Move user home directory to new server

I want to move multiple users home direcotry to new server, the only
change is server and volume, there is no change on path.

How can I do this?

I tried NWadmin to modify multiple users, after I put in new volume and
apply the change, the path have been overwirte, and become blank. I tried
to put variable %username or %login_name, they won't pick it up.

0
jzhang

,
> How can I do this?

You could use UIMPORT for this, or easier SETHOME from the JRB
utilities.

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com)
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
  Using VA 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) on Windows 2000 build 2195

0
AndersG
8/30/2004 4:23:22 PM
Are you only concerned about the login script ?
How about using

MAP H:=SERVER_NAME\VOL:FOLDER\%CN

--
Edison Ortiz
Novell Product Support Forum SysOp

http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tools/1568.html

-Tiff

> I want to move multiple users home direcotry to new server, the only
> change is server and volume, there is no change on path.
>
> How can I do this?
>
> I tried NWadmin to modify multiple users, after I put in new volume and
> apply the change, the path have been overwirte, and become blank. I
tried
> to put variable %username or %login_name, they won't pick it up.

0
alphaomegadeth
8/30/2004 4:39:43 PM
On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 15:55:27 GMT, jzhang@bridgepointhealth.ca wrote:

>I want to move multiple users home direcotry to new server, the only
>change is server and volume, there is no change on path.
>
>How can I do this?

Best: http://www.novell.com/products/filesystemfactory/

Set up the policy as to where the home directories should be. Backfill. Watch...

 David Gersic                                            dgersic_@_niu.edu

 I'm tired of receiving rubbish in my mailbox, so the E-mail address is
 munged to foil the junkmail bots. Humans will figure it out on their own.
0
dgersic_

Move User home directories to new volume on same server
Running NW65SP7. We would like to move our USER home directories from one NSS volume to another NSS volume on the same server. We have used the 3rd party NWCOPY utility in the past for large inter/intra server file copies and it seems to work good. Since NWCOPY allows us to pre-copy the data in smaller chunks at a convenient time and then do a smaller delta/synch copy when the final cutover is planned, we likely plan on using this utility in combination with some other utilities like HOMES to change the eDir home directory attributes and file rights. Just wanted to get some i...

move user home directory to secondary server
I have to move user home directories to a secondary server. What's the best way to establish the new home directory reference in console one. I can go to the screen containing the home directory reference and manually enter the new location. Is there an automated way to do this??? i have already taken care of rights on the secondary server. Any Ideas??? asalazar@ci.chico.ca.us wrote: > I have to move user home directories to a secondary server. What's > the best way to establish the new home directory reference in console > one. I can go to the screen contain...

Move USERS to NEW Groupwise System (new Tree/Server)
Hello, I'm currently running a GW6.0sp3 on NW4.11sp9 on a low end hardware. I have new hardware on which I have installed GW6.5sp2 on NW6.5SP2. Both servers have different tree,server,context names and Groupwise system name. How to move users? TID's have explained between move to different domains, po's, nds tree but not Groupwise System. Please help me. Thanks Kris You can't. Not without TREMENDOUS work. Don't do this unless you have a good reason. Just UPGRADE the copy of the gw system and graft into the new tree. -- Michael J. Bell Nov...

Move users from GW6.5 System to New GW 7 Sytem on new server
We have a Tree (CBM) with a GW 6.0 System,1 Domain, 1 Po. We hace set a new server with a new NDs Tree (MU) and have loaded a fresh copy of GW 7 with a newsystem name (cbmmail) and 1 Domain and 1 PO. What is the best way of imorting the Gw 6.0 users and resources into the new system. I haven't been able to find any reference for this. Thanks Merge the two systems and then move the users. You would have been much MUCH better off just upgrading the system you had. The best way of all is to stop GW. copy the domain and PO structures to the new server, and then do an in-pl...

User move with home directories
Hello: We are going to do a "massive" user move. Users will be moved from one server to the other. Their home directories will need to be moved as well. How can I do a massuser move with homedirectories. When the home direcotories are moved, and users are in a diffrent containter, the File rights and trustees of the home directories must be changed as well. Does anyone know a tool that could help us? Thank you. J Jakub Gorecki, > Does anyone know a tool that could help us? Thank you. > The JRB Utilities. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sy...

Moving Directories to a new server
Here's my situation: I have a new file server. I used UImport to add all of my users to it and create their home directories (which gave them rights to the home directories at the same time). They all have home directories on the old server (the name of each individual home directory is the same on the old server as it is on the new server). I'd like to copy and paste them from the old server to the new one. However, I know that when I do that they will lose their rights to their home directory folder on the new server. Is there a way to do a cut and paste witho...

How to move user home directories
Hi I need to move the user home directories to another volume (without lost trustees, permission and other properties). What do I have to do? Just move it? thank for your help Marcelo (from Argentina) On 1/3/2006 marce@fcm.unc.edu.ar wrote: > Just move it? Check out http://jrbsoftware.com/06utils/sethome2.htm -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) marce@fcm.unc.edu.ar wrote: > I need to move the user home directories to another volume (without > lost trustees, permission and other properties). you can downloa...

Moving Users to New Home
--____CFPGXRLHCQAHXNECHZPH____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I just configured Groupwise 6.5 SBS to run on a new Proliant cluster. I = did not want to take my old 6.0 domain (full of "issues"), I just wanted = to move the users between post offices. Followed "moving users" instructio= ns from documentation by creating external domains. Direct linked through = TCPIP and both mta's opened fine. My 6.0 link configuration shows both = inbound and outbound but my 6.5 system only shows outbound. When ...

New Server for User Home
Currently, I have a NetWare 4.2/SP9 (traditional file system) server called UServ1 that is used for users Home directories only. The volume (200Gb) is 90% full. I have just built a new NetWare 6.5/SP2 (NSS volume) server with brand new server-class hardware named UserServ. What is the safest and quickest way to move all of the data from the old server to the new, while preserving all file system rights? My hope is that if the rights are transfered from one box to the other, the only modification I'll have to manually make once the copy is done is to change LOGIN logic ...

Moving users to new server
Hello, Ok, let's try again. Currently, I have around 80 users on a NW5.0SP6a server (DS version 7.58, Tree=Recherche, Context=Recherche). I have bought a new server and installed an upgraded version of netware to OES (NW6.5SP3, DS version 10552.79, Tree=CRIR-IRM, Context=Recherche) on it. The volumes structure will be identical. I would like to copy my current users to the new server. Is there an EASY way to do that. TIA. Michel Did you put the new server in the same or a different tree? If the later, there's nothing to move except for the user files an...

Moving Users to a new Post Office
Hello, I am planning to move users in five small post offices to a single new Post Office for consolidation. I have read TID# 10067427 and the GroupWise 6.5 Documentation. My POA's have been upgraded since the days of WordPerfect Office 4.0 version by version to what they are today, GW 6.5.2 POA's. They have never had any real DB maintenance with GWCHECK over the years. They function fine, but I'm sure they are not as clean or streamlined as they could be. My question are these: What would be the "best practice" to ensure 207 individual user moves wi...

Moving IDM3 to new netware server
I am glad I tried this in testing first because I think I hosed up my server. I am trying to move IDM3 from one netware server to another. The server I want to move it too is in the same Tree and has the needed replicas. What I tried to do first is simply assign the driver set this new server--I kept getting some odd imanager errors. So I abandoned that and simply added the new server to the driver set in Designer and deployed. That didnt seem to work either. What I *thought* was supposed to happen was when I assign the new server to the driver set in imanager I get prompted to co...

Move home directories to different server
What is the best way to move users' home directories from NW 5.1/NSS to a new NW 6.5 server? We are doing no hardware migration, the source server remains running, I just need to move the users' data out of it. I tried to use the Novell Server Consolidation Utility to copy few testing directories to a temporary space on new server. It did it right, but how can I do the change of users' home directory entries in eDirectory? There are 4000 user accounts in our network. Is there some tool for such task or any scripts, examples? Thank you. Lukas Kubin I believe one o...

Server Rename User Home Directories
I renamed a NetWare 6.5 sp3 server. Everything seemed to go ok except now the user home dir attribute in NDS is gone. Is there an easy way to get this back or is it divide and conquer time. Thanks, Brian -- Brian T. Payne BS, CNA 5, Net+ Mount Vernon Nazarene University Mount Vernon, OH 43050 email: bpayne@mvnu.edu Brian Payne wrote: > I renamed a NetWare 6.5 sp3 server. Everything seemed to go ok except now > the user home dir attribute in NDS is gone. Is there an easy way to get > this back or is it divide and conquer time. http://www.novell.com/co...

Web resources about - Move user home directory to new server - novell.netware.6x.admin-tools

Wikipedia:Quick directory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This page is a handy directory to various locations of interest in Wikipedia. Only dynamic pages should be listed here, no policy pages etc. ...

Wikipedia:WikiProject Council/Directory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Business Directory Listings: Eight Smart Tips for You to Get Started
If you are considering a business directory listing for your small business, congratulations – you are on the right track. Local SEO, local customers, ...

LinkedIn Lookup iOS app aims to replace your company’s awful intranet employee directory
... continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "LinkedIn Lookup iOS app aims to replace your company’s awful intranet employee directory" ...

Atlas Partner Directory Launched
... just for Facebook and Instagram –advertising platform Atlas has one, as well. On that note, Atlas Tuesday introduced the Atlas Partner Directory ...

The British Library’s ‘Save Our Sounds’ Program Creates Directory of UK Sound Collections
The long-feared deterioration of the world's sound collections is a coming to a head with the British Library's last-ditch initiative called ...

Amazon brings Microsoft users into AWS with Active Directory service
Amazon has launched an AWS Directory Service for Active Directory , a fully managed implementation of Microsoft's authentication and user management ...

Researchers find way to steal Windows Active Directory credentials from the Internet
The technique could enable attackers to attack Windows servers hosted in the cloud

NorthPark at 50: Store directory from mall’s 1965 opening is a blast from the past
Grab a glass of wine, get on the phone with your best girlfriend from high school and check out this original map/directory of NorthPark Center. ...

Slack's App Directory proves it's more than just a chatroom
... are about to get a little easier to find and integrate within your team and over 160 of them live within the company's new Slack App Directory. ...