NDPS Printers?

Servers: nw 5.1, 6.0, 6.5
Clients: Win 98, 2000, XP
edir 8.7.3.3, Zen4

I'm using NDPS printers for our schools. Currently when we add a new
printer, we have to go around to each desktop and add the printer and
driver.  Is there a way to just "associate" the printer w/ the users in eDir
and when the user logs on, it will connect the printer and install the
drivers?

If there is a TID, could you point me to it.

Thanks.

0
Zak

Please ask in the NDPS forum.

--
Edison Ortiz
Novell Product Support Forum SysOp

Cheers Dave

--

Dave Parkes [NSCS]
Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/

"Dave Parkes" <Dave@Norgren.co.uk> wrote in message
> In NWadmin32, there should be remote printer management tabs ubder OUs,
> Groups and users
>
> Cheers Dave
>

> --
>
> Dave Parkes [NSCS]
> Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/

0
Zak

NDPS printer status unavailable using Netware Admin
We are running Netware 6 with SP2 loaded. According to "nwconfig", NDPS ver 3.0.2 is an installed product. According to the system console, we are running NDPS Broker 3.00.05, NDPSM 3.00.06, and NDPDS 3.00 When the server is rebooted, it reports The Print Device Subsystem could not get the 403910PS.NPD file from the Resource Management Service. Make sure this file is located in the appropriate directory on the server where the Resource Management Service you are bound to resides. The files definitely exist under sys:/ndps/resdir If I manually unload/reload ...

Printer distibuted by NDPS has no NDPS tabs in printer properties
We have NW 5.1 SP5 with NDPS ver 3.00F. All client computer are Windows 2000 SP4 with client 4.83 SP2. All printers are distributed by ZenWorks 3.2 Workstation policys which work fine. We want to use Printer Properties Pro to set various options on new printers - namely some HP LJ5100DTN's & HP LJ4200DTN's. On some workstations this is fine as the printer has the NDPS properties tabs, on others though this is not there and thus the printer properties pro settings are not applied. I have ensured that all drivers are the same and have updated some in the RMS ...

Netware 6x Benchmarking Tools
Hello, I am currently evaluating a couple of servers, running Netware 6.5. Does anyone know of a good bencmarking tool I could use to test these servers (preferably free!) Many thanks Andy Stokoe Manchester Metropolitan University UK Netbench? http://www.etestinglabs.com/benchmarks/netbench/default.asp -- Marcel Cox http://support.novell.com/forums/ ...

NDPS Printer Installation-Tool available?
hi, I'am looking for a graphical tool to add NDPS-Printer manually to Windows 2000/XP-Workstations. I don't want to use the "Windows Add Printer Wizard" because it first searches the Microsoft-Network long time before it let me select the desired NDPS-Printers. Is there any other tool available? Or does anybody know how to prevent the "Windows Add Printer wizard" searching the Microsoft-Network first? It's NDPS on NetWare 6.5/SP5 and Windows 2000/XP-Workstations with NetWare-Client 4.91-SP3. Thank You for any help Regards KlausT -- Kla...

Netware Admin Tools Not Accessible/Installed
I installed OES Linux with Netware and then used the migration tool to migrate a Netware 4.11 server to the new server. Everything has migrated fine (all the users are there, the NDS tree is intact) but the administration tools on the OES server are not functioning. For example, 1) "http://localhost" does not pull up a page, 2) ConsoleOne runs but the option under tools to pull up the "remote console" for this Netware server is not evern there. The bottom line is at this point after reading through the documentation I can find no way to gain access to the Netware ...

push ndps printer with pre-defined printer setting for a printer
Barry, When you have to set up 50 printers again, how do you handle the printer setup details like paper size and how many trays are available so that NDPS can push these details to the workstation as per your selection. In my case I will need to set the default paper size to be A4 paper and this printer has tray 2 and I need to set it to use A4 paper as well. I import the HP driver and push via NDPS and the workstaton. But I found that the NDPS printer agent object has nowhere to allow me to set this up. In other words I have to go all workstation to individually set them up. ...

Netware 6.5 (sp6) with NDPS printers
LS. I have problems to configure the HP 2014 printer as a NDPS printer. The original HP 2014 printerdriver will cause windows printspooler at the workstation to crash (when setting up as ndps printer). Now I have assigned the HP 4 printer driver for this printer in the NDPS broker, but still poor quality with fonts. I even used the printer inf-generator tool, to adjust the HP 2014 driver, but still spooler crash. Is this printer (HP2014) acceptable for NDPS use or is there a workaround (other printer driver)? regards, Dirk I have no HP 2014 printers myself (and I...

import ndps printers on netware to iprint on oes?
is there a way to import printers setup on NDPS/Netware 6.5 to iPrint/OES Linux? We've got a whole TON of printers, and we'd like to find a way to migrate them over to the new OES iPrint server rather than have to recreate all of them... I've dug around the Novell site with no luck on anything...but I'll keep digging =) Thanks! Chris McCuller With the SP2 release of OES, there will be a migration utility SCMT.EXE that will facilitate a migration... >>> On 12/8/2005 at 9:56:29 am, in message <1BZlf.5816$ME5.545@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, <...

How to Print to NDPS printer on Netware 6 with VLMs
Hi My client is moving to NetWare 6 from a mixed 5.1/4.11 setup. They have been using some DOS print server/queue/printer printers for a number of workstations that still boot DOS with VLMs for one job. We are trying to move all printing to NDPS and I am looking for advice on how to setup a connection for these workstations to NDPS printers. All advice appreciated. We would prefer to stay with VLMs on the workstations as the application will only be used for another five months. Thanks in advance. Harry Lipkind The only way to really do this is to setup...

NDPS-Printer setup without admin-rights
we have problem to distribute the NDPS-printers when the users on WIN XP have no administrator-rights. what must i do therefore ? Marco Use the Remote Printer Management either in NWAdmin or iManage. It will let you install printer to non-administrator workstation users. You need to have at least client v4.83/SP2 installed. -- -Barry. [Novell Support Forums SysOp] we have the client 4.90, is this O.K. ? we heard, that it should be low in the revision level that 4.83 sp2. Marco > Use the Remote Printer Management either in NWAdmin or iManage. > ...

Tools, Tools, Tools
</quot> Couple useful things for IT admins out there. I've packaged up Werner and Feder's PoC scanner via py2exe here. You can now simply run: </end_quot> http://www.doxpara.com/ -- "Never drive faster than your ANGEL can fly" ...

Printers Printers Printers!!
Hi All, I have two Printers installed on win2k with default set. However, I another user logs in, default changes......can I force the default printer set?? I'm also using DLU - Volitile and Zen 4. Can I force the default for that particular room each time? Examples would be of great assistance...;-) Many thanks. Using NWadmin, do a properties on the user, group, or container, and go to the NDPS Remote printer button, highlight the printer then click set as default. ...

push ndps printer with pre-defined printer setting for a printer #3
Barry, When you have to set up 50 printers again, how do you handle the printer setup details like paper size and how many trays are available so that NDPS can push these details to the workstation as per your selection. In my case I will need to set the default paper size to be A4 paper and this printer has tray 2 and I need to set it to use A4 paper as well. I import the HP driver and push via NDPS and the workstaton. But I found that the NDPS printer agent object has nowhere to allow me to set this up. In other words I have to go all workstation to individually set them up. ...

push ndps printer with pre-defined printer setting for a printer #4
Barry, When you have to set up 50 printers again, how do you handle the printer setup details like paper size and how many trays are available so that NDPS can push these details to the workstation as per your selection. In my case I will need to set the default paper size to be A4 paper and this printer has tray 2 and I need to set it to use A4 paper as well. I import the HP driver and push via NDPS and the workstaton. But I found that the NDPS printer agent object has nowhere to allow me to set this up. In other words I have to go all workstation to individually set them up. ...

push ndps printer with pre-defined printer setting for a printer #2
Barry, When you have to set up 50 printers again, how do you handle the printer setup details like paper size and how many trays are available so that NDPS can push these details to the workstation as per your selection. In my case I will need to set the default paper size to be A4 paper and this printer has tray 2 and I need to set it to use A4 paper as well. I import the HP driver and push via NDPS and the workstaton. But I found that the NDPS printer agent object has nowhere to allow me to set this up. In other words I have to go all workstation to individually set them up. ...

Web resources about - NDPS Printers? - novell.netware.6x.admin-tools

3D Printer - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

9to5Toys Lunch Break: Brother Laser Printer $40, Nomad Apple Watch Stand $41, Samsung 48″ 4K UHDTV $500 ...
... us out on: Twitter , RSS Feed , Facebook , Google+ and Safari push notifications . TODAY’S CAN’T MISS DEALS: Brother compact Laser printer: ...

In the Garden of 3D Printers
... (the long tube it uses as a mouth)." Of course, a very similar experiment could have been done using handmade model flowers—not 3D printers—and ...

JAYVEE NEWS: ISIS May Have Syrian Passport Printer
By Russ Reed The Islamic State may have gotten a passport printer, and could be using it to send militants into the United States carrying Syrian ...

Epson WorkForce WF-3640 All-in-One Printer Review
Epson recently released the WorkForce WF-3640 , another high-quality printer with all the bells and whistles that exist in higher capacity models, ...