Novell and Windows XP - short timeout after login

Hello,

we have a problem here with novell client 4.91 SP5 IR1 and Windows XP
(SP2 and SP3).

If we login to Windows XP, we get a short timeout (1 second) and this
on every login. We use the remote management from the console one and we
kicked out of the pc on every timeout. This is very annoying. If we
uninstall the novell client all works fine - no timeout.

Can someone please help me.

--
SteffenMuch

SteffenMuch

Sorry, a short timeout on what? The connection to the NW server?
Screensaver? Any errors or messages would be helpful, thanks.

--
Andrew C Taubman

Opinions expressed above are not
necessarily those of Novell Inc.
ataubman's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=34
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=453170

0
ataubman
3/8/2012 9:56:02 PM
Hi andrew,

there is a short network timeout, so the complete network connection is
down for 1-2 seconds. there is no error message.
If you ping the pc during the user logon process you can see the
timeout.

--
SteffenMuch
SteffenMuch's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=124621
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=453170

0
SteffenMuch
3/9/2012 9:56:01 AM
Hmm, well I suppose that could have been happening forever and no-one
would have noticed. It's only that you react to it that brings it to
notice.

Given both XP and our client for it are out of support, it's not going
to be changed. Perhaps you can adjust your processes to not kick out the
PC so quickly, maybe say after a 5 second timeout rather than just 1
second. Just a thought.

--
Andrew C Taubman

Opinions expressed above are not
necessarily those of Novell Inc.
ataubman's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=34
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=453170

0
ataubman
3/11/2012 9:46:02 PM
ataubman;2181333 Wrote:
> Hmm, well I suppose that could have been happening forever and no-one
> would have noticed. It's only that you react to it that brings it to
> notice.
>
> Given both XP and our client for it are out of support, it's not going
> to be changed. Perhaps you can adjust your processes to not kick out the
> PC so quickly, maybe say after a 5 second timeout rather than just 1
> second. Just a thought.

Hmm, that brings another question to mind Steffen - Were you getting
the 'timeouts' with the previous Novell client of 2008 release?

Leroy Joseph
Visual Click Software
'eDirectory Management and Reporting | DSRAZOR for eDirectory'
(http://www.visualclick.com/content/dsrazor-for-edirectory.htm)

--
leroyjjr
leroyjjr's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=75462
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=453170

0
leroyjjr

NetWare Servr Only
We only have a NetWare Server (that will be updated to OES2 at a later date. We need to have a few Windows XP PCs setup so when I login into my tree using the Novell Client, that I also log into the local windows XP PC. Are there settings somewhere that I need to review? I can't use a generic windows local ID because the local ID needs adinistrator privileges and I don't want to setup a local ID with no password where it could be accessed by anyone Any suggestions? IDM, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That...

Windows login before NetWare login
I have one W2K Workstation after it is booted the Microsoft login Window appears first before the NetWare login! The user can not tell me how it happend. The workstation has W2K SP4 and Novell Client 4.90 SP2 installed. I can not find a parameter in the Novell-Client which causes this. I'm gratefully looking forward to somebodys help. Ingo Kubach ingo.kubach@murrelektronik.de wrote: > I have one W2K Workstation after it is booted the Microsoft login Window > appears first before the NetWare login! The user can not tell me how it > happend. The workstation has W...

netware login after windows login?
Hi all, I want to login into netware after the user has logged in into windows. I also want to be able to logout from novell without leaving the windows session (win2K, XP). Is that possible? Do I need special tools in order to do that or is it sufficient to install novell client software? Is it possible not only to login but also to run the novell login script? Thanks a lot in advance Stefan Stefan, > I want to login into netware after the user has logged in into > windows. In regedit.exe goto: HKLM\software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon ...

Problem in login netware using Windows XP PC.
We have two netware 5.0 servers (Server A and B) with both IPX and IP, and set up Tree A and Tree B. Each Server has two NIC.(Assume they are NICA1, NICA1 for Server A, NICB1 and NICB2 for Server B. Server A and B use NICA1 and NICB1 to connect each other. I use a computer with Windows XP (Home Edition) with IPX installed and Novell Client 4.90 SP1a. The windows XP connect Server A via NICA2. The problem is the Windows XP can only log into Server A in Tree A. It cannot see Tree B. And since I use Novell server as Router between different segment of our LAN. Windows XP ca...

Cannot login to Netware 4.11 or 5.00, from a Windows XP SP2.
Downloaded, and installed the latest Netware Client. 'Novell Client 4.90 SP2'. We have quite a few Windows XP with SP2 installed PC's. But when using this client, am unable to login. The previous client we used was 4.83 SP1, which causes not problems when logging in. On the same PC's. With the 'Novell Client 4.90 SP2' client, we cannot even browse for the Netware Servers we are running, nor locate the correct context. Any ideas ? With the 4.11 servers (and probably with your 5.0 servers) the 4.83SP3 client would be my preference (some will note t...

Synchronising Netware and Windows login, Outlook 2002 SP3 (XP Pro)
Hi all, We are using Novell Client 4.90 SP1 and I downloaded now 4.91. We're facing the following problem. Changing a registry key we managed to synchronize the NetWare and Windows username field. When launching the MS Outlook 2002 client the login fields (username, domain) where automatically filled in so the user had only to insert his password. Regkey: HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Policies/System/DontDisplay LastUsername=0 However, 4.91 seems to behave differently. The username and domain field stay empty in Outlook. 4.91 SP1 does not solve this issue. ...

Get Windows login prompt before NetWare Login
I know I have found this before. How do I get the Windows Login to come up before the novell client login or a link to the TID would be helpfull. Thanks Try this one: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10086294.htm Don bbowers@lexington1.net wrote: > I know I have found this before. How do I get the Windows Login to come > up before the novell client login or a link to the TID would be helpfull. > > Thanks -- Donald A. Lohr Technical Services James Madison University ++ Bad command or file name ++ bbowers, In regedit change: ...

Login loop: Windows 2000, Netware login
One of the workstations in our network started to act up in a way that when you log in, the system logs itself out almost immediately (the deskstop never shows). Booting up in safe mode and removing the client allows the Windows 2000 sign on and everything works. Reinstalling the latest client re-introduces the problem. Is there perhaps a clean un-install I should use? Thank you. The 4.91 client ?, try the latest nwgina patches Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ Dave, thanks for the email. I will try that, ...

Netware login with Windows domain login problem
Hello, Our parent company is requiring us to authenticate to their Windows domain now and we are having an issue at one of our locations doing this. At on particular location if the users Novell and Domain password do not match, they will login through the Novell client then another window pops up asking them for their Windows password. At this point the machine will just hang trying to authenticate. It never times out nor logs them in. The machine has to be powered down and restarted. If we set the passwords the same everything is fine. If they login workstation only t...

The Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool helps remove specific, prevalent malicious software from computers that are running Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, or Windows 2000
The Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool helps remove specific, prevalent malicious software from computers that are running Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, or Windows 2000 http://support.microsoft.com/?id=890830 *********************************************************** Quote *********************************************************** Microsoft has released the Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool to help remove specific, prevalent malicious software from computers that are running Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Microsoft Windows XP, or Microsoft W...

Windows workstation login box appears after Netware login
It was suggested that I repost this in the Zenworks tree. If this is the wrong branch, let me know! Our Netware 6.0 network runs 300 Windows 2000 workstations using Zen 4 and Netware Clients 4.90SP2 and 4.91 All usual users are 'dynamic local users' and have 'volatile logins'. The system does not work as it is supposed to: 1. User login names build up in 'Doc.s and Settings' and in the Users part of Control panel in spite of being 'volatile'. 2. Seemingly randomly, workstations present the windows workstation login box after users successfully l...

Windows workstation login box appears after Netware login
Our Netware 6.0 network runs 300 Windows 2000 workstations. All usual users are 'dynamic local users' and have 'volatile logins'. Teh system does not work as it is supposed to: 1. User login names build up in 'Doc.s and Settings' and in the Users part of Control panel in spite of being 'volatile'. 2. Seemingly randomly, workstations present the windows workstation login box after users successfully log in via Netware Client 4.90 and 4.91. This is sometimes overcome by the user logging in with an old password... 3. Sometimes, users find the works...

login script provided--User cannnot login as local user the script fails but can login as local admin on xp pc
> Hi all > the error is as follows > novell client scripts has encountered a problem > and needs to close > the exception unknow s/w exception 0xc06d007e > occured in the application at location ox77e738b2 > I have never seen this before and i have tried reinstalling the cleint > but it didnt work. This occurs when the user ins logged into a xp pro pc > as a user though it doesnt occur when logged in as a local admin on the > box. this is only happening on one box. > Login script is below > MAP ERROR OFF BREAK OFF if member of ".every...

Web resources about - Novell and Windows XP - short timeout after login - novell.netware.6x.admin-tools

The Windows Blog

Microsoft updates Windows on phones without carriers screwing it up
The Lumia 950 , and its larger sibling, the Lumia 950XL, have just received a software update, taking them from Windows 10 Mobile build 10586.0 ...

Windows Live Writer goes open source
Perhaps it never really caught on, or at least didn't go big, but Windows Live Writer is a solid tool for blogging. This isn't Word, which is ...

It lives! Volunteers from Microsoft release open-source fork of Windows Live Writer
A group of Microsoft engineers today made good on a June promise and released an open-source version of the venerable Windows Live Writer, a ...

Uber upgrades Windows app with Cortana, desktop support
... anytime, but what if you're sitting at a desktop PC? Well, now you can do it there, too. Uber announced today that it used the Universal Windows ...

Microsoft Officially Releases Lumia 550 Budget Windows 10 Phone
Microsoft's Lumia 550 budget Windows 10 Phone officially launches; Microsoft open-sources 'Chakra' JavaScript engine; Samsung could use liquid ...

New PC malware loads before Windows, is virtually impossible to detect
A new form of attack has brought a long-standing criminal malware suite to an NSA level of sophistication.

As Apple Slowly Starts Adopting Carrier Billing, Microsoft Follows On With Integration For All Windows ...
Terry Myerson, executive vice president of operating systems at Microsoft (Photo by Andrew Burton/Getty Images) Apple has begun trying out carrier ...