DSRepair error -1

Hi, I have a couple of Netware 6.5Sp8 boxes that I am trying to run an
unattended full repair on.  I was running into issues that it would bomb
out with an error that related to not enough drive space.  I have gone
in and increased the sys volume partition by a significant amount aprox
50%.  Now when I try to do a dsrepair it locks the ds Database,
immediately unlocks the DS Database and then errors out.  the error that
it reports is "error: insufficient disk space or missing files, error:
-1

What is wrong?  I now have 2 servers reporting this error.  The rest of
the servers in my tree are running dsrepair fine.

--
Pfleming

Pfleming

At a first shot: What's about the sys:system\dsrepair.log file(s)? How
much space did they use? Maybe it's a good idea to delete or rename
them. Another attempt would be to use dsrepair -a ->advanced options
->log file and login configuration and disable logging (you may deleted
the files from here too).
At a second shot: How big is your DIB? Is there really enough space for
a copy while running dsrepair? Last but not least: Compare sys: and
_admin: to the well working machines...

Tom

--
bwisupport
bwisupport's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=19240

0
bwisupport
2/10/2012 12:26:02 PM
On Thu, 09 Feb 2012 23:46:01 +0000, Pfleming wrote:

> Hi, I have a couple of Netware 6.5Sp8 boxes that I am trying to run an
> unattended full repair on.

For starters, don't do that. Ever. "Unattended full" is a holdover from
NetWare 4.1 in the 1990s. It is no longer needed, relevant, or a good
idea. Please don't use it.

Second, what problem are you having that you're trying to repair? Why are
you using dsrepair? What symptoms are you seeing?

 David Gersic                                           dgersic_@_niu.edu
 Knowledge Partner                               http://forums.novell.com

 Please post questions in the forums.      No support provided via email.

0
David
2/10/2012 3:30:02 PM
Our DSRepair log is only 218kb tiny.

When I first tried running DSRepair on these servers the first log
entry is what I was getting. As soon as I had enough space, through
either deleting files or expanding the volume, I now get the second log
entry.

NetWare 1602.00 Directory Services Repair 10551.81, DS 10554.34
Log file for server ".NWCC_HOUST.Houston.East.NWCC" in tree "NWCC"

** Automated Repair Mode **
Repairing Local Database
Start:  Wednesday,  8 February 2012  16:39:37  Local Time

** All disk amounts are approximations **
->Current available disk space: 2992 MB
->DSRepair may need to use: 7485 MB
->Disk space remaining after operation: -745 MB

Physical Check
Creating Temporary Files
ERROR: Operation or update failed with Error: -153

Repair process aborted

** Automated Repair Mode **
Finish:  Wednesday,  8 February 2012  16:57:34  Local Time
Total repair time: 0:17:57

/****************************************************************************/
NetWare 1602.00 Directory Services Repair 10551.81, DS 10554.34
Log file for server ".NWCC_HOUST.Houston.East.NWCC" in tree "NWCC"

** Automated Repair Mode **
Repairing Local Database
Start:  Thursday,  9 February 2012  16:39:23  Local Time

ERROR: Insufficient disk space or missing files, Error: -1

Repair process aborted

** Automated Repair Mode **
Finish:  Thursday,  9 February 2012  16:39:28  Local Time
Total repair time: 0:00:05

--
Pfleming
Pfleming's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=28740
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=452101

0
Pfleming
2/10/2012 5:56:02 PM
As David says, you shouldn't be using this option anyway. What if you
run a local repair, does it still error?

If so try updating to the latest and last patch for eDir 8.7.3.10
'NOVELL: Downloads - eDirectory 8.7.3 SP10 FTF2 for NetWare'
(http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=ptQUcC0DfY4~) . If it still
happens with that, you can try loading dsrepair with the -AV switch,
which disables disk space checking.

--
Andrew C Taubman

Opinions expressed above are not