Move home directories to different server

What is the best way to move users' home directories from NW 5.1/NSS to 
a new NW 6.5 server? We are doing no hardware migration, the source 
server remains running, I just need to move the users' data out of it.
I tried to use the Novell Server Consolidation Utility to copy few 
testing directories to a temporary space on new server. It did it right, 
but how can I do the change of users' home directory entries in 
eDirectory? There are 4000 user accounts in our network. Is there some 
tool for such task or any scripts, examples?
Thank you.

Lukas Kubin
0
Lukas
12/19/2005 9:50:27 PM
novell.netware.6x.admin-tools 11680 articles. 0 followers. Follow

4 Replies
270 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 39

I believe one of the JRB utilities can do this.
-- 
  Andrew C Taubman
  Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp
  http://support.novell.com/forums
  (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail)

  Opinions expressed above are not
  necessarily those of Novell Inc.
0
Andrew
12/19/2005 10:46:34 PM
Andrew C Taubman wrote:
> I believe one of the JRB utilities can do this.

OK. Then I failover to write myself a ldap query modifying that attribute.

I just thought there was some common way to move home directories, when 
such tools like NSCU exists.

Thank you.

Lukas
0
Lukas
12/19/2005 11:02:34 PM
On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 21:50:27 GMT, Lukas Kubin <kubin@spamcop.net> wrote:

>What is the best way to move users' home directories from NW 5.1/NSS to 
>a new NW 6.5 server?

1) Buy File System Factory
2) Install and configure File System Factory
3) Tell File System Factory where you want the users' home directories to be.
4) Sit back with a refreshing adult beverage of your choice and watch the
computers do the work.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------
 David Gersic                                            dgersic_@_niu.edu

 I'm tired of receiving rubbish in my mailbox, so the E-mail address is
 munged to foil the junkmail bots. Humans will figure it out on their own.
0
dgersic_
12/20/2005 8:32:08 PM
On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 12:32:08 -0800, David Gersic <dgersic_@_niu.edu> wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 21:50:27 GMT, Lukas Kubin <kubin@spamcop.net> wrote:
>
>> What is the best way to move users' home directories from NW 5.1/NSS to
>> a new NW 6.5 server?
>
> 1) Buy File System Factory
> 2) Install and configure File System Factory
> 3) Tell File System Factory where you want the users' home directories  
> to be.
> 4) Sit back with a refreshing adult beverage of your choice and watch the
> computers do the work.

Don't you have to include the cost of 4) in the Total Cost of Ownership    
;-)

/dps

-- 
Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/
0
Dave
12/20/2005 9:19:31 PM
Reply: