2005   5:14:25 pm CET
0
John
2/15/2005 4:15:13 PM
On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 09:29:45 GMT, John Slegers wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a strange problem. Situation :
>
> 2 Novell servers
>
> 1 Server is Reference with external time server source.
> Server 2 is secondary with time source server 1.
>
> Problem server 2 won't go in sync because it has the following error :
> Time Source Not in Sync, discarding the packet.
>
> If I go to the time debug screen of server 1 it say's
> Server in sync.
>
> What could be the problem ?
>
> John

Here is a timesync debug screen

Start Poll
^Set clock to first network time
^^Polled server 172.16.10.1:123 NTP Source
  offset.h = 00000000  offset.l = 00000000
Applying non-uniform adjustment of +00000000.00000000
Non-Uniform Adjustment Requested:  +0 Milliseconds
This server is configured as a SECONDARY
Tue Feb 15 17:17:21 2005

Start Poll
Time Source not in sync, discarding the packet
Uniform Adjustment Requested:  +0 Milliseconds
This server is configured as a SECONDARY
Tue Feb 15 17:17:31 2005

Start Poll
Time Source not in sync, discarding the packet
Uniform Adjustment Requested:  +0 Milliseconds
This server is configured as a SECONDARY
Tue Feb 15 17:17:41 2005
0
John
2/15/2005 4:18:28 PM
On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 09:29:45 GMT, John Slegers wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a strange problem. Situation :
>
> 2 Novell servers
>
> 1 Server is Reference with external time server source.
> Server 2 is secondary with time source server 1.
>
> Problem server 2 won't go in sync because it has the following error :
> Time Source Not in Sync, discarding the packet.
>
> If I go to the time debug screen of server 1 it say's
> Server in sync.
>
> What could be the problem ?
>
> John

Problem solved.

I have unloaded timesync and then loaded timesync and it works.

It is still verry strange.

John
0
John
2/15/2005 4:24:01 PM
Let's see timesync.cfg from both servers pls
--
  Andrew C Taubman
  Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp

  Opinions expressed above are not
  necessarily those of Novell Inc.
0
Andrew
2/15/2005 11:23:14 PM
John Slegers:

> Time Source not in sync, discarding the packet

this means that server 1 is not able to contact the time servers that
you put in it, and since it is not sync'ed, server 2 will not sync from
it.

Andrew asked for the timesync.cfg files from both servers, go ahead and
post them if you would

Joe Moore
Novell Support Forums SysOp
http://just.fdisk-it.com
http://www.caledonia.net/jmdns.html
http://www.caledonia.net/nesadmin.html
http://www.caledonia.net/jmttb.html

0
Joseph

Problem with Time Sync on Netware 6.5 #2
Hi, I have a strange problem. Situation : 2 Novell servers 1 Server is Reference with external time server source. Server 2 is secondary with time source server 1. Problem server 2 won't go in sync because it has the following error : Time Source Not in Sync, discarding the packet. If I go to the time debug screen of server 1 it say's Server in sync. What could be the problem ? John : duplicate Joe Moore Novell Support Forums SysOp http://just.fdisk-it.com http://www.caledonia.net/jmdns.html http://www.caledonia.net/nesadmin.html http://www.caledon...

netware 6.5 to netware 6.5 hardware upgrade
Is there any dsmaint procedure or TID available for "netware 6.5 to netware 6.5 hardware upgrade"? (I want to replace a server) Thanks Kumar On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 02:32:33 GMT, kumars@gotafe.vic.edu.au wrote: >Is there any dsmaint procedure or TID available >for "netware 6.5 to netware 6.5 hardware upgrade"? >(I want to replace a server) The Migration Wizard v. 8 (http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=nMihwfdEES8~) will do this for you. --------------- Donald Albury Novell Product Support Volunteer SysOp Sorry, no replies to e-mail respon...

NetStorage on Netware 6.5 only salavage netware 6.5 files
Hello, Am I correct in understanding that NetStorage on Netware 6.5 Sp3 (oes) will only let you recover deleted files on Netware 6.5 servers? When I go to a Netware 6.0 server (I have 5 at sp4, and one at sp5), I am unable to get properties of a folder, outside of a little bit on file size. But, when I go to a netware 6.5 server (1 currently) I can get the tabs and everythign related to std file system info. Is the correct behaviour? I hope not, this is a nice tool, and would like to use it in place of local rights to admin data (helpdesk of 6) to use it. Thank You, Ca...

Have Groupwise 5.5 on Netware 5.1 going to Netware 6.5
HI there...I have a client that wants to upgrade from Netware 5.1 to 6.5...they have Groupwise 5.5 on that server at present...is the upgrade going to cause a problem. And is Groupwise 5.5 compatiable with Netware 6.5 ? thanks Dave HI, dw@dymaxion.ca wrote: > > HI there...I have a client that wants to upgrade from Netware 5.1 to > 6.5...they have Groupwise 5.5 on that server at present...is the upgrade > going to cause a problem. MOst likely not, however... > And is Groupwise 5.5 compatiable with Netware > 6.5 ? Not officially. It will most ...

Netware 5 to Netware 6.5 migration
I was reading on the migration pdf file about migrating from Netware 5 to Netware 6.5 and one section states that the minimum requirement is Netware 5.0 and another section states Netware 5.1 with service pack 6. Along with different NDS versions and edir versions being supported. This migation would be an across the wire migration to new hardware. Any concrete minimum requirements would be great to have before an upgrade is done! Thanks the migration wizard 8 supports a nw5.0 to nw6.5 migration. http://www.novell.com/documentation/migwiz80/nmw_80/data/bswlrly.html ...

Netware 5 to Netware 6.5 upgrade
I am in the process of upgrading a Netware 5 server to a Netware 6.5 server and have a few questions: 1. I would like to run both the Netware 5 and Netware 6.5 server at the same time on the same network. (Is there a migration tool that will transfer the data only, having different file server names?) 2. By doing the above, and having the NDS replicate to the new Netware 6.5 server, does this cause any problems? (Eventually the Netware 5.0 server will be taken offline) 3. Is there any pdf file or technical docs on upgrading from Netware 5 to Netware 6.5 and what the issues might be?...

Netware 6 and netware 6.5 with USB
LS. In netware 6 and netware 6.5 is a USB harddisk supported? Dirk Dirk wrote: >In netware 6 and netware 6.5 is a USB harddisk supported? NetWare 6.0 : no NetWare 6.5 : yes Note that USB hard disk performance is rather disappointing under NetWare. -- Marcel Cox http://support.novell.com/forums ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Marcel Cox's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=8 ...

Netware 6.5 and netware 5.0
Currently have a number of 5.0 servers - 1 tree. I want to introduce two 6.5 servers into this tree running Edirectory 8.7. Can I do this, and what is the best procedure ? Do I need to update the 5.0 servers (Patches, DS. nlms). I am not going to install Edirectory on the 5.0 servers - don't think I can anyway. Do I need to extend the schema on the existing 5.0 servers before introducing 6.5 servers and Edir 8.7 into this tree ? , > Currently have a number of 5.0 servers - 1 tree. I want to introduce two > 6.5 servers into this tree running Edirectory 8.7. Can ...

Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5
What are the minimum SP levels for 5.0 in order to install Netware 6.5 into a existing Netware 5.0 tree. I would patch NW50 to the latest SP. Then run the deployment manager from the NetWare 6.5 CD. It will give you an idea what will be needed on your current servers. Good Luck. <phil.bec@culture.gov.uk> wrote in message news:9tPVb.4154$6M5.1896@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > What are the minimum SP levels for 5.0 in order > to install Netware 6.5 into a existing Netware 5.0 tree. > Use the deployment manager to verify system levels. Also download the...

Netware 6.5 Licenses on Netware 5
Hi, We had the need to add 5 user licenses to our Netware 5 server. We knew these were no longer available but were informed that Netware 6.5 licenses are backwardly computable. We purchased an additional 5 Netware 6.5 user licenses and added them to our tree using NWadmin. I read in various forums that 6.5 user licenses aren't assigned to a server I left it at that. An hour later they were still not being used. It then occurred to me that Netware 5 may not be able to deal with unassigned licenses so I have assigned them to the correct server. Again having left it about an h...

Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5
We would like to upgrade our Netware 5.0 server to Netware 6.5, and I am looking for a plan of attack. Attempts thus far have failed: We have 5.0 on a 38G drive partitioned into several volumes, with another 38G partitioned into a couple of volumes available for other data, and an unused 8G drive. Everything is backed up to tape. We use the server to run Groupwise, and the Netscape enterprise web server also. If I boot the 6.5CD from DOS, it will let me install a new 6.5 server. Not what I want. If I mount it in NW5.0, and use the GUI to install it, it fails with...

Web resources about - Problem with Time Sync on Netware 6.5 - novell.netware.6x.admin-tools

Chris Christie has a problem with the presumption of innocence
Last night’s debate was more or less dominated by Ted Cruz and Donald Trump, but that doesn’t mean that it wasn’t riddled with deeply problematic ...

Is there a problem with Apple Music?
... page on my iOS device, the song or playlist began playback. In my case, the signup page didnt return until I force quit the app. The problem ...

There's one big problem with this crucial piece of evidence in favor of Steven Avery on 'Making a Murderer' ...
One of the strongest pieces of trial evidence in favor of "Making a Murderer" subject Steven Avery was the vial of his blood from a previous ...

Donald Trump: 'Ted Cruz Is Very Nervous About 'Birther Problem'
Donald Trump did an interview Wednesday night on CNN with Erin Burnett and after he spent a good amount of time dissing Nikki Haley's speech, ...

Jimmy Fallon’s Boss: He Doesn’t Have A Drinking Problem
Jimmy Fallon’s Boss: He Doesn’t Have A Drinking Problem

Hours-Long Delays Affected N,Q,R, B and D Lines Due to Signal Problems: MTA
Signal problems citywide&nbsp;delayed the lines, the agency said.

Free Basics, net neutrality, and the problem with charity
This must have been a pretty bad year for Mark Zuckerberg. He thought he'd be a hero, but now he's a pariah. Why?

Belarus's Russia Problem
BY VALERY KAVALEUSKI - Belarusian president Alexander Lukashenko’s diplomatic team is scrambling to normalize relations with the West. However, ...

Carter says ‘navigation error’ – not mechanical problem – put US boats in Iranian waters
Carter says ‘navigation error’ – not mechanical problem – put US boats in Iranian waters