Error Code 8884 with Client 4.91 SP2

I have a few workstations that I upgraded to the current version of
Client32 and they are having great difficulty mapping drives to another
server at a different location.  They get the following errors:

LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-890: The specified server is unknown.
LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-430: The following drive mapping operation could not
be completed.
The error code was 8884.

I did some research and found some info to change the Bad Address Cache
in the client from 300 to 0.  That did not seem to help.

I configured the client for IP only.  Workstation is XP SP2.  Firewall
turned off.  Logging into 6.5 servers.

Maybe I should install the client with IPX also?

Thank you
Frank
0
Frank

Frank Cianci,
> I have a few workstations that I upgraded to the current version of
> Client32 and they are having great difficulty mapping drives to another
> server at a different location.  They get the following errors:
>
> LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-890: The specified server is unknown.
> LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-430: The following drive mapping operation could not
> be completed.
> The error code was 8884.

And that server is a, 4.x, 5.x, 6.x server? Is the mapping a bindery-type,
ie server/volume: or an nds path, ie .server1_vol1.rd.acme ?

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2195

0
Anders
11/17/2006 4:32:06 PM
Sorry, I meant to add:
I configured the client for IP only.  Workstation is XP SP2.  Firewall
turned off.  Logging into 6.5 SP3 servers.  Mapping command is:
Map root O:=server/volume:directory

Anders Gustafsson wrote:
> Frank Cianci,
>> I have a few workstations that I upgraded to the current version of
>> Client32 and they are having great difficulty mapping drives to another
>> server at a different location.  They get the following errors:
>>
>> LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-890: The specified server is unknown.
>> LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-430: The following drive mapping operation could not
>> be completed.
>> The error code was 8884.
>
> And that server is a, 4.x, 5.x, 6.x server? Is the mapping a bindery-type,
> ie server/volume: or an nds path, ie .server1_vol1.rd.acme ?
>
> - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
>   NSC Volunteer Sysop
>   Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
>
> Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
> Enhancement requests for all Novell products may be made at
> http://support.novell.com/enhancement
>
> Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2195

0
Frank
11/17/2006 7:11:58 PM
Frank Cianci,
> Sorry, I meant to add:
> I configured the client for IP only.  Workstation is XP SP2.  Firewall
> turned off.  Logging into 6.5 SP3 servers.  Mapping command is:
> Map root O:=server/volume:directory

And that is a bindery map and the client must be able to resolve the name
"server" through some means, SLP, DNS etc.

> Maybe I should install the client with IPX also?

No. It will fix the problem because IPX has name resolution through SAP,
but better fix the problem in IP.

> I did some research and found some info to change the Bad Address Cache
> in the client from 300 to 0.  That did not seem to help.

No. It has nothing to do with this.

Change the mapping to a DS mapping, ie like I told you above and that will
most certainly fix the issue. Nevertheless you should read up in SLP,
there are numerous artcles on the Novell site. Without name resolution,
you cannot find any resources, short of entering their IP addresses, just
as browsing the web is pretty lame without DNS.

So do as I say and if that does not help, then please ask in the client
newsgroup.

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2195

0
Anders
11/17/2006 7:34:47 PM
Very good, Thank you.  The Client newsgroup, is that the
novell.support.client-firewall one?  I accidentally posted one to the
GroupWise Client forum.

Anders Gustafsson wrote:
> Frank Cianci,
>> Sorry, I meant to add:
>> I configured the client for IP only.  Workstation is XP SP2.  Firewall
>> turned off.  Logging into 6.5 SP3 servers.  Mapping command is:
>> Map root O:=server/volume:directory
>
> And that is a bindery map and the client must be able to resolve the name
> "server" through some means, SLP, DNS etc.
>
>> Maybe I should install the client with IPX also?
>
> No. It will fix the problem because IPX has name resolution through SAP,
> but better fix the problem in IP.
>
>> I did some research and found some info to change the Bad Address Cache
>> in the client from 300 to 0.  That did not seem to help.
>
> No. It has nothing to do with this.
>
> Change the mapping to a DS mapping, ie like I told you above and that will
> most certainly fix the issue. Nevertheless you should read up in SLP,
> there are numerous artcles on the Novell site. Without name resolution,
> you cannot find any resources, short of entering their IP addresses, just
> as browsing the web is pretty lame without DNS.
>
> So do as I say and if that does not help, then please ask in the client
> newsgroup.
>

> - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
>   NSC Volunteer Sysop
>   Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
>
> Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
> Enhancement requests for all Novell products may be made at
> http://support.novell.com/enhancement
>
> Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2195

0
Frank
11/17/2006 7:44:12 PM
Frank Cianci,
> Very good, Thank you.  The Client newsgroup, is that the
> novell.support.client-firewall one?  I accidentally posted one to the
> GroupWise Client forum.

No. Support.netware.client.winnt-2x-xp

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2195

0
Anders
11/17/2006 7:53:43 PM
Ah, there it is.  Ok thank you.
Frank

Anders Gustafsson wrote:
> Frank Cianci,
>> Very good, Thank you.  The Client newsgroup, is that the
>> novell.support.client-firewall one?  I accidentally posted one to the
>> GroupWise Client forum.
>>
> No. Support.netware.client.winnt-2x-xp
>
> - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
>   NSC Volunteer Sysop
>   Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
>
> Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
> Enhancement requests for all Novell products may be made at
> http://support.novell.com/enhancement
>
> Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2195

0
Frank

Client 4.83 or 4.90 for XP connecting to NetWare 4.11 server error code 8804
I loaded the Novell Client for XP version 4.83 and also tried 4.90 but, as shown below, there seems to be a problem with the login script mappings. Results window displays: Your current context is FINGERMATE User: FM95 Context: FINGERMATE Your current tree is: Fingermate You are attached to server FM1. LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-430: The following drive mapping operation could not be completed. [INS S16:=FM1_SYS:PUBLIC/JKDATA/AR] The error code was 8804. LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-430: The following drive mapping operation could not be completed. [INS S16:=FM1_SYS:PUBLIC/JKDATA/I...

Error updating 4.90 client to 4.91 SP2
We are having this issue only on our lab systems where the local account is volatile. When upgrading the client on these systems, and then the subsequent reboot, we get an error "Windows cannot find 'C:\Document... blah blah.. \Temp\nwlocal.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. Is there something this update does upon reboot that it requires that executable? Bob University of North Carolina at Charlotte Nwlocal.exe is launched after the reboot if you have specified that you want to delete the local copy of the Client install ...

Client 4.9 sp2 error 8884
Getting this error and tried tid 10091670 but still not connecting to server, any ideas I could try? Thanks Jerry, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the other support tools and options available at http://support.novell.com in both the "free product support" and "paid prod...

Error 8884 on login with 4.91 SP2
Newsgroup - I have a few machines that I have moved to client 4.91 SP2. (From SP1 with a bunch of post-SP1 patches.) On the machines that have been upgraded to 4.91 SP2, error 8884 is reported on a few mappings a good 50% of the time on login. The machines with SP1 are not seeing this problem. Did something change in SP2 that could be causing this? It's a totally random error, but it happens about half the time on login. - Matt Matt, Is SLP setup to resolve NetWare services/names over IP? If so, masking any info. you might consider a security hazard please post ...

ISSUE netware info NW client 4.91 and 4.91 SP1
I have Novell 5 SP6 server (IP and IPX).I am using NW client 4.91 and 4.91 SP1 on WinXP SP1, SP2 workstations - IP protocol is used. When i open netware info tab on XP machine - no information is present (look at screenshot). There is an directory with cyech diactics.When I use NW client 4.83 or 4.90 all informations are present. Thanks for your reply. begin 666 Nw issue.JPG M_]C_X `02D9)1@`!`0$`8 !@``#_X0`617AI9@``24DJ``@```````````#_ MVP!#``@&!@<&!0@'!P<)"0@*#!0-# L+#!D2$P\4'1H?'AT:'!P@)"XG("(L M(QP<*#<I+# Q-#0T'R...

ISSUE netware info NW client 4.91 and 4.91 SP1
I have Novell 5 SP6 server (IP and IPX).I am using NW client 4.91 and 4.91 SP1 on WinXP SP1, SP2 workstations - IP protocol is used. When i open netware info tab on XP machine - no information is present (look at screenshot). There is an directory with czech diacritics.When I use NW client 4.83 or 4.90 all informations are present. Thanks for your reply. begin 666 Nw issue.JPG M_]C_X `02D9)1@`!`0$`8 !@``#_X0`617AI9@``24DJ``@```````````#_ MVP!#``@&!@<&!0@'!P<)"0@*#!0-# L+#!D2$P\4'1H?'AT:'!P@)"XG("(L M(QP<*#<I+# Q-#0T'R<Y...

Client 4.90 SP2 (update D) VS Beta client 4.91
Hi, I have problems opening/closing the same Ms Access database many times in a row. My workstation have WIN XP SP1 and Client 4.90 SP2 Once trying to install beta client 4.91, the problem disappear. (With client 4.83 SP1, the problem isn't present neither..) Anyone know what's the difference with Ms Access file handling between those two client version? Client 4.90 SP2 is validate in our environment for ZFd, IDM2 password synchronization...so I don't really want to upgrade all my clients! Does anyone know a good fix? Regards, Maurice file Caching enable...

Client 4.91 SP2 NWFS.SYS error
I installed the client on Windows XP SP2, with no errors in the installation. When I rebooted my computer, however, there was a bue screen error about nwfs.sys. I downloaded patch kit b to fix the problem, but I do not know how to install it. Can someone please give directions? > I downloaded patch kit b to fix the problem, but I do > not know how to install it. Can someone please give directions? > try to boot in safemode ( F8 ). unzip pathkit "b" and rightclick on _491psp2_pkb.inf, choose install. reboot ...

Client 4.91 install error and XP SP2
I am trying to deploy the 4.91 client on XP SP 2. I get the following error when the install should finish. An unknown error 0X00000001 (1) occured while installing: Novell client for windows. I haven't found any documentation on this. Any ideas woule be helpful. Thanks, Eric Kaufmann kaufmann@slu.edu wrote: > I am trying to deploy the 4.91 client on XP SP 2. I get the following > error when the install should finish. > > An unknown error 0X00000001 (1) occured while installing: > Novell client for windows. > > I haven't found any documen...

NetWare Client 4.91 SP2 not seeing the Tree
--____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm running a NetWare 6.5sp4 network with 3 servers and roughly 500 = clients. I have one, yes one, machine that will absolutely not see the = tree. It's a WinXP sp2 laptop with the firewall turned off and Client 4.91 = sp2. It can surf the internet, it can ping the server, it can even print = with iPrint. Everything looks the same in the client properties.=20 Again, SLP is running, all of the other clients see and connect fine to = the servers. I'm...

NW Client 4.91 SP2
We recently installed the latest Netware Client (4.91 SP2) on our Windows 2000 desktops and are receiving many user calls. Users are experiencing errors when the screen saver kicks in or if they lock the workstation and attempt to unlock the screen saver screen. The error is: "An unexpected error occurred while attempting to unlock the workstation Try to unlock the workstation again, or select different credential type for unlocking Error 0x89FF (35327)" Any ideas what the issue may be or how to resolve, Thanks! Albert F Albert, Was NMAS and NICI install...

netware 4.11 and client 4.91
Can I use the 4.91 client on xp pro workstations connected to a NW 4.11 server? We've just deployed a bunch of new winxp pro computers, and are starting to get complaints that after logging in, all the novell network drives are missing. Subsequent logons (after several) seems to fix the problem at least for a little bit. Or maybe there's another solution? (Upgrading does not count, sorry!) Thanks. wh@photosourcefolio.com wrote: > Can I use the 4.91 client on xp pro workstations connected to a NW 4.11 > server? Not recommended. Best to use v4.83 SP2 whi...

Upgrading from the 4.90 to 4.91 sp2 client
Best practices regarding upgrading from the 4.90 client to the 4.91sp2 client. Is it better to completely remove the 4.90 client, then install the 4.91 client? Or is is just as good of an option to simpling install the 4.91sp2 client on a workstation that still has the 4.90 client on it? Unless your 4.90 installation is seriously corrupted, there is no reason why a simple upgrade wouldn't work. At our site, we always do simple upgrades by automatically installing the new version over the old one without removal and we never had problems with that. -- Marcel Cox (using Xana...

clients 4.90 4.91 and 4.91 with sp1beta problems.
I have posted information about a problem in another section. I will paste them in here now as I believe that theproblem I am having is totally related to clients other than 4.83 sp1. That old client appears to be the only one that works the way it should for the Autocad program when files are on a 6.5 server. If the files are on older servers, then the newer clients also work. Forum/Group: novell.support.netware.6x.install-upgrade Subject: quirk Author: Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 14:37:51 UTC Just finished installing a new 6.5 server. Experimented with novell 5.1 ...

Web resources about - Error Code 8884 with Client 4.91 SP2 - novell.netware.6x.admin-tools

Fat client - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
the name is contrasted to thin client , which describes a computer heavily dependent on a server's applications. A fat client still requires ...

Facebook Forms EMEA Client Council
Facebook announced the formation of its EMEA Client Council in a post in Spanish on the Facebook for Business page by vice president for Europe, ...

Facebook hires: Carsabi team, head of policy France, marketing mix science lead, client partners and ...
... Manager (Prineville) Chief Facility Engineer (Prineville) SMB Associate, French (Dublin) User Operations – Contract (Menlo Park) Client ...

Acquire Learning casts 'a very dark shadow' over its clients
The desperate and jobless are sold hope, but all they are buying is debt "You can hear it in how these clients talk," says a former call-centre ...

Never Complain To Clients Or Adversaries
Even trial lawyers that learn and have fun all the time deal with frustrations and have their gripes. But we should never share those gripes ...

The 2015 Awards Report: See the World's Most Creative Agencies, Campaigns and Clients
We present the winners of our 2015 Awards Report, highlighting the most creatively celebrated companies and personalities of the year. As you'll ...

Anchorage Assembly candidate drops out rather than reveal tutoring clients
... Anchorage Budget Advisory Commission, has withdrawn a bid for the Assembly because she did not want to list the names and addresses of clients ...

Spotlight On NW Creative: Fell Swoop And Its Unique Client Mix
After living in Seattle for a few years, it’s become clear to me that many shops here struggle to capture significant business from clients headquartered ...

Chatting with coworkers, clients, friends and others is easy as Pie
... uses your companys domain). This also means that you can now set up teams to chat with people outside your company, including partners, clients, ...

JPMorgan Admits It Didn't Tell Clients About Conflicts
JPMorgan Chase & Co. will pay more than $300 million to settle U.S. allegations that it didn’t properly inform clients about what the Securities ...