Not able to access HTTP page of the Netware machine.

Hi,

I am not able to connect to the http page of my Netware 6 machine.
The SYS mapping is also failing for this machine.

Actaually I am trying to connect to "imanager" or nwadmin32(by
mapping)
to load user licenses.

Please let me know if anybody has any suggestions regarding how to
connect to the http page or a way to load the licenses.

Any help will be highly appriciated.

Thanks,
Rajat

0
Rajat

Hello Timothy,

As I mentioned in the earlier post, I was not able to map a drive to
that system. Also I am not able to see the same host from the Network

Neighbourhood/Network Connections. Any idea?

BTW, how we can page up the logger screen?

Thanks for your help.
Rajat

Timothy Leerhoff wrote:
> If just to load licenses try doing it with NWAdmin
(sys:\public\win32) then look at why the imanager isn't responding.

> Are there any errors on the logger screen?  Page up to the top
looking for any error.

0
Rajat
9/18/2003 1:59:00 PM
Can you ping the server, does it resolve? Edit your console.log, check
your logger screen for any signs of weirdness.

Rajat wrote:

> Hello Timothy,
>
> As I mentioned in the earlier post, I was not able to map a drive to

> that system. Also I am not able to see the same host from the
Network
> Neighbourhood/Network Connections. Any idea?
>
> BTW, how we can page up the logger screen?
>
> Thanks for your help.
> Rajat
>
> Timothy Leerhoff wrote:
> > If just to load licenses try doing it with NWAdmin
(sys:\public\win32) then look at why the imanager isn't responding.

> > Are there any errors on the logger screen?  Page up to the top
looking for any error.

0
Jeff
9/18/2003 5:41:20 PM
logger screen: goto the server press ctrl+esc choose logger screen.
do the same for system console, and see if it is in abend mode. try
pinging your workstation.
http://www.novell.com/documentation/

Jeff Gover wrote:

> Can you ping the server, does it resolve? Edit your console.log,
check your logger screen for any signs of weirdness.

> Rajat wrote:
>
> > Hello Timothy,
> >
> > As I mentioned in the earlier post, I was not able to map a drive
> > that system. Also I am not able to see the same host from the
Network
> > Neighbourhood/Network Connections. Any idea?
> >
> > BTW, how we can page up the logger screen?
> >
> > Thanks for your help.
> > Rajat
> >
> > Timothy Leerhoff wrote:
> > > If just to load licenses try doing it with NWAdmin
(sys:\public\win32) then look at why the imanager isn't responding.

> > > Are there any errors on the logger screen?  Page up to the top
looking for any error.

0
Jeff
9/18/2003 5:46:45 PM
If you can't even map a drive for a single user, you have problems
over
and above licensing. But maybe if you have no licenses installed, you
have used up the 2 grace user connections already. You should be able
to run nwadmin32 fromone of those, or ask them to disconnect while you

connect as admin and run nwadmn32.
--
 Andrew C Taubman
 Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp

 OneNet is better than nothing.NET

 Opinions expressed in the above text are not
 necessarily those of Novell Inc.

0
Andrew

Netware Admin Tools Not Accessible/Installed
I installed OES Linux with Netware and then used the migration tool to migrate a Netware 4.11 server to the new server. Everything has migrated fine (all the users are there, the NDS tree is intact) but the administration tools on the OES server are not functioning. For example, 1) "http://localhost" does not pull up a page, 2) ConsoleOne runs but the option under tools to pull up the "remote console" for this Netware server is not evern there. The bottom line is at this point after reading through the documentation I can find no way to gain access to the Netware ...

Access to Remote Manager within Netware Web Based Admin home page
Within the Netware Web Based Admin home page, under Server Management I used to have an option for 'Remote Manager'. Had to uninstall the Apache Web Admin server and re-install it because of some corruption and this option is no longer there. How do you get it back? Thanks Lenny Lennyd, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://sup...

Netware Server A access to Netware servers B volumes
Hello, it's possible to access from server A console to servers B volumes and files. I 'need this for a canon nlm program that stores printfiles only on Printserver but we need this files on server B. For example: Its possible to edit on servers A console edit serverB/sys:system/canon.txt I know this windows like, but we need this. Any idea ??? You can see files on another server with ConsoleOne by navigating to its volume objects, but I'm not aware of way of editing them. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://suppo...

Netware 6x Benchmarking Tools
Hello, I am currently evaluating a couple of servers, running Netware 6.5. Does anyone know of a good bencmarking tool I could use to test these servers (preferably free!) Many thanks Andy Stokoe Manchester Metropolitan University UK Netbench? http://www.etestinglabs.com/benchmarks/netbench/default.asp -- Marcel Cox http://support.novell.com/forums/ ...

Unable access via WWW page or access Admin Page
Hi We have an iFolder 2 site which has been working fine after much effort. Now we have applied NW6 SP3 and we can no longer access iFolder via the HTTP interface. The client works fine, however now we can get into the WWW Console to add new users or access any files! All we get is a password box that you enter your username and password. You then recieve and authentication failure. Strange it works via the client but not through HTTP, which did work! I'm not sure where to look, the apache configs seem to be ok and nothing has changed apart from SP3 being added. ...

I can't access the Apache management tools via webmanager I can access the default admin web page (NW6.5), but not using
I can't access the Apache management tools via webmanager I can access the default admin web page (NW6.5), but not using https://ipaddress:2200. A port scan of the server shows that it isn't listening on 2200. I have also used the TCPCON to verify no 2200. I have reinstalled tomcat and apache. I have also tried: ap2webdn admsrvdn tcadmdn tc4stop delete sys:\tomcat\4\work\network admin and standalone ap2webup admsrvup tcadmup tomcat4 (The exercise above creates a new directory structure, but no files within). Where do I look to get this to listen on 2200? ...

NetWare 4.11, NetWare for SAA, NetWare 6.5
Hi, we have 5 netware 4.11 servers. 2 are in the main office and 3 are in external offices, connected via vpn (DSL). The 2 servers in the main office are in tree1, the other 3 servers have there own 3 trees. One of the servers in the main office runs nw4saa and hostprint and we have to keep this running approx. 8-10 months. But we want to install 5 new netware 6.5 servers (2 in the main office and 3 in the 3 external offices). My plan is to install 1 server in the main office with ip and ipx installed (no scmd) to keep contact with the nw4saa server. The second ser...

Cannot access Netware Management Portal Web Pages
Hello, I am looking for some help with my Netware ver 5 .1 SP3 environment. I have a small tree composed of 5 servers located across three wan sites. I have loaded portal on all 5 servers. For one of these servers, I can no longer connect reliably to its Management Portal. Internet Explorer frequently returns errors saying it cannot display the webpage. If I try enough times the portal screen in question will eventually display. Portal runs fine on the other servers. It use to run fine on this particular server as well. The only recent change I have made to my server configs ...

NetWare Enterprise Web Servers admin access
Hi I'm setting up some test netware 6.0 server (in preparation for a migration to netware 6.5. I have installed NetWare� Enterprise Web Server but when I try to access it via http://<ip>:2200 and then select the link to the web server it asks me for a user name and password, I've tried every combination of admin I can think of but all to no avail. I can remeber being asked to provide a user name and password for the web server during the installation. Can anyone remember which user the web user wants to use. tia Agilulf Emo, > I'm setting up some tes...

HTTP 200 when trying to access iFolder Admin page
Saw this one mentioned earlier, but no responses... After installing SP5 for NW6, whenever I try to access the iFolder admin page (https://ifolder.domain.com/iFolderServer/Admin/) I get the following: HTTP/1.1 200 OK Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 14:10:13 GMT Server: Apache/1.3.31 (NETWARE) mod_jk/1.2.5 Connection: close Transfer-Encoding: chunked Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1 OK Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---- Apache/1.3.31 Server at ifolder.domain.co...

NetWare 5.1 SP3 server no longer able to ping NetWare 5.1 SP8 server
I'm hoping someone can help me rather quickly. We upgraded on our master NetWare 5.1 server from SP3 to SP8 on Thursday morning. Unfortunately, one of our other NetWare 5.1 SP3 servers just stopped time syncing with it on Saturday. We desperately need to get it talking again because of Groupwise, etc. I was wondering if upgrading it to SP8 would resolve the problem. Unfortunately, our time sync isn't working, and I'm afraid of trying SP8. Any insight will be greatly appreciated. Thanks! On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 16:03:22 GMT, eberlyd@bbsol.us wrote: >I'm hoping so...

Netware Admin
Im running xp and i have the netware client software installed for my college class. I copied the win32 file from my class server to use netware admin32 and when i double click on it the logo for the admin pops up and just hangs there. The mouse shows like its still loading and the processes show the cpu working at a max rate. Any help would be great so that i can do my assignments from home instead of the lab. Thanks! Do you have a NetWare server to connect to? -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop ...

Netware to Netware migration or P2V?
Im in the process of virtualizing all our servers to VMWare ESX 3.5. We have a server that is NW 6.5 SP7, runs ZENWorks 7 and holds all of our application files as well as images. Im trying to figure out the best way to virtual this server. Usually its a pretty straight forward process, but Id like to downsize the VOL1 volume so its not taking up so much space on our SAN. VOL1 is 890GB total, but only has 230GB used. Id rather not "waste" that space on the SAN untils its truly needed. Im curious how everyone would approach this: would you do the P2V and somehow shrin...

Web resources about - Not able to access HTTP page of the Netware machine. - novell.netware.6x.admin-tools

Novell NetWare vs. Microsoft networking

Netware • Tag • The Register

CAIA Lab FAQ