Moving users to new server

Hello,

    Ok, let's try again.  Currently, I have around 80 users on a
NW5.0SP6a server (DS version 7.58, Tree=Recherche, Context=Recherche).
I have bought a new server and installed an upgraded version of netware
to OES (NW6.5SP3, DS version 10552.79, Tree=CRIR-IRM, Context=Recherche)
on it.  The volumes structure will be identical.  I would like to copy
my current users to the new server.  Is there an EASY way to do that.  TIA.

    Michel
0
ImpaleTheSpammers

Did you put the new server in the same or a different tree? If the
later, there's nothing to move except for the user files and any
associated trustee assignments etc. If the former, Migration  Wizard
may be an option.

--

Peter
eDirectory Rules!

>Did you put the new server in the same or a different tree? If the
>later, there's nothing to move except for the user files and any
>associated trustee assignments etc. If the former, Migration  Wizard
>may be an option.

Thanks Peter.  It is in a different Tree/Context.  The other server will
be remove after the transfer.  If I move the files and the trustees from
one server to the other, how will the users/passwords be transferred?  TIA.

Michel
0
ImpaleTheSpammers
11/7/2005 6:56:32 PM
Migration Wizard should be able to help with the password -- otherwise,
there is /no/ way to export a DS/eDir password for reimport into
another tree ... unless you're using Universal Password ...

--

Peter
eDirectory Rules!

>Migration Wizard should be able to help with the password -- otherwise,
>there is /no/ way to export a DS/eDir password for reimport into
>another tree ... unless you're using Universal Password ...

Thanks again Peter.

    Sorry about my ignorance on this.  Is there a possibility that, by
using ConsoleOne, to copy users objects from one Tree/Context to another
one or is this object locked to its Tree/Context?  I'm trying some
alternative because Migration Wizard has no provision, so it seems, for
NW 5.0.  And even so if it would have, the procedure to be at par to
using it seems far fetched for our production system.  In a word, I
don't like running something unsupported "live" just to test it if it works.

Salut,

    Michel
0
ImpaleTheSpammers
11/14/2005 9:20:35 PM
You can copy objects within a tree using C1, but not from tree to tree.
--
  Andrew C Taubman
  Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp

  Opinions expressed above are not
  necessarily those of Novell Inc.
0
Andrew
11/14/2005 11:18:59 PM
ConsoleOne does not allow you to copy between trees. However, an
alternative is to use the ICE Wizard (from ConsoleOne) to export
objects from one tree and import into another (using LDAP, basically).

--

Peter
eDirectory Rules!

Move USERS to NEW Groupwise System (new Tree/Server)
Hello, I'm currently running a GW6.0sp3 on NW4.11sp9 on a low end hardware. I have new hardware on which I have installed GW6.5sp2 on NW6.5SP2. Both servers have different tree,server,context names and Groupwise system name. How to move users? TID's have explained between move to different domains, po's, nds tree but not Groupwise System. Please help me. Thanks Kris You can't. Not without TREMENDOUS work. Don't do this unless you have a good reason. Just UPGRADE the copy of the gw system and graft into the new tree. -- Michael J. Bell Nov...

Move users from GW6.5 System to New GW 7 Sytem on new server
We have a Tree (CBM) with a GW 6.0 System,1 Domain, 1 Po. We hace set a new server with a new NDs Tree (MU) and have loaded a fresh copy of GW 7 with a newsystem name (cbmmail) and 1 Domain and 1 PO. What is the best way of imorting the Gw 6.0 users and resources into the new system. I haven't been able to find any reference for this. Thanks Merge the two systems and then move the users. You would have been much MUCH better off just upgrading the system you had. The best way of all is to stop GW. copy the domain and PO structures to the new server, and then do an in-pl...

Moving Users to a new Post Office
Hello, I am planning to move users in five small post offices to a single new Post Office for consolidation. I have read TID# 10067427 and the GroupWise 6.5 Documentation. My POA's have been upgraded since the days of WordPerfect Office 4.0 version by version to what they are today, GW 6.5.2 POA's. They have never had any real DB maintenance with GWCHECK over the years. They function fine, but I'm sure they are not as clean or streamlined as they could be. My question are these: What would be the "best practice" to ensure 207 individual user moves wi...

Moving IDM3 to new netware server
I am glad I tried this in testing first because I think I hosed up my server. I am trying to move IDM3 from one netware server to another. The server I want to move it too is in the same Tree and has the needed replicas. What I tried to do first is simply assign the driver set this new server--I kept getting some odd imanager errors. So I abandoned that and simply added the new server to the driver set in Designer and deployed. That didnt seem to work either. What I *thought* was supposed to happen was when I assign the new server to the driver set in imanager I get prompted to co...

Move user home directory to new server
I want to move multiple users home direcotry to new server, the only change is server and volume, there is no change on path. How can I do this? I tried NWadmin to modify multiple users, after I put in new volume and apply the change, the path have been overwirte, and become blank. I tried to put variable %username or %login_name, they won't pick it up. , > How can I do this? > You could use UIMPORT for this, or easier SETHOME from the JRB utilities. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com) Pedag...

Moving PO and user mailboxes to new server
Currently we are using GW5.5.5 on a NW5.0 server with one PO, one MTA, one GWIA for 70 users. We purchased a new server and installed NW6.5 SP1.1b. We will be installing GW6.5 to the new server and want to know the easiest way to move all of the user mailboxes (messages, address book, appts, etc.) onto the new system. We are trying to avoid loading GW5.5 on the new server, copying over the data and then upgrading to GW6.5. We are planning on creating all 70 users on the new system and only want to "import" the users' GW data. What is the best method for completing th...

how2 move user to new ifolder2 server
Have 2 servers running netware with ifolder2. Users are on old server. How do I move them to the new server? Do I just go into ifolder manager and change their default server to the new one? Or is there something else I'm supposed to do? -- adelatorre ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Alberto, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: ...

Move User home directories to new volume on same server
Running NW65SP7. We would like to move our USER home directories from one NSS volume to another NSS volume on the same server. We have used the 3rd party NWCOPY utility in the past for large inter/intra server file copies and it seems to work good. Since NWCOPY allows us to pre-copy the data in smaller chunks at a convenient time and then do a smaller delta/synch copy when the final cutover is planned, we likely plan on using this utility in combination with some other utilities like HOMES to change the eDir home directory attributes and file rights. Just wanted to get some i...

C05D errors after moving GroupWise to new NetWAre server
Hi, Moved a 70GB GroupWise 7.0.1 system from a NetWare 6.5 w/SP6 to a new NetWare 6.5 w/SP6 server, all seemed ok until... we tried opening messages with various users and many messages returned a dreaded C05D error and the POA complained that it was missing MSGxx.DB files in the OFMSG folder of the PO. Extra info: the entire po was copied to the new server with no files missing, same number of bytes. All links and ip addresses for POA and MTA were adjusted in Console One to point to the new server and the appropriate .poa and .mta config files adjusted as well. Ran gwcheck...

Move (copy) users to new domain on different server
I need to fundamentally *copy* users from one post office/domain on a Netware server, to another completely different domain/po on a completely different server at another site, so that their *calendar* data as well as mail all exists in both locations. I've tried 14 different ways to do this & can't figure out how to get it to work. Does anyone have any thoughts at all? It's particularly critical that I have *all* the calendar data for each user in both places. Complicating it, the first PO/domain is on a Netware server and the second PO/domain is on a Wi...

Web Admin Tool--Security--Create New Users
I try to make a new user entry and in the admin tool and it gives me the error that the password needs to be at least 7 letters and contain at least one non-alphanumeric #.  I've tried various passwords that conform to this and it still gives me this error.  I don't know what the problem is??  Does anyone else? A simple password that conforms to this would be: pass!word1 Is that not working?-Stefan----------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. That works, thanks....

unable to add new user with web admin tool
vs2008, .net 2.0I had this working and then decided i wanted to rename the aspnetdb file to something else. So i renamed the db file within the vs2008 gui. I then modified my web.config to include a new connection string:  <connectionStrings> <remove name="LocalSqlServer"/> <add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString="data source=.\SQLEXPRESS;Integrated Security=SSPI;AttachDBFilename=|DataDirectory|Ethos1.mdf;User Instance=true" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/> </connectionStrings> After doing this i get ...

moving ifolder server to new server
I would like to move iFolder to a new, faster server. Users access the current via an NDS name that I would prefer to leave pointing to the old server. What is the easiest procedure? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- duplicate Suzanne Miles Volunteer Sysop, Novell Support Connection http://support.novell.com/forums/ I am very new to novell. Can you please explain? "Suzanne Miles" <smiles@NOSPAMthebisgroup.com> wrote in message news:6cqik0l5a5ql4a928mr1o1a7f61ehre4el@4ax.com... > duplicate > > ...

Web resources about - Moving users to new server - novell.netware.6x.admin-tools

Moving magnet and conductor problem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The moving magnet and conductor problem is a famous thought experiment , originating in the 19th century, concerning the intersection of classical ...

Facebook Begins Moving Into New NYC Office
... new office at 770 Broadway is no exception, as many of the social network’s New York -based employees found out Monday, which was moving day ...

Moving Instagram account lets you follow along as humans destroy the Earth
Watching our planet crumble around us has never looked so beautiful. It's difficult to dispute the impact humans have had on Earth, and the ...

What Should Be the Denver Broncos' Plan at QB Moving Forward? - Bleacher Report
The Denver Broncos don’t have a quarterback controversy—yet. Brock Osweiler is going to start in Week 15 on the road against the Pittsburgh Steelers ...

Website migration guide: building an SEO checklist for moving your site
... sound website. You’re welcome orange. Continuing with the same site migration blue still ranks for around 40 keywords 2 years after moving ...

Moneen, Moving Mountains and Prawn played MHOW
photos by Mimi Hong, words by Andrew Sacher Moneen / Moving Mountains / Prawn Moneen, Moving Mountains and Prawn played three shows over the ...

Samsung is moving into the biotechnology business
Samsung hosted an event to celebrate the announcement of a new biotechnology manufacturing plant, The Wall Street Journal reports . The event ...

Deputy jumps into moving truck after driver passes out
Nebraska deputies responding to 911 call of reckless semi on highway find runaway truck that wouldn't stop

Obama: ISIS strategy 'moving forward with a great sense of urgency'
CNN Obama: ISIS strategy 'moving forward with a great sense of urgency' CNN Washington (CNN) The U.S. military battle against ISIS is "moving ...

Quantum computing may be moving out of science fiction
Quantum computing may still sound like the stuff of science fiction, but in another five or 10 years, it could be part of our reality. "It's ...