LDAP Contextless login

Here is the problem - LDAP contextless login works.

However, in some buildings after typing in a user account the search seems
to take 5 - 10 seconds where in other buildings the search response is
almost immediate. In one building where a static IP address is assigned,
the delay occurs, if the same machine is setup with DHCP the problem goes
away and the LDAP response is immediate, crazy.

Any ideas helpful.

0
r3ll1c0tt

r3ll1c0tt@br1cksch0ols.org wrote:

> Here is the problem - LDAP contextless login works.
>
> However, in some buildings after typing in a user account the search
> seems to take 5 - 10 seconds where in other buildings the search
> response is almost immediate. In one building where a static IP
> address is assigned, the delay occurs, if the same machine is setup
> with DHCP the problem goes away and the LDAP response is immediate,
> crazy.

Have you tried doing a network sniff to see which party is causing the
delay (Server side or client side)?

--
Cheers,
Edward

--

Peter
eDirectory Rules!

LDAP Disabling anonymous binds stops Netware client from doing contextless login
Edirectory 8.7.3.3 Netware Client 4.9.0 SP2 Proxy_User has been created with blank password. I have been instructed by our auditors to disable anonymous binds on the LDAP server object. When I do this the LDAP contextless login feature of the Netware client stops working. I've been reading the documentation and tids on ldap and feel as if I'm going in circles... :) Can someone lend a hand, or point me to a good, complete document that discusses LDAP configuration, security, requirements, etc? Thanks in advance. Cheryl Fischer Cheryl Fischer Network / Email Admin...

Slow login with LDAP Contextless login enabled
Hi all, Has anyone run into the problem were users take over a minute to login? If the user does a logout and then login again without restarting the machine it takes 10 seconds. So the problem is only when the computer is restarted. If I disable the LDAP Contextless login in NWClient 4.92Sp2 the login takes 10 seconds and the problem is gone... The environment is NW6.5 SP6 ( I know, we will upgrade to SP8 as soon as possible :-) eDir is 8.7.3.9 and will also be upgraded asap. ZfD 4.00.1135 -- Bengtb --------------------------------------------------------------...

LDAP Contextless login and Relative Distinguished Names (RDN) login
Is it possible to have BOTH LDAP Contextless login AND RDN login available AT THE SAME TIME? I'm asking because I would like to use contextless login but it would generate far less helpdesk call if I could still retain RDN login. When I tried it, it gave an LDAP error when I entered a RDN (ie, sylvain.adm instead of just sylvain) using the NW4.9SP1 client on Windows XP. Thanks. Not to my knowledge; only the "common name" portion goes into the "Username:" field and the actual context of that object goes into the "Context:" field. For the re...

Win7, lgncxw32 LDAP Contextless Login: No LDAP server spec
I work for a school board in Ontario, and we are putting in 600 Windows 7 workstations this summer. We are having problems getting ldap to work. We have been using the �lgncl.zip� files from cool solutions to get contextless login to work on our WinXP machines. That doesn�t work on the Win7 machines. On the LDAP contextless login tab we have put in about 7 server and tree ip addresses with the defaults. We created a reg file that we change on the image depending on which school server we want to login to (different trees as we are a rural school board - just the way it was setup ...

LGNCXW32 "LDAP Contextless Login: No LDAP server specified"

LDAP Contextless login and 802.1X WLAN login with Aegis client
Hi. Is there any solution to the problem stated in subject? LDAP contextless logins can not work in a 802.1X WLAN solution since the client does NOT have network access until after it has logged in. Currently we disable LDAP contextless logins and "Workstation Only" flag for workstations that need WLAN access, is there any better way of doing this? /anders Anders Westerberg wrote: > Is there any solution to the problem stated in subject? LDAP contextless > logins can not work in a 802.1X WLAN solution since the client does NOT > have network access until af...

LDAP contextless login
I am having problems with LDAP contextless login. I had it working with 4.9sp1a and then it stopped. I get a user not found. I have tried several servers all of which worked before. I can also query those servers with an LDAP query tool. Any ideas? Jason Emery wrote: > > I am having problems with LDAP contextless login. I had it working with > 4.9sp1a and then it stopped. I get a user not found. I have tried several > servers all of which worked before. I can also query those servers with an > LDAP query tool. Any ideas? You might ask in the support.n...

ldaps and contextless login
we try run a secure LDAP authentication against edir 8.7.x. via contextless login. The problem is that the login only works if the context is added. -- netman wrote: > we try run a secure LDAP authentication against edir 8.7.x. via > contextless login. > The problem is that the login only works if the context is added. When you try to use unsecure LDAP does it work then ? -- Cheers, Edward yes, this works okay. Edward van der Maas wrote: > netman wrote: > >> we try run a secure LDAP authentication against edir 8.7.x. via >> conte...

Contextless Login
I've recently set up contextless login. We have a small tree, one parent and 2 child containers. It is working in one parent and one child but not the other, i.e I can log in as a user in the parent and one child container without a context, but a user in the other child container still requires the context. The error is not an LDAP error but simply the user is not found. I am using an LDAP proxy user, and have checked that the rights are the same at each container level. Each container has its own server in its own LDAP group (separated by a WAN) and those configs are th...

LDAP Contextless Login
--____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello All, Stuff: NW6.0sp3, 4.9.0.sp1a, Zen4.0.1 client 4.0.1.17 Single tree I have read thru a lot of the different verbage on how to get this to = work, yet, I am having all sorts of difficulties trying to understand = EXACTLY how to get this configured. Anyone got the SURE FIRE way to do = this? I am still running DSCAT for contextless login. I do have a LDAPPROXYUSER = configured and functional for all LDAP servers. Why questions are, do I h...

LDAP Contextless Login Broke
Unfortunately, we are in the process of migrating our mail services from GroupWise to Exchange. In the process I have removed GroupWise from the desktop/server installed Outlook. After reboot LDAP Contextless login no longer responds. I do not receive an error, the client just fails to query LDAP for the context of the user. -- krux01 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ krux01, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your...

LDAP Contextless Login Settings
We would like ot speak with someone on some "hidden" or undocumented settings for LDAP Contextless Login. We need to search for users that are NOT inetorgperson objectclass. We would also like to NOT populate the "tree" name from the ldap server. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks -jim Jim, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowled...

LDAP contextless login Q
Hi, We have just migrated our 3 most important servers from Netware 5.1 SP8 to Netware 6.5 SP4. When we were on Netware 5.1 we where using the DSCAT contextless login, and have now migrated to using LDAP, however we are finding that some clients are getting the "cannot find tree or server" error message when trying to login. We have also found that if we then drop down the "advanced" page of the client and enter the address of one of our servers in the server box that the login then works correctly. Just incase the following is relevant to the problem : th...

Web resources about - LDAP Contextless login - novell.netware.6x.admin-tools

Contextless Right-Wing Puke Funnel Video Good Enough for USDA Firing
I’m loath to jump on anything pushed by professional bully Andrew Breitbart, but since he rules the world of the traditional media and, apparently, ...

Contextless manga wtf - Imgur
Imgur is home to the web's most popular image content, curated in real time by a dedicated community through commenting, voting and sharing. ...

Mitt Romney Hoisted With His Own Contextless Petard
The Romney campaign thinks they have a winning Obama gaffe on their hands. At a Univision election forum this afternoon, President Obama admitted ...

Hugh Ryan (@Hugh_Ryan) on Twitter

Jonathan Martin, Future Gunner « Above the Law: A Legal Web Site – News, Commentary, and Opinions on ...
Guess the lawyers will sort out whatever happened between Richie Ingonito and Jonathan Martin.

Rewindy Isn't A Photo Sharing Service, It's A Story Platform
Over the years I've noticed that photos on Facebook, the world's largest photo sharing platform, are getting more and more contextless as people ...

“The Pacific”: A Regrettable Lack of Common Virtues
... Philippines. However, scenes in which Americans loot Japanese corpses for their gold teeth or murder wounded Japanese prisoners remain contextless ...

Even The Founder Of YouTube Can’t Stand Google+
Jawed Karim posts his first YouTube comment ever. Hard to see how these contextless, disembodied Google+ comments are an improvement, but hey! ...

Orioles announce slew of minor league coaches and staff
The Orioles announced all of their minor league coaches and player development staff on Thursday because it's not like there was anything else ...