How to Specify an IP address range for Network Address Restrictions in NetWare

I am looking for a way to restrict logins to my server from a range of
different subnets.

I found this tid

http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10057948.htm

but that is for restricting it to one subnet. Another consideration is we
don't want this to impact ftp/ssh since we have some vendors that connect
to us.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

0
Harold

On 2/15/2007  Harold@askme.com wrote:

> Any ideas?

You should use FILTCFG instead.
http://support.novell.com/docs/Tids/InfoDocument/2930996.html

--
Edison Ortiz
Novell Product Support Forum SysOp

Setup an IP address range for network address restriction
We need to setup a range of IP addresses for network address restriction on some of the Win2k stations with client 4.83sp2 and NW6.0 sp4. We followed the instruction of the following TID and it did not work at all: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10057948.htm Any idea? Thank you in advance. Hi For some reason, Novell have never allowed this. You can set up address restrictions for an IPX subnet or for a list of IP or IPX addresses, but not an IP subnet. That would require entry of an address mask. There is nowhere to put one. The best you can do is to ...

What is Ip address if network card has more than one ip address assigned
Okay, I have a machine running sqlanywhere server, I have several ip addresses bound to the network card. if I am going to use a client on another computer, what ip address is sqlanywhere server bound to? Regards, Andy Pick one! Then when you configure the db server us it: -x TCPIP{MYIP=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx} -- Jim Egan [TeamPS] Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. http://www.dyn-data.com Houston, TX *********************************************************** Enterprise Applications in Your Future? JumpStart '99 Ent...

Access restriction using ip address or MAC address
Here is my Problem.                  I would like to restric users access to my application if their IP address or MAC address is not a register on my database, I have already handle the database part but what i need to know is how to check the ip address and MAC address of client computers for incoming connection to my application server. Second question, is it a good idea to restric using ip address although i have another layer of Authentication and authorization process in place? Can IP address&n...

Netware 6 IP address change
Forgive me if I've posted to the wrong group or if I'm just revisting an old topic. I've been told that changing the IP address of a Netware 6 server is a "very bad thing". Apparently PKI encryption is somehow based on or tied into the servers' IP address so changing that address can or does mess things up. The only safe way to change a Netware 6 boxs' address is to uninstall it from the tree, change the address and then reinstall back into the tree. Can anyone confirm that this is correct? I've changed server addresses in the past with no app...

Changing IP Address on Netware 6
I need to change the IP address on my NW6 server. I found this document http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10067853.htm on the support site. Is there anything else I should worry about? Nope, thats it. Cheers, Edward "Anwer Adil" <aa264@columbia.edu> wrote in message news:mkx7f.5920$5e6.634@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... >I need to change the IP address on my NW6 server. I found this document >http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10067853.htm on the >support site. Is there anything else I should worry abo...

NetWare 6 IP address change
What do I need to modify when I change IP address on NetWare 6? - TID10067853 This is the TID that I followed to changed the IP addresses of many NetWare servers. The section on LDAP server object needs to be deleted - why does it need to be deleted? I'm getting an error of version mismatch when deleting the object or recreating it. > What do I need to modify when I change IP address on NetWare 6? - TID10067853 > > This is the TID that I followed to changed the IP addresses of many NetWare > servers. The section on LDAP server object needs to be deleted - why ...

Problem the IP address showing is NOT my IP address I am at.
host217-35-99-250.in-addr.btopenworld.com or 217.35.99.250 is someone else's IP address, not my IP address (12.98.80.XXX a Dynamic IP address range) when I test my ports with the NanoProbe system. In message <b6i8f8$tp1$1@news.grc.com>, abcministoragellc <abcministoragellc@netzero.net> kicked in with > >host217-35-99-250.in-addr.btopenworld.com >or 217.35.99.250 >is someone else's IP address, not my IP address (12.98.80.XXX a Dynamic >IP address range) >when I test my ports with the NanoProbe system. Had the same here, a couple of minute...

9x workstations NetWare Address Restriction not working
Recently we have started receiving calls from our user community that they are unable to login to their workstations with an error that the NetWare Address Restriction will not allow the user to login to the workstation. These workstations have been working fine for several years being locked down in this mannor. The Novell clients were upgraded to332sp2 6 months to a year ago and they still worked fine. Some of the workstations, but not all are coming up with this error. We know of nothing in the environment that has change. To fix the issue we change the perferred protocol to IPX...

How to specify the IP address Range to receive emails?
Could you tell me how to specify the IP address range to receive emails, pls? I think we can specify the IP address range where the email come from under GWIA. NetWare6.5 SP6 with GroupWise7.01 Regards, Jay -- jaykurosawa ------------------------------------------------------------------------ See same question about 10 threads up... basically you can use IPFLT. -- Bob - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Robert Charles Mahar Traffic Shaping Engine for NetWare http://www.TrafficShaper.com - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - jaykurosawa wrote...

Netware Management Portal ACL by IP address
Greetings. I set an IP ACL for Portal and cannot for the life of me remember the file I edited? I did this a couple of years ago. I can't seem to find the article on Novell support and today their website doesn't render right anyway. Thanks for any info. Nevermind, found it in the upper right-hand corner of Management Portal. On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 19:21:14 +0000, Brian daCosta wrote: > Greetings. I set an IP ACL for Portal and cannot for the life of me > remember the file I edited? > I did this a couple of years ago. I can't seem to find the article on ...

changing ip address on netware 5.0
i am looking to consoladate our oldest server .. it is a netware 5 sp6 ... i am having to move it to our main location for the migration of data ..... and along with that i am having to change the ip address for the subnet of where it will be located ... my question is this .. do i just need to chage the ip address on the server and then it will replicate out through edir?? or will i have to change it on other places as well?? any help and insight would be great! thanks ryan On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 13:23:38 GMT, Ryan Irish <rirish@gmail.com> wrote: >i am looking to cons...

NetWare 6 Duplicate IP Address Conflicts
I have recently built two NetWare 6 Servers - SP2 on IBM X335 series Servers. The Network Card is the updated B57.lan and my TCP patches are updated too. My Subnet(s) are serviced by one server nov01 and my ranges below are serviced by both of them e.g Subnet 1 - Nov01 SAR 1 - Nov01 SAR 2 - Nov02 I have got a read write partition for both these servers in the appropriate containers. I seem to be getting a duplicate IP address on my clients when I unload the dhcpsrvr module any of my servers. This is an intermitant issue and I can't pin-point the problem. ...

Setting IP Address in Netware 3.11
I have a NetWare 3.11 server (yes I know it's old) running SNA to IP conversion. I need to change the IP address to match my new DMZ but I have no idea how to do it. Does anyone know how do change the IP address in Novell 3.11? THanks, Jason King On 6/2/2005 jking@informs.com wrote: > Does anyone know how do change the IP address in > Novell 3.11? Best to ask in the discontinued.forums. -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) ...

Address restriction by mac address
Is it possible to lock down a username to 1 or more specific MAC addresses? From memory I was sure you could but when I looked at doing it today IP only seemed to offer the IP address and IPX wouldn't accept the mac address in any format. Thanks in advance JayTee JayTee, You need to include the IPX network number with the MAC Address. Have Fun, Bob >>> <jaytee363@hotmail.com> 08/03/04 11:42AM >>> Is it possible to lock down a username to 1 or more specific MAC addresses? From memory I was sure you could but when I looked at doing it t...

Web resources about - How to Specify an IP address range for Network Address Restrictions in NetWare - novell.netware.6x.admin-tools

Restriction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Facebook Changes Process For User Restrictions On Like Button
... control over the targeted audience for its like button by requiring page administrators to include metatags in their URLs specifying the restrictions. ...

Facebook Enables Demographic Restrictions for Developers
... access to certain application content – or the entire application itself – from users fitting certain demographic profiles. Demographic restrictions ...

TFRs: Temporary Flight Restrictions Aviation Pilot NOTAMs for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes ...
Get TFRs: Temporary Flight Restrictions Aviation Pilot NOTAMs on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

No Known Restrictions: Pledge of Allegiance by Dorothea Lange, San Francisco 1942 (LOC)
Believed to be in Public Domain From Library of Congress, Prints and Photographs Collections. More on copyright: What does "no known restrictions" ...

California Gas Restriction Act of 2015 - YouTube
The California Gas Restriction Act of 2015 will restrict the use of gasoline and diesel in California by 50% over the 15 years. Some say it's ...

Drake & Scull shares soar as Gulf investor restrictions are lifted
... are now able to own 100 per cent of its shares, up from its previous level of 49 per cent. Drake and Scull International has lifted all restrictions ...

How to beat carry-on baggage restrictions: meet the Scottevest coat
A new jacket design will help you cope with the 7kg carry-on baggage limit.

Facebook: Government Content Restriction Requests Double in First Half of 2015
... in the first half of 2015, up 18 percent from 35,051 in the second half of 2014. The top 10 countries in terms of requests for content restrictions ...

iPad Pro review: Mac-like speed with all the virtues and restrictions of iOS
Enlarge / The iPad Pro, Smart Keyboard, and Apple Pencil. (credit: Andrew Cunningham) This year, Apple seems to want to push the iPad and the ...