File time & date change every time

Hi,

Since some days, I have a curious problem with file time/date on my file
server Novell 6.5 (service pack 4). The date/time "last modified" always
change. For example, I have a file "last modified" 12 september 2003,
17:40. Each time I verify the Properties with Windows XP pro, this
time/date increase !!!. If I copy this file on a local harddisk, the date
is fixed on the file copied, but continue to increase on my file server.
It create hudge problems for incremental backup !!!

Any idea to resolve this strange situation ???

Thanks in advance !
0
easydata

easydata,

> Since some days, I have a curious problem with file time/date on my file
> server Novell 6.5 (service pack 4). The date/time "last modified" always
> change. For example, I have a file "last modified" 12 september 2003,
> 17:40. Each time I verify the Properties with Windows XP pro, this
> time/date increase !!!. If I copy this file on a local harddisk, the date
> is fixed on the file copied, but continue to increase on my file server.
> It create hudge problems for incremental backup !!!

Any anti virus running on the workstation that is configured to scan
network drives, or on the server ?

--
Hamish Speirs
Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop.

http://haitch.net

(Please, no email unless requested. Unsolicited support emails will
probably be ignored)
0
Hamish