Netware 6 8901 error on Win XP Machines

Hey Guys,

I recently installed a new Netware 6.5 Server and SP1.
We are able to login with a few Windows XP machines but when others
try to login they receive the 8901 errors and are unable to map drives.
They can browse the network but have no rights to folders, not even while
logged in as admin.  They also cannot map a drive to any folder manually.

However Windows 98 machines seem to work without any problem.

Any ideas??

0
Michael

You haven't installed all the licensing, most likely the user (conn)
licenses which have to be done after the OS install.
--
 Andrew C Taubman
 Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp

 Opinions expressed above are not
 necessarily those of Novell Inc.

0
Andrew
3/25/2004 6:49:31 PM
what client version?  should be 4.9<something>

download.novell.com will get you the latest and then support.novell.com
will get you the patches to the client (there are a few).

future client problems are best handled in the client forum.

--
Cheers!
    Richard Beels

0
Richard

Migrate NetWare 6 to Netware 6
I have a box running Netware 6 and I would liek ot migrate it to new server hardware---Hwat is the best way to do this....I wan to make sure I keep my IP address, server name, iPrint config, Printer Queue def, Home- Dir, etc.... paul , > I have a box running Netware 6 and I would liek ot migrate it to new > server hardware---Hwat is the best way to do this....I wan to make sure I > keep my IP address, server name, iPrint config, Printer Queue def, Home- > Dir, etc.... > The Migration Wizard. Or use portlock to clone the disks. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, ...

Netware 6 and netware 6.5 with USB
LS. In netware 6 and netware 6.5 is a USB harddisk supported? Dirk Dirk wrote: >In netware 6 and netware 6.5 is a USB harddisk supported? NetWare 6.0 : no NetWare 6.5 : yes Note that USB hard disk performance is rather disappointing under NetWare. -- Marcel Cox http://support.novell.com/forums ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Marcel Cox's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=8 ...

Migrate Netware 6 users to Netware 6
I am setting up a new Netware 6 server replacing our old hardware. I have alredy installed and have the new server running. All I need is to be able to copy the existing instructor accounts over. Is there an easy way to do this? Thanks Dave. David, > I am setting up a new Netware 6 server replacing our old hardware. I have > alredy installed and have the new server running. All I need is to be able > to copy the existing instructor accounts over. Is there an easy way to do > this? > The migration wizard. Download from Novell. Read the manual. - An...

Hardware migration from Netware 6 to Netware 6
Hi, I am trying to migrate hardware from Netware 6 to Netware 6 using Novell Netware Migration Wizard 7.1. My question is that do I have to set up a new (destination) server into the same subnet with old (source) server? I read the TID 10085160 which recommends that not connected new server to the network. Howerver, according to the Novell Netware Migration Wizard 7.1 Document, for better performance, source and destination, and workstation run on a common LAN segment. Can you please let me know.... Thank you, yuen On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 18:08:27 GMT, Yuen.kim@hotma...

NetWare 6.0 and NetWare 6.6 SBS servers in same eDir
Hello We have a customer with two locations. In one location, they have a NetWare 6.6 SBS server and in the other a NetWare 6.0 server (no SBS). Is it possible to merge this two trees into one eDirectory ? I found a document, which tells that it is impossible to install NetWare 5.0 and NetWare 5.0 SBS into the same eDirectory. Does this still apply to NetWare 6 ? Thanks for your help. Andreas -- infop The licensing is different but should be able to merge these -- especially since the SBS server is at 6.5/6/6 -- licensing with SBS 6.5/6.6 is pretty much similar t...

NetWare 4.11, NetWare for SAA, NetWare 6.5
Hi, we have 5 netware 4.11 servers. 2 are in the main office and 3 are in external offices, connected via vpn (DSL). The 2 servers in the main office are in tree1, the other 3 servers have there own 3 trees. One of the servers in the main office runs nw4saa and hostprint and we have to keep this running approx. 8-10 months. But we want to install 5 new netware 6.5 servers (2 in the main office and 3 in the 3 external offices). My plan is to install 1 server in the main office with ip and ipx installed (no scmd) to keep contact with the nw4saa server. The second ser...

Upgrade from Netware 6.0 to Netware 6.5
I am going to upgrade from 6.0 to 6.5. I have link to go to download a 21KB zip file. Is that all that I need to do the upgrade or is there something else that I have to get? Do I just burn these files to a CD and run it, to perform the upgrade? Any help would be good. Thanks Jason Roggentien Ah -- no -- it is quite a bit more complicated than that. 1) Do you have a license for 6.5? 2) What service pack do you have installed on the 6.0 server? 3) Is the intent to do this as an in place upgrade? -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop > Ah -- ...

Mixing Netware 6.0 and Netware 6.5
Hello, I have a site that has a mix of Netware 6.0 and Netware 4.11. The Netware 6 has been in place for about a year. They want to replace the three older netwar 4.11 boxes with new hardware and Netware across the wire migrations. I wanted to know if there are any problems introducing netware 6.5 into the exisitng Netware 6 environment. Can anyone shed some light on this? I believe the Directory Services is at DS 6.17. thank you rick rbenard@cbetech.com, Be sure to upgrade the 4.11 server with ds621.exe and enable the Auxiliary Class support on these boxes. That will...

NetWare 6 sp4 to NetWare 6.5 sp?
Hi all, I am running NetWare 6 sp4 and E-dir 8.7.3. I want to do an inplace upgrade on my server that contains all the master replicas to NetWare 6.5. What version of 6.5 should I go to? I have 11 NetWare servers running the same version of NetWare and E-dir. I wanted to start with my master server because I am able reboot it as it is not mission critical. I would like to go to a version of NetWare 6.5 so that all of my servers are still running the same version of NDS. Is this possible? This server has GroupWise 6.5 sp3 with one mta, one post office and one Gwia on it. This ...

Netware 6 to Netware 6 upgrade over wire fails
We got a failure when upgrading Netware 6 to a new Hardware. I use Mirgation Wizard 6.0, both servers include spack 4. But when i do the NDS Migration, it fails with error code: xfffffd60 at the end. On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 15:01:54 GMT, Knut.Schmaedt@kdg.de wrote: >We got a failure when upgrading Netware 6 to a new Hardware. >I use Mirgation Wizard 6.0, both servers include spack 4. >But when i do the NDS Migration, it fails with >error code: xfffffd60 at the end. TID 10084499 (http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10084499.htm) seems to describe ...

Using NetWare 6.5 licenses with NetWare 6?
Novell NetWare 6 Support Pack Revision 04 (C) Copyright 1983-2003 Novell Inc. All Rights Reserv Server Version 5.60.04 December 12, 2003 Novell eDirectory Version 8.6.2 SMP NDS Version 10350.30 December 15, 2003 Server License: Novell NetWare 6 Server 600 SN:301453 User Licenses: Novell NetWare 6 User 600 (Hard Stop) -------------- I've added 50 NetWare 6.5 & previous licenses. These new licenses are not being issued. All license certificates have been assigned to...

Netware 6.0 vs Netware 6.5
I am planning on upgrading my Netware 5.1 server to boost performance. I own Netware 6, but my subscription advantage ran out before I could get Netware 6.5. Are there any major flaws with Netware 6.0? I have one server running Netware 5.1 with eDir 85.01. All it does is handle website authentication via LDAP to NDS. It is very busy and the CPU redlines most of the time. I am beefing up with new hardware and want to upgrade it to Netware 6 as well. thanks, Hi, matt.pittman@irwinmortgage.com wrote: > > I am planning on upgrading my Netwa...

Netware 6 to Netware 6.5 license upgrade
I have three Netware 6 servers and 300 NW6 user licences. I bought 300 NW6.5 user licences upgrade. After I will upgrade one server to NW6.5 how should I proceed with client upgrade licences to insure that users can communicate with all servers? Thanks, Nathan On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 20:42:51 GMT, "Nathan Kaplan" <nkaplan@chacinc.com> wrote: >I have three Netware 6 servers and 300 NW6 user licences. I bought 300 NW6.5 >user licences upgrade. After I will upgrade one server to NW6.5 how should I >proceed with client upgrade licences to insure that users can...

Help With migrating from Netware 6 to Netware 6.5
Hi All, This is my first post, so I am sorry if it is a stupid question. I am trying to complete a hardware migration using the migration wizard, but I've hit a snag and don't know how to get past it. I have taken both servers off the network and plugged them into a Gig switch at home to help with the migration speed. The data sucessfully migrated without a hitch, but when I try to complete the NDS/ eDir Migration I get the following error Server 'IHSCS1' won't return the correct time. Please check the timesync status on this server. --- Error ca...