Fastest directory listing

I have a NW server 6.5 sp7 that we store images on. I have to do a
directory listing of these images each night output to a file to be used
in other processes. The directory listing takes about 2 hours. I am
simply doing it through a DOS prompt on a Windows machine. Is there any
faster way of doing it? Any suggestions would be great. My problem is
when there are any other issues going on that make this process get
dealyed and I don't find it until the morning when my users would
actually need it. I have thought of doing it once and then just trying
to catch any changes - but there are images getting put in from multiple
sources, in and out of my organization. Just wanting to see if anyone
else has any better/faster ideas. the directory listing with all
directories and individual documents is sitting at about 2.2 million
currently.

--
jpeteet

jpeteet

Do it in Linux...much faster.  IMHO

--el

--
El LaGrew
elbert.lagrew#katun.com

0
elagrew
4/9/2012 2:36:01 PM
That would be great if we actually had any Linux servers or
workstations.

--
jpeteet
jpeteet's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=4039
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=454420

0
jpeteet

Netware 6x Benchmarking Tools
Hello, I am currently evaluating a couple of servers, running Netware 6.5. Does anyone know of a good bencmarking tool I could use to test these servers (preferably free!) Many thanks Andy Stokoe Manchester Metropolitan University UK Netbench? http://www.etestinglabs.com/benchmarks/netbench/default.asp -- Marcel Cox http://support.novell.com/forums/ ...

how to know the directory size with netware tools?
hi, under one directory, there are many sub-directories, i wonder how much size on the disk every sub-directories have used. no third-party tools is allowed in my network environment. so which netware tool can fufill this function? Thanks. Jacky "DIR /AD /S" "Properties of the Root Folder via Windows Explorer" NDIR is a NetWare specific version of DIR with more options you could use to tweak your searches if you want to get fancy. wangjianjin@hotmail.com wrote: > hi, > > under one directory, there are many sub-directories, i wond...

Netware Admin Tools Not Accessible/Installed
I installed OES Linux with Netware and then used the migration tool to migrate a Netware 4.11 server to the new server. Everything has migrated fine (all the users are there, the NDS tree is intact) but the administration tools on the OES server are not functioning. For example, 1) "http://localhost" does not pull up a page, 2) ConsoleOne runs but the option under tools to pull up the "remote console" for this Netware server is not evern there. The bottom line is at this point after reading through the documentation I can find no way to gain access to the Netware ...

Tools, Tools, Tools
</quot> Couple useful things for IT admins out there. I've packaged up Werner and Feder's PoC scanner via py2exe here. You can now simply run: </end_quot> http://www.doxpara.com/ -- "Never drive faster than your ANGEL can fly" ...

List all directories and sub-directories.
I have some simple code i use to display all directories (or files) within a specific directory and pit it into a datagrid, and that works fine. However, i'm wondering if anyone knows of an easy way to display all the sub-directories as well, and just continue drilling on down until i have all the directories located within this one particular directory. It may one have one, then again, it may have 5 anf each of those may have 5, and so on. I hope this makes sense. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Try using a hierarchial control, to match a hierarchial layout.  Or piece together ...

List of lists (listing of)
Ted In the great List 'o lists., is there something which is along the lines of "Personal organisers" ? I have googled and found others - just wondering about the lists and couldn't see anything in there I have a intense, executive type who's after something along the lines of Lotus' personal organiser. Don't know why she wants to change from it when I know she already has it installed. Anybody else got suggestions for a good one? (and dont't ask what I mean by good - it's not for me - perhaps I mean effective) In grc.techtalk, Baz...

Netware 6.5 has any build-in file or directory monitoring tools ?
Netware 6.5 has any build-in file or directory monitoring tools ? for example prevent user by accident deleted files or moved directory to other locations. thanks for help !! On 6/8/2005 tony parker wrote: > Netware 6.5 has any build-in file or directory monitoring tools ? > > for example prevent user by accident deleted files or moved directory to > other locations. > > thanks for help ! Best to ask in the NetWare server forum. -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) Sorry for wrong post !! &quo...

Slow Directory Listing Excel 2002/Netware 6.0
I'm not sure if this problem stems from Office or Novell. When using Excel or Word and a user tries to save a file or browse the directory listing it just sits there (acts like it's locked up). About 35 seconds later it's fine and each subsequent request is fast - it's just the initial request. I know I'm not the only one that has experienced it. Can anyone offer some insight? Dan What versions of NW, SP, DS, client32, PC OS, PC OS SP, and Office? What lan driver, date and version, on the server? Has it always done this or only after what change...

Classic Asp2.0,Oracle 10g with windows 2003 Server(IIS6.0)-Directory Listing Denied: This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed.
Hey,Currently we are using Classic Asp2.0,Oracle 10g with windows 2003 Server(IIS6.0).But when we try to implement the application with the virtual directory say folder name asGNS, we are getting as Directory Listing Denied: This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed. Below mentioned are tried for solutions, then also still we r facing the problem:- 1. 'Enable Default Document' is checked/enabled and default.asp is the top default document. 2.Prev. the Windows server 2003 was in different domain, so we requested the N/w guys to make under a common domain(domain wh...

Netware FTP Server Using NAT Cannot List Files or Directory Contents
At my company, we have recently built an FTP server on Netware 6.5 SP2. We have no problems with internal connectivity or functionality of the server. To facilitate external connectivity for other companies to send and recieve data from our FTP server, we have implemented a NAT enabled router. The router is configured to (through NAT) forward all communication to the internal IP of the FTP server when someone uses FTP to access the external IP of the router. Connectivity works fine. From the outside (the internet) you can FTP to the external (pulic) address, and you are prompted for us...

list trustees of directories/sub-directories
Hi Uupon the recommendation of a couple of other helpful forum users, I downloaded and used DSReports with great success. I need to fing the trustee rights to directories and subdirectories on a volume on the server. Apart from running trustee.nlm, does DSReport support a way to get trustee rights on all directories? Or is there another utility that will allow this? Thanks again for any help! Pete NRM will do it. -- Jeff Johnson CNE6, MCNE, CDE Georgia State University <pdch@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:ABbMd.7803$NQ2.5311@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com....

Directory listings in PowerBuilder and directory watching
Does anyone now how to obtain a directory listing without using the dirlist function? Is there a way to enable pb to watch a directory and take action when a file is placed in that directory? My app needs to continually watch a directory and take action when psr files are saved in that directory. This will be server based so I can't use any visual objects like a drop down ( with the dirlist function ). I was planning on using an infinite loop to check for .psr files and load the filesnames into an array. I will then cycle through the array and process each file. My problem is th...

List the directories and files of directory in a custom way
 Greetings,I view the link which list directories and files of a certain directory in a nice way:http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc164770(printer).aspxand also it also has the navigate path at the top of the table.i like this way of browsing the folder online and i need this feature since i make directory browsing for the folder in IIS 6.0 but it does not list the directories and files of the folder in a nice way and there is no images for the directories and for the files,so how can i do that??your help is highly apprecitedbest regards.    try this code:void P...

getting list of all .html files in a directory and its directories
I need to get a list of all the files that end with '.html' in a directory and all of its subdirectories. I then want to search through each file and remove the ones from the list that contain '<%perl>' or '<%init>'. How can I do this? Thanks for any help. -- Andrew Gaffney Network Administrator Skyline Aeronautics, LLC. 636-357-1548 On Fri, 30 Jul 2004, Andrew Gaffney wrote: > I need to get a list of all the files that end with '.html' in a > directory and all of its subdirectories. I then want to search through > e...

Web resources about - Fastest directory listing - novell.netware.6x.admin-tools

Wikipedia:Quick directory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This page is a handy directory to various locations of interest in Wikipedia. Only dynamic pages should be listed here, no policy pages etc. ...

Wikipedia:WikiProject Council/Directory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Business Directory Listings: Eight Smart Tips for You to Get Started
If you are considering a business directory listing for your small business, congratulations – you are on the right track. Local SEO, local customers, ...

LinkedIn Lookup iOS app aims to replace your company’s awful intranet employee directory
... continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "LinkedIn Lookup iOS app aims to replace your company’s awful intranet employee directory" ...

Atlas Partner Directory Launched
... just for Facebook and Instagram –advertising platform Atlas has one, as well. On that note, Atlas Tuesday introduced the Atlas Partner Directory ...

Slack announces App Directory store
... create more apps for the store, and a new framework called Botkit which should simplify the process of creating apps. The Slack App Directory, ...

The British Library’s ‘Save Our Sounds’ Program Creates Directory of UK Sound Collections
The long-feared deterioration of the world's sound collections is a coming to a head with the British Library's last-ditch initiative called ...

Researchers show how to steal Windows Active Directory credentials from the Internet
... showed at the Black Hat security conference. The attack, called an SMB relay, causes a Windows computer that's part of an Active Directory ...

Researchers find way to steal Windows Active Directory credentials from the Internet
The technique could enable attackers to attack Windows servers hosted in the cloud

Slack's App Directory proves it's more than just a chatroom
... are about to get a little easier to find and integrate within your team and over 160 of them live within the company's new Slack App Directory. ...