How come Imanager isn't install as part of the NetWare 6.5 install?

Just got done installing NetWare 6.5SP2 and just figured since I'm
suppose to use Imanager for my management that it would be part of the
install process. Seems only reasonable.
Steven

0
Steven

It is. How are you ascertaining it is not?

If it's not working for you, post over in the iMan forum.
--
  Andrew C Taubman
  Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp

  Opinions expressed above are not
  necessarily those of Novell Inc.
0
Andrew

Netware 6.5 won't install completely!!!
(grumble grumble) I'm instaling 6.5 server on a brand new dos partition in an IBM BladeCenter type 8677. Everything seems fine and dandy until it's time to load NIC drivers... ahem LAN drivers for the Network Boards. Novell doesn't have the drivers I need for these Intel gigabit nics natively. So i continue with installation and when it gets to "Specify the network protocol for each network board." I open the command console and copy the drivers from the floppy to the drivers folder. then i run hdetection.nlm and it autodetects all the NICs and th...

Netware 6.5 doesn't start after install
I try to install netware 6.5 on ASUS A8V-MX RAID, Athlon 64 3000+, after installation finished I reboot the computer but netware doesn't start. Only caldera dos boot on C:\ prompt. I try to start manulay netware c:\NWSERVER\SERVER but sistem stop to ":" prompt. Please advice y.grigorov@dscbg.com wrote: > I try to install netware 6.5 on ASUS A8V-MX RAID, Athlon 64 3000+, > after installation finished I reboot the computer but netware doesn't > start. Only caldera dos boot on C:\ prompt. I try to start manulay > netware c:\NWSERVER\SERVER but sistem stop ...

Netware 6.5 SP6 doesn't install
Hi, I'm trying to apply Netware 6.5 SP6 to a 6.5 SP5 server. The installations looks to go ok, however, wehn the server comes back up the version is still Netware 6.5 SP5 CPR and none of the modules have been updated. Any ideas? Rob Smythe, > I'm trying to apply Netware 6.5 SP6 to a 6.5 SP5 server. The installations > looks to go ok, however, wehn the server comes back up the version is > still Netware 6.5 SP5 CPR and none of the modules have been updated. > And you did not extract the SP on a machine running McAfee did you? It blindly drops server....

iManager 2.02 on Netware 6 won't install
I'm trying to install iManager 2.02 on a NetWare6/SP4 server running eDirectory 8.7.3.2. The install is unable to authenticate via secure LDAP. The server is listening on port 636. Pkidiag indicates that the server's certificates are fine. Niles.nlm and the newest version of JVM are running; however apache didn't load. iManager 2.02 is running on another server in the same parition in the tree, so I assume the tree certificate is okay. Do I need to check Require TLS for Simple Binds with Password on the server's LDAP group object in order to get authenticate...

Installing Netware 6.5 Servers into a existing Netware 5 environment
We currently have a Netware 5 environment using sp4/sp5 We also have the original cluster services 1.01 running under netware 5. We intend to install a new SAN which will be clustered using 2 new Netware 6.5 Servers. What is the best approach to installing Netware 6.5 in our current environment, should I install the new Netware 6.5 Servers into a new tree, but then how will they communicate with the exisiting Netware 5 Servers. Can I install the Netware 6.5 Server into the exisiting 5 environment and then in the future upgrade the current 5 Servers. Thankyou and best regards ...

installing netware 6.5 cluster into exisiting netware 5 tree.

Installing first Netware 6.5 server into an all Netware 6 Tree
Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write replice into an all Netware 6 tree. Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is there a edirectory version? any documents on this? > Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write > replice into an all Netware 6 tree. > > Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is > there a edirectory version? any documents on this? Read/write replica of the root partition, or read/write of some other partition? ...

Installing Netware 6.5 into a current Netware 5.0 network

installing netware 6.5 servers into a exisiting netware 5 tree.
Currently have Netware 5.0 Servers sp4 and some sp5 We intend to install two new cluster servers running the latest version so would like to install two 6.5 Netware Servers which includes a 2 node cluster. Is it possible to install netware 6.5 into my existing Netware 5.0 network. Also we currently are running a 2 node cluster on netware 5 running the first ver of cluster servers 1.0. We found that this version wouldnt support our subnet mask of 255.255.240.0 but only the default one 255.255.255.0. Can the new version of cluster services support 255.255.240.0 Regards. &g...

Install Netware 6.5 in current Netware 6 for DirXML use?
I would like to install Netware 6.5 in our current NW6.0 environemnt for using the Dirxml starter pack. Any issues such as I have only SP2 on all servers can not go to SP3 at the moment. I know DirxML will require a replica of DirxMl accounts needed so can the two versions of Directory servcies co-exists alright? I would lik eto know if I can simply insert the new NW6.5 into our current tree with out changes to the current NW6 + SP2 environment? Thanks Bradley Bowness, Although SP is recommended, there shouldn't be any compatibility problems. Just be sure to r...

Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Thank you! Mark, > Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new > NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 > servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Run the NWDeploy.exe from the OS CD, run the Extend schema and prepare network options. On Feb 1, 6:09 pm, Hamish <ham...@haitch.net> wrote: > Mark, > &...

Web resources about - How come Imanager isn't install as part of the NetWare 6.5 install? - novell.netware.6x.admin-tools