NWCONFIG"view installed products/Install a product not listed" doesn't work

Today I tried to install SP2 on one of our NW6.5 servers. I started
NWCONFIG from the Netware console and tried to "install a product not
listed". After answering a few questions I got the following error message:

The operation aborted because the SYS:SYSTEM\PRODUCTS.DAT file could not be
accessed. (nwconfig-6-108)

Press <Enter> to continue.

When I tried to use "View/Configure/Remove installed products" I got the
same error message. I tried several solutions mentioned on the support site
of Novell, but nothing I tried so far seems to solve the issue.
I copied the file PRODUCTS.DAT to another server and tried to edit the file
using PRODSYNC. This worked OK so the file is apparently not corrupt.
Does anyone have a clue???

Kind regards,

Hielko, the Netherlands

It Btrieve (NWMKDE) loaded? There are some ideas in
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10080845.htm

and

http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10062307.htm
--
  Andrew C Taubman
  Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp

  Opinions expressed above are not
  necessarily those of Novell Inc.
0
Andrew
9/24/2004 12:56:19 AM
I've seen this before.  Doing a "BSTOP" followed by a "BSTART" at the
console usually clears the problem without having to reboot.
..
If you have any applications that use BTrieve, such as ArcServe, you'll want
to stop them first. In the case of ArcServe the default settings in the
BTI.cfg are typically set too low. You'll want to adjust them per CA's
recommendations.

- Jim

"Andrew C Taubman" <ataubmanILoveSpam@novell.AndSpamLovesMe.com> wrote in
message news:TgK4d.1509$8p3.545@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
> It Btrieve (NWMKDE) loaded? There are some ideas in
> http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10080845.htm
>
> and
>
> http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10062307.htm
> --
>  Andrew C Taubman
>  Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp
>  http://support.novell.com/forums
>  (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail)
>
>  Opinions expressed above are not
>  necessarily those of Novell Inc.

0
Jim

Web resources about - NWCONFIG"view installed products/Install a product not listed" doesn't work - novell.netware.6x.admin-tools