NDS password problem

We're running OES2 eDirectory version: eDirectory for Linux x86_64 v8.8
SP6 [DS] (taken from ndsstat on the Linux console)

We're having password issues with (1) user, which is actually my user
object I use as admin, for testing purposes mainly. I do not require
this object to change its password, and no expiration date is specified.
However, nightly, somehow the password is either getting corrupted or
reset, since I have to change the password in ConsoleOne. I can use the
same password or specify a totally different one. After that, it will
work fine until the next day. Any ideas on where I should start looking
first?

pagjsp

pagjsp

Are any processes using this ID?  Like say, backup or something like
that?
Or is this a pretty much stand-alone ID that is not used to install
software or services?

--El

--
El LaGrew
elbert.lagrew#katun.com

0
elagrew
2/15/2012 4:06:05 PM
You've posted in the NetWare forums, please try the OES-linux forums.
Thanks.

--
Andrew C Taubman

Opinions expressed above are not
necessarily those of Novell Inc.
ataubman's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=34
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=452290

0
ataubman
2/15/2012 10:26:02 PM
elagrew;2175861 Wrote:
> Are any processes using this ID?  Like say, backup or something like
> that?
> Or is this a pretty much stand-alone ID that is not used to install
> software or services?
>
> --El

No, this is a stand-alone id. And, I will move this thread, Andrew.

--
pagjsp
pagjsp's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=14124
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=452290

0
pagjsp

ASP.NET Admin Tool
Hi. Im trying to create a new Admin in the asp.net web site administration tool while following the guide on the personal website starter kit. But for some reason when i try to create a new user whatever password i chose whether it be caps or not i get, please enter a different password! I cant work out what is wrong with it. I know my passwords match so im not being an idiot. I also dont have the autogenerate password tickbox at the bottom like shown in screenshots. Please someone give me a solution i hope im not being stupid here!Benji Microsoft should be slapped over the wrist for provi...

Problem with Admin password
Hello, =20 I am running bugzilla on Windows Server 2003 machine. =20 The Complete configuration is as follows: =20 Bugzilla 2.20.1 =20 Active Perl 5.88 Build 816 =20 Apache HTTP Server 2.0.55 =20 MySQL Server 4.1 =20 =20 =20 The problem I am facing is when I try to change the administrative password for this machine the Bugzilla stops working, it gives an undef error. =20 So I need to identify the services for Bugzilla which are using the administrative password. =20 Kindly suggest me on how to go abo...

When i want to create a user in CreateUserWizard and Admin tools ,it say chang to another password ,but my password is right !
When i want to create a user in CreateUserWizard and Admin tools ,it say change to another password ,but my password is right ! my vwd is april ctp and sql server2000; why? Thanks! availa Hello. beta 2 has introduced new properties related with the passwords it accepts. Now, by default, every password must have at least  n chars (i think that the number is 7 or 8) and one of those chars must be a number. This behavior is enforced by the attributes minRequiredPasswordLength and minRequriedNonalphanumericCharacters. so, the problems you're having should be caused by these new rule...

Universal Password--NDS Password and Password expiration
If I have enabled the Universal Password and it is synching with the NDS password, which Password Expiration policies do I use? The ones in the UP configuration in Imanager,,,,or the password properties of the user in Consoleone? Will they conflict? Hi! We made the experience, that only the password policies in imanager are=20 used. We forget to set the passwords to expire in the new policy and our = users were happy cause they didn=C2=B4t have to search for new passwords = :-) Stan Lapowski schrieb: > If I have enabled the Universal Password and it is synching with...

Admin tool for Password change
Looking to create a user management console, where the administrator can change passwords for any user. The code below is what I have, but it doesnt seem to work. Any suggestions? Dim strPassword As StringDim strUserName As StringDim strResetPassword As String strPassword = txtPasswordReset.TextstrUserName = UserNameTextBox.TextDim PassReset As MembershipUser = Membership.GetUser(strUserName) strResetPassword = PassReset.ResetPassword() PassReset.ChangePassword(strResetPassword, strPassword) Membership.UpdateUser(PassReset) I figured it out, here is the solution: Dim strPasswor...

Start problems
Hi all & Happy Easter I'm new to iFolder and trying to setup it up for myself and family - using openSUSE 11.2. Apache and SSL are configured and I login to iFolder is shown. iFolder should be configured too but I get denied when trying to login as admin. The admin guide is careful read but don't know where I'm wrong? It's just a private & home network so no LDAP is provided which is also said no during setup. So I assume I'll be using Simias? I know 'this' (http://forums.novell.com/novell-product-support-forums/ifolder/281417-change-ifol...

Forgot Password Tool Problem
When using the "forgot" password tool in Visual Web Developer, I receive this error message. A from e-mail address must be specified in the From property or the system.net/mailSettings/smtp config section. I understand what it wants me to do. I just don't know how to..exactly. Thanks,Jeffrey   Jeffrey Way | My Blog I update my blog on a daily basis with views on web development. I always appreciate new readers. Hi, Try this thread, hope it helps: http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=519802&SiteID=1Zhao Ji MaSincerely,Microsoft Online Com...

Netware 6x Benchmarking Tools
Hello, I am currently evaluating a couple of servers, running Netware 6.5. Does anyone know of a good bencmarking tool I could use to test these servers (preferably free!) Many thanks Andy Stokoe Manchester Metropolitan University UK Netbench? http://www.etestinglabs.com/benchmarks/netbench/default.asp -- Marcel Cox http://support.novell.com/forums/ ...

Admin Tools To Scan NDS
sorry need to go to 5.0 Forum. -- cody1234 On 7/25/2005 cody1234 wrote: > sorry need to go to 5.0 Forum The tools would be similar. There is a collection of tools at http://www.netwarefiles.com -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) ...

Migration Tool for NetWare problem...
First of all, is this where I should post this? As for the issue, we're looking to migrate file structure only to Win2k server. Current server is NW4.11(7a). Migration server is NT4(6a). Destination server is Win2K(sp4). Upon executing the tool, I can browse for the particular servers, but upon saying OK to the pair, it errors, telling me that it 'Cannot connect to server: Test2K'. GSNW and NWLink are on the 'migration' server and user is supervisor/administrator equivalent. If I use a browser, I can go into every server and do whatever I like. I tried ...

Problems with Site Admin Tool
Hello!When trying to access the SECURITY tab on the Site Admin tool, I get this error:There is a problem with your selected data store. This can be caused by an invalid server name or credentials, or by insufficient permission. It can also be caused by the role manager feature not being enabled. Click the button below to be redirected to a page where you can choose a new data store. The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: An error occurred during the execution of the SQL file 'InstallCommon.sql'. The SQL error number is 1802 and the SqlException message is: CREATE DATABASE ...

Problem with forget password tool
Hi everyone.... I want to use the forget password tool in Widows Novell Client. All my servers are Netware 6.5 SP6 with eDir 8.8 SP1. I created Password policy and Challenge Sets but when i click the Forget Password link in my Novell Client, i receive the message: Unable to read Password Policy for user xxxx Plese check your tree, username and context. Do you have an idea why I have this message? Steve, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been...

Admin password netware 6
I replace the admin password by asccii symbol � now i can login as admin. How I can retrieve the password or create a new admin account? > I replace the admin password by asccii symbol � now i can login as admin. > > How I can retrieve the password or create a new admin account? CAN NOT LOGIN , > > How I can retrieve the password or create a new admin account? > > CAN NOT LOGIN > http://www.dreamlan.com/makesu.htm - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Novell does not monitor t...

Problem changing Admin Password
Hello, I'm trying to change the admin password on a portal. I can change the password and everything works fine, but I get the following message in red at the bottom of every page: "Cannot Retrieve host information. Please check your URL, User and Password." If I change the password back to what it was originally, the message disappears. Any ideas how I can correct this? Thanks, William Where do you change the password? RegardsRegards, Nick Free Css Skins! | nuke.nickclements.net  I changed it in the admin panel first, and then changed it back when t...

Web resources about - NDS password problem - novell.netware.6x.admin-tools

One-time password - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A one-time password (OTP) is a password that is valid for only one login session or transaction. OTPs avoid a number of shortcomings that are ...

Oregon To Consider Bill Blocking Employers From Demanding Applicants’ Facebook Passwords
The Oregon House of Representatives will hear a bill Friday that would prevent employers from demanding that job applicants reveal their passwords ...

Keeping Passwords Secure
The Facebook Security team has always kept a close eye on data breach announcements from other organizations. Theft of personal data like email ...

New Facebook Security Features: One-Time Passwords, Security Info
Facebook has launched two new security features to help users stay in control of their accounts. Users can now receive a one-time password from ...

LastPass password manager update adds emergency access, sharing center and new UI
LastPass has updated its Mac and iOS apps and browser extensions to version 4.0 to add an emergency access feature and shared passwords, as well ...

Password app 1Password gets 3D Touch support and more
If youre a 1Password user on an iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus, the latest update to the app brings great new 3D Touch features for you. There are ...

Time Warner and Linode report possible password breaches
(credit: Comcast) Time Warner Cable is warning that login credentials for 320,000 customers may have been stolen. The TV cable and Internet ...

Get a full year of Sticky Password Premium, worth $19.99, for FREE with our New Year's Day giveaway!
Online security has made big headlines in 2015, and will continue to do so as hackers continue to outwit even the biggest firms. This is what ...

Time Warner Cable says up to 320,000 customers may have had their email passwords stolen
Time Warner Cable says up to 320,000 customers may have had their email addresses compromised. Produced by Lamar Salter Follow BI Video: On ...

Time Warner Cable Warns 320,000 Customers Their Email & Passwords May Have Been Breached
Hundreds of thousands of Time Warner Cable customers received alerts this week telling them to change their email passwords after law enforcement ...