Host name Domain Name

When setting up a server I am asked for the Hostname.Domain name.  If I
want change the domain name at a later time to something else where can I
do that?

As always, thanks

Coy
0
Coy

Coy,

> When setting up a server I am asked for the Hostname.Domain name.  If I
> want change the domain name at a later time to something else where can I
> do that?

The places that come to mind off hand are sys:etc\hosts ,
sys:etc\hostname , sys:etc\resolv.cfg , and in the DNS certificate. Of
course, depending on the other applications installed there will be
other locations - eg for Apache, Tomcat etc.

--
Hamish Speirs
Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop.

http://haitch.net

(Please, no email unless requested. Unsolicited support emails will
probably be ignored)
0
Hamish

Host name and domain name
Hello, I've installed NSBS 6.0 but during the install I didn't know what to enter for Host Name, Domain Name and Name Server. For the Server Name I enrtered my ISP's DNS server IP. For the Host name I entered "pmc.srv" which is my Netware server name and for the domain name I entered "pmc.com". Now when I go to 192.168.0.1 I get the Welcome to Netware 6 page but if I click on "Open iFolder" to goes to http://pmc_srv.pmc.com:52080/index.html and "Cannot display page" comes up. iFolder works through the desktop client but I nee...

how to change the Host Name Domain Name
Due to a poor initial planning I would like to change the Server host Name/Domain Name so I can do a DNS resolve. How can I do that whitout having to reinstall the OS. Thanks SYS:ETC\RESOLV.CFG is the file you need. -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) ...

Tree name and domain name
I would like to implement CIFS in a domain mode. NW6 sp3 . Any problems with the NT4 domain name and the NW tree or .O being the same name. Server name is unique Thanks in advance, Chris In article <oScQa.12882$2k7.11132@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, Chris wrote: > Any problems with the NT4 domain name and the NW tree or .O being the same > name. Server name is unique > None that I've heard of, but I have not tried it. bd NSC Volunteer SysOp www.InsightNetSolutions.net Personally, I would avoid making the Domain name the same as the ...

tree name and domain name
Can the NDS Tree name and a Domain name be the same? I want to rename the tree, but the domain has the name I want to use. Russell, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the other support tools and options available at http://support.novell.com. - You could also try posting your message a...

Netware 6.5 Installation
Hello, I am test driving Netware 6.5 and am in the middle of installation. I am at the screen where it asks what my Host Name and Domain name is. I don't have a DNS server and my name isn't registered so what should I put in those boxes? My servername is NW1 so I could put that in the Host Name. But, what about the Domain Name? Should I just enter Local? I am using a router which assigns IP addresses. Since I am still testing Netware, and don't have a DNS server, I could just use the HOSTS file on the workstation, correct? Thanks in advance for your help, John...

Domain name forwarding
HiI have written a portal content management system, so that different users have different sites such as:www.portalsite.com/default.aspx?SiteID=1www.portalsite.com/default.aspx?SiteID=2       etc. I have managed to URL rewrite, in the global.asax, to give friendly URLs such as:www.portalsite.com/user01www.portalsite.com/user02 However some users have their own registered domain names which they can forward to their portal site.  For example a user may have 'www.mydomainname.com' (hosted with another ISP) which they forward to point to their portal address ...

How to find/change the 'host' login name AND password, and the 'admin' name AND password...
Hey folks: I've seen this question asked a couple of times, but I've seen or am able to find an answer.  I am trying to find out *where* in the database the password is for anybody.  I have a weak memory, and what I've done pre-3.0 is just look at the Users table, to find out what I named the host/host and admin/admin logins and passwords. However, the password is no longer a column in that table.  And no where in the docs can I find a reference that states *WHERE* the passwords are stored, and how to view them.  Could someone help me out on this?  I *kn...

How to show domain name and user name ("domainname/username") in ASP.NET Web Site Administration Tool while using active directory membership povider?
Hi, I'm using active directory membership provider and SQL role provider in my web application by adding these lines in my web.config file:1 <connectionStrings> 2 <add name="SqlRoleManagerConnection" connectionString="Data Source=FX-IT-HARIS\SQLSERVER2005; Initial Catalog=ASPNETDB; UID=user; pwd=pass" /> 3 <add name="ActiveDirectory" connectionString="LDAP://haris.co.id/DC=haris,DC=co,DC=id"/> 4 </connectionStrings> 5 6 ... 7 8 <membership defaultProvider="AspNetWindowsTokenMe...

Bug?: Domain Name= app name
Hi i believe i have a found a bug and want feedback If your application has the same name as the internet domain (eg www.my-domain.com) the registration of a included HTTPmodules failes under condition that a minus is in the domain name Visual Studio makes as root namespace www.my_domain.com so registration in web.config should be <add name="httpModule1" type="www.my_domain.com.httpModule1, www.my-domain.com" /> i am wrong? -Hanneshttp://www.preishuber.net http://weblogs.asp.net/hpreishuber...

ipaddress, machine name, domain name
I need c# code to determine my ipaddress, machine name, domain name Hi, the System.Net.Dns class contains methods to perform address resolving operations. For example, GetHostName() returns the name of the local computer and Resolve() performs a DNS query on a given host name. Some of these methods return a IPHostEntry object, that holds a list of IPAddress objects.Alessandro Gallo | Blog | My book: ASP.NET AJAX In Action...

NT Domain Name or Server Name
Under Novell it is possible to get the server name through an API call. Is it possible to do the same under Windows NT to get the Windows NT server name or domain name? Ed :~> ...

host/domain name
HiIs there any difference between Request.url.host and request.servervariables["host_name"]?Do they both return same values in every circumstances?Finally, If there is any difference between them, which one should I use to build a url in my application?  Hi, Both are same you can use any oneSatalajWatch The true story of internet ||Yet another forum |||I'm big fan of Open source flash chart for .net very very simple I n t e r v i e w T i p s ...

Host Name.Domain
I am setting up a new server to add to my network and I need help answering this question. The new server is going to be off site, at a new location. My main server here is UMCHS_SVR1. This is going to be UMCHS_SVR3. During set up (after I put in the IP info), I am being asked for DNS information which I assume will be the Primary and Secondary DNS info for the ISP that is providing Internet Access out at the site. My question is, for host name I assume I'll put in UMCHS_SVR3. Is that correct? What do I put in the domain field? My main server resolves to mail.mycompany.com,...

How to host a domain name
 Hi,I would like to know what are the various steps in hosting a domain? Once the domain is hosted, what happens next? When I referred to some web hosting sites, I could see something like transferring domains, registering domains etc..What is all these about? Can someone please help me out in figuring out as to what are the detailed procedures in hosting a domain. I would also like to develop a software which automates the process of buying a domain from an account, checks the hit for that domain for 2 days, and cancel the domain from the software if does not exceed the desired nu...

Web resources about - Host name Domain Name - novell.netware.6x.admin-tools

Domain name - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A domain name is an identification string that defines a realm of administrative autonomy, authority, or control on the Internet . Domain names ...

‘Sydney boom is over’ as buyers start to gain upper hand: Domain Group
... news for buyers who can look forward to a more stable market. The figures are in: Sydney’s great property boom appears to be over. The Domain ...

Any hope for Seymour domain?
THE Hopes’ stables could lay eerily desolate within a week.

Melbourne Metro to close busy city streets for up to three years, including Domain Road
The construction of five new subway stations in inner Melbourne will take five years and force the shutdown of some city streets for more than ...

Fleetwood Mac gets off the chain at Perth's Domain Stadium, despite pouring rain
The pouring rain didn't dampen the enthusiasm of Fleetwood Mac fans who turned out in droves to Domain Stadium on Friday night to celebrate the ...

HTTPS certificates with forbidden domains issued by “quite a few” CAs
... Explorer, and other major browsers. The rules forbid the issuance of certificates for internal names that aren't part of a valid Internet domain ...

First look: Microsoft Azure Active Directory Domain Services puts it all in the cloud
On Oct. 14, Microsoft announced the preview release of Azure Active Directory Domain Services or, as I like to call it, a domain in a cloud. ...

7 Quick Tips Before You Choose Your Domain Name
About to take the plunge? Once you decide on a domain name, you'll be with it for a long time. It's important that you make your choice wisely. ...

5 of the Best Tools to Track and Measure Your Domain’s Social Impact
5 of the Best Tools to Track and Measure Your Domain’s Social Impact written by Guest Post read more at Duct Tape Marketing Photo Credit: Unsplash, ...