NSS Pool Object

NSS Pool Object appears as white squares with question mark in
NWADMIN32
and details for this object is gray out. The NOS is NW6 with SP3.
Please
help.

Thank you.

0
Pohangmcp

Pohangmcp@yahoo.com,

This is normal - NWAdmn32 doesn't know about NSS pools - you need to
use
ConsoleOne.

--
Hamish Speirs
Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop.

http://speirs.mine.nu

(No email unless requested please)

0
Hamish

NetWare 6 SP3; Unable to create NSS Pool object....
Regarding the subject above: Due to some installation difficulties of a first NW6 server there is no NSS pool object in the tree, creating seems simple (using C1, server-object and then selecting the NSS Pool tab, pressing the Update NDS button), but does not result in a object. Any thoughts ? reg, Henno Have you tried creating the pool with Remote Manager? Olaf ...

NSS Pool object missing
I've migrate my Netware 5.1 server with a single 400Gb traditional volume to a Netware 6 (sp3 latest NSS patches9)with a single 500Gb NSS Vol, Using the Migration Wizard. The problem is that I cannot display NSS pool objects in the NDS, even after selecting the Media tab> NSS Pool> Update NDS. And NSS Pool attribute in the other tab of the Volume properties are missing Does anyone have an idea? Hi, i saw this Problem in the past, when the server has no replica of the partition where the object should be created and slp is not correct configu...

Netware 6x Benchmarking Tools
Hello, I am currently evaluating a couple of servers, running Netware 6.5. Does anyone know of a good bencmarking tool I could use to test these servers (preferably free!) Many thanks Andy Stokoe Manchester Metropolitan University UK Netbench? http://www.etestinglabs.com/benchmarks/netbench/default.asp -- Marcel Cox http://support.novell.com/forums/ ...

object signing with nss tools
Greatings! I'm not sure if you can helpme or not. But I'm having difficulties to create an acceptable CA root certificate for Intranet use that we need so that we can signe mozilla scripts. I followed the information found at http://books.mozdev.org/html/mozilla-chp-12-sect-6.html and used the nsstools version 3.8. could someone take a look to know if that informations is acurate? or could someone send me a link about howto do It properly? best regards, Roer roger wrote: > But I'm having difficulties to create an acceptable CA root certificate > for Intr...

Unable to create NSS pool (-604 error adding pool to NSS)
I just added new hard drives to a server and am unable to create an NSS pool. I get an "-604 error adding pool to NSS, press enter to continue" error from within NSSMU. Server is currently NW6.5 SP5, with a traditional volume. I am upgrading hard drives and wish to use the VCU utility. I have done this tons of times in the past, and this has never been an issue. Server did this at SP3 level too. I upgraded it to SP5 just to see if that made any difference, it did not. here is screen cap from rconsole/nssmu NSS Management Utility &...

NSS Pool objects in C1 gui
Successful across the wire migration, NSS - sys and vol1 , patched to sp3 and nw6nss3a, After upgrade to new server finished. I have created an addtional volume , Mail. In C1 gui I see volume objects for sys ,vol1 and mail But I only see 1 Pool object for mail , blue square. right next to the mail volume object Under disk mgmt, NSS pools , all 3 show up. Why can't I see the NSS pool objects for sys and vol1 in the C1 gui? Thanks in advance- Chris Go to the pools in ConsoleOne and hit the Update NDS button. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Connection Vol...

Netware NSS-Pools under VMWare ESX
Just for my planning: When placing the Netware-Server on one ESX-Datastore is it possible/advisable to place an additional Netware-NSS--Pool for this server on a second ESX-Datastore in the same ESX-Host (ESX 4.1)? How does Netware recognize the additional disk-space? Sincerely Karl On 26.01.2012 11:55, karl@kunze-stade.de wrote: > Just for my planning: When placing the Netware-Server on one > ESX-Datastore is it possible/advisable to place an > additional Netware-NSS--Pool for this server on a second > ESX-Datastore in the same ESX-Host (ESX 4.1)? Of course. And...

Performing a NetWare 5.1 NSS upgrade to NetWare 6.5 NSS
Hi, If I have a NetWare 5.1 NSS volume on a SAN and I disconnect that from athe 5.1 server and present it to a NetWare 6.5 server, apart from deleting the volume object in eDir and adding it back in with NSSMU, I will also need to perform a NSS volume upgrade command NSS /ZLSSVOLUMEUPGRADE=... The question I have is how long does the upgrade process take, given that I wnat to do it with a 800GB NetWare 5.1 NSS volume? Or is it a quick process that takes the same amount of time no matter how large the volume? Cheers, Dave David, It appears that in the past few days ...

NSS Admin Volumes are Unknown Objects
I have 4 servers in a Tree which was in a REALLY bad shape, where the NSS Admin Volumes have become Unknown Objects. There was a massive eDir problem which I managed to sort out, but there is still an issue with the above. All the other volumes on these servers are correct and everything seems to work OK, but haveing Unknown Objects for Admin Volumes is something that must be fixed. I've searched the TIDS and found ONE but it seems to be Linux only because it didn't recognize any of it. Does anyone know how to recreate the NSS Admin Volume without causing problem...

Can a NetWare 5 NSS Backup be restored to a NetWare 6 NSS volume?
Scenario Follows: NSS VOL1 NetWare 5.1 Backup on NetWare 5.1 Server NSS VOL1 NetWare 6.0 Restore on NetWare 6.0 Cluster Server. Can a NetWare 5 NSS Backup be restored to a NetWare 6 NSS volume? If not what would be the appropriate way to migrate this data? Migration Wizard? Regards, Sean >Can a NetWare 5 NSS Backup be restored to a NetWare 6 NSS volume? Yes. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://support.novell.com/forums (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail) Opinions expressed above are not necessarily those of Novell In...

Netware Admin Tools Not Accessible/Installed
I installed OES Linux with Netware and then used the migration tool to migrate a Netware 4.11 server to the new server. Everything has migrated fine (all the users are there, the NDS tree is intact) but the administration tools on the OES server are not functioning. For example, 1) "http://localhost" does not pull up a page, 2) ConsoleOne runs but the option under tools to pull up the "remote console" for this Netware server is not evern there. The bottom line is at this point after reading through the documentation I can find no way to gain access to the Netware ...

NSS pool
Something got messed up where when I try to create an NSS pool the pool gets created on the server but the NSS pool object does not get created in eDirectory. Furthermore, when I use iManager to select the pool and click "Update eDirectory" I get this Error: WEB2POOL: Cannot update eDirectory for this pool. Error Number: Unknown error with error code: -676. I can see using ConsoleOne and iManager-view objects that there is no eDirectory pool object in the context where the server is. I'm running OES/Linux, installed into an existing eDirectory tree with...

Tools, Tools, Tools
</quot> Couple useful things for IT admins out there. I've packaged up Werner and Feder's PoC scanner via py2exe here. You can now simply run: </end_quot> http://www.doxpara.com/ -- "Never drive faster than your ANGEL can fly" ...

Down sizing NSS Pool Netware 6.5sp3
I have a Netware 6.5sp3 server with two pools SYS & COLLEGE Originally the server was migrated from NW6.0 to a new Nw65sp1server with a SYS pool of 6 Gb and subsequently serviced packed to sp3 The College pool is 96 Gb What is the best way to decrease the size of College Pool so I can increase the SYS pool Ta George Papp I think your only option is to contact Portlock. I don't think any NW native app can reduce a partition size. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://support.novell.com/forums (Sorry, support is not provided via e...

Web resources about - NSS Pool Object - novell.netware.6x.admin-tools

Smart Personal Objects Technology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Smart Personal Object Technology (SPOT) was developed by Microsoft to personalize household electronics and other everyday devices, through "smart" ...

Sydney Festival 2016 review: One man's trash an absolute treasure in Object Lesson
The Object Lesson is one of those frog-boiler experiences. Once immersed, you don't realise how thoroughly you are being affected until it's ...

Residents object to mosque in Perth's south concerned about "sexual deviancy of Muslims".
Residents living near a proposed mosque in Perth's south have objected to the place of worship concerned about the &quot;violence and sexual ...

Relativity Objects To Paying Bankruptcy Consultant
Relativity Media said today that its Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors plans to file an objection in U.S. Bankruptcy Court over the fees ...

This is the first object 3D-printed from alien metal
So-called "asteroid mining" company Planetary Resources is built on the belief that asteroids and other objects in space are loaded with resources ...

This Amazing App Sees Objects For Blind People
It's nowhere near perfect, but this free Android app is a must-try for everyone, blind or sighted. Standing with my eyes closed in the bathroom, ...

Prosecutors seek anonymous jury at February terrorism trial; defense objects, calls it unfair
The lawyer for a Vietnamese man facing a terrorism trial in New York City is urging a judge to reject the government's demands for an anonymous ...

Vintage arcade games are once again objects of fascination and wonder
Vintage arcade games are once again objects of fascination and wonder Greenfield Daily Reporter Most of the two dozen or so games are at least ...

X-Men Apocalypse: Hindu leader objects to ‘Krishna’ reference in trailer
Claiming that misrepresenting Hindu gods in films would confuse devotees, Rajan Zed urged director Bryan Singer to delete all references to Lord ...

This is the first object 3D printed from asteroid dust
... has made several leaps and bounds within the last few years, especially in regards to the materials that can be used to create different objects. ...