Netware Server A access to Netware servers B volumes

Hello,

it's possible to access from server A console to servers B volumes and
files.
I 'need this for a canon nlm program that stores printfiles only on
Printserver but we need this files on server B.

For example:
Its possible to edit on servers A console
edit serverB/sys:system/canon.txt
I know this windows like, but we need this.

Any idea ???

0
michael

You can see files on another server with ConsoleOne by navigating to its
volume objects, but I'm not aware of way of editing them.
--
 Andrew C Taubman
 Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp

 Opinions expressed above are not
 necessarily those of Novell Inc.
0
Andrew
10/25/2007 1:24:41 AM
Hello,

thanks, but the problem is that the nlm application "canon rps uniflow"
has a function "scan to file". With this function it's possible to
store printjobs from printers for example to vol1:hometest.txt. Is it
possible to connect to anothers servers volume ? What is the correct
syntax for the netware API (i'm not a programmer, sorry)?  I tried this
syntax serverAvol1:hometest.txt without success.

michael
10/25/2007 3:01:23 PM
michael;1294739 Wrote:
> Hello,
>
> thanks, but the problem is that the nlm application "canon rps
> uniflow"
> has a function "scan to file". With this function it's possible to
> store printjobs from printers for example to vol1:hometest.txt. Is it
> possible to connect to anothers servers volume ? What is the correct
> syntax for the netware API (i'm not a programmer, sorry)?

You're actually doing programming here, not just configuring via a menu
or command line?

> I tried this
> syntax serverAvol1:hometest.txt without success.

Try "serverA/vol1:hometest.txt" -- note the added stroke.

/dps

--
DaveSchneider
DaveSchneider's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=294

0
DaveSchneider

michael wrote:

> Hello,
>
> thanks, but the problem is that the nlm application "canon rps uniflow"
> has a function "scan to file". With this function it's possible to
> store printjobs from printers for example to vol1:hometest.txt. Is it
> possible to connect to anothers servers volume ?

Almost definitely not.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Product Support Forum Sysop

--

Peter
eDirectory Rules!

Peter Kuo wrote:

> A /possibility/

....That costs money...

> is to use NFS: export the volume from ServerB and mount it
> on ServerA ...

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Product Support Forum Sysop
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
0
Massimo
10/30/2007 12:53:04 AM
He didn't ask for a /free/ solution, did he? <g>  And, it is /a/ possible
solution ...

--

Peter
eDirectory Rules!

Replacing a Netware 4 server with a NetWare 6 server...
I have been hired to set up a netware 6 server and transfer some data from an old nw4-server. It�s a quite simple environment, just file-sharing, printing and some simple policies... I have some questions and thoughts about it... I have most been working with Netware 4 and a bit with netware 5. What is the biggest differences with Netware 6? What sizes of volumes and partitions would you recommend on a netware 6 server? The old netware 4 server is running Zenworks starter pack with some policies and a few applications (for simple installation). How would they be affected ...

migrate DNS from a netware 5 server to a netware 6 server
Are there any instructions for moving the dns from a netware 5 server to a netware 6 server and maintaining the databases? I don't want to have to reenter all of my special DNS info again. Also, when I change the DNS server, I would like to maintain the same IP address for the DNS service. I know I could do an add secondary ipaddress, but is there anything I need to do in the DNS setup to have it respond to that secondary ipaddress rather than the ip address that is on my netware 6 server already? If the 2 servers are in the same NDS tree, simply create the ...

Migrating iPrint from one Netware server to another Netware server
I have two Netware servers running Netware 6.0 SP5. I am rebuilding one of the servers. I am keeping one Netware server and am upgrading it Netware 6.5 SP3. I have iPrint running on the server that I am rebuilding. I would like to migrate it to the Netware 6.5 server that I am going to have. Is there a way that I can do that? Thanks Jason Roggentien There is a way to migrate, but it depends on what you mean by keeping and rebuilding, etc. The server hosting iPrint is running the NDPS Manager. The NDPS Manager has its own database where all the printer definitions, et...

Netware 6.5 Server with a Netware 5.0 Server?
We want to install a new Netware 6.5 server in an environment that has two 6.0 servers and 2 Netware 5.0 servers on the same tree. We are running 8.6.2 e directory on the 6.0 boxes and 8.0.6 NDS on the 5.0 boxes. Are there any problems with this setup,or should we be installing 6.0 instead? Thanks in advance. Dennis Dennis, > We are running > 8.6.2 e directory on the 6.0 boxes and 8.0.6 NDS on the 5.0 boxes. Are > there any problems with this setup,or should we be installing 6.0 instead? > According to: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/...

Netware 6.5 server abends when trying to backup Netware 5.1 GW Server
I am trying to backup a netware 5.1 GW server from my new 6.5 server (all support packs are in). I am using brightstore 9 and am able to back up the 6.5 server but I get a Abend 1 on P00: Server-5.70.02: Page Fault Processor Exception (Error code 00000000)fstape.nlm error when I try to back up the netware GW server. It seems to get to a certain step and then abends. with: Any help would be appreciated. Server ELBA-FS halted Tuesday, August 3, 2004 7:35:47.545 am Abend 1 on P00: Server-5.70.02: Page Fault Processor Exception (Error code 00000000) Registers: CS = 0060...

Can I use netware 6 traditional volumes on a Netware 5.1 server?
Thank you in advance Ismael Valero Hi, Ian Tasney wrote: > > Thank you in advance No, you can't. CU, -- Massimo Rosen Novell Support Connection Sysop No emails please! http://www.cfc-it.de ...

iFolder server to access a OES (netware) server?
Hello everybody, Is this possible? I would like to install an OES SP2 linux server with iFolder / iFolder webaccess. Another server (OES SP2, but Netware based) is a storage server that holds homedirectories of users. I would like users to login via webaccess to the OES SP2 linux server and see their homedirs on the OES SP2 Netware based server. Is this possible, or does this seem like a weird scenario? Best regards, John > Is this possible, or does this seem like a weird scenario? > Nevermind, I see I need to use Netstorage for this. ...

Netware Server access from OES2 Linux Server
Good Morning, I'm sorry if this is a little vague. I have installed what will be my first major SLES 10.2 w/OES2 sp1 Server on my network. I have gone through all the configurations for LUM and checked that the LDAP is working. However, when I try to login using my eDirectory admin account, the Linux server can see the user, but it tells me it can't find the Admin Home Driectory which is on a OES Netware server, even though the path it sees from the eDirectory setting on the Unix Profile tab in ConsoleOne is correct. (DSNW01_STAFF.DS.SPSD\HOME\Admin) What might I...

NetWare 5.1 SP3 server no longer able to ping NetWare 5.1 SP8 server
I'm hoping someone can help me rather quickly. We upgraded on our master NetWare 5.1 server from SP3 to SP8 on Thursday morning. Unfortunately, one of our other NetWare 5.1 SP3 servers just stopped time syncing with it on Saturday. We desperately need to get it talking again because of Groupwise, etc. I was wondering if upgrading it to SP8 would resolve the problem. Unfortunately, our time sync isn't working, and I'm afraid of trying SP8. Any insight will be greatly appreciated. Thanks! On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 16:03:22 GMT, eberlyd@bbsol.us wrote: >I'm hoping so...

Consolidate 2 x Netware v5.1 servers (500gb total) to a single Netware v6.5 server
--____NQOYCJNRIBRQSEARRGXL____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Sat, 2 Mar 2007 22:23:22 +0900" Looking for suggestions for the best (quickest etc) way to get 500Gb of = data from 2 x Netware v5.1 SP6 servers to a single Netware v6.5 server = (same tree). There are Netware v6.0 SP5 servers in the tree also eDir is at v 8.6.2 or better throughout tree. Each of the Netware v5.1 servers has Arcserve v7 and a LTO tape drive. The Netware v5.1 server volumes are Trad...

Netware Server-to-Server Replication
Hello: I am setting up a replicated SQLAnywhere DB in a company with 10-15 offices running Novell 4.10. I am proposing to place SQLAnywhere server on each Novell server and after determining a hierarchy of server DB's, setup replication across all of them. I will be replicating the data around every hour or so. My problem is I can not find an DBRemote agent (NLM) to run on each Novell server to allow replication. Is Novell server to server replication between SQLAnywhere DB's simply not supported? We are using v5.03. Thanks for time. Greg Norman Epicure -- ***...

NetWare Enterprise Web Servers admin access
Hi I'm setting up some test netware 6.0 server (in preparation for a migration to netware 6.5. I have installed NetWare� Enterprise Web Server but when I try to access it via http://<ip>:2200 and then select the link to the web server it asks me for a user name and password, I've tried every combination of admin I can think of but all to no avail. I can remeber being asked to provide a user name and password for the web server during the installation. Can anyone remember which user the web user wants to use. tia Agilulf Emo, > I'm setting up some tes...

How can a Windows 2003 server access files on a Netware 6 server
I have a situation where I have a Windows 2003 server on another network that needs to access a directory on my Novell 6 server. How do I setup a connection for Windows 2003 server to authenticate to the Novell server? The Novell directory needs to be accessible to users on the Windows 2003 network through the 2003 server. Jim Nnbd, In the past, Windows servers included a piece of software called "gateway services for Netware" or something like that that allowed you to do exaclty what you are asking for. I don't know however if this is still included with Win...

Web resources about - Netware Server A access to Netware servers B volumes - novell.netware.6x.admin-tools

Novell NetWare vs. Microsoft networking

Netware • Tag • The Register

CAIA Lab FAQ