Can not access iManager or Remote Manager on SLES 11/OES 11

Hello,

Ive been using Netware since the 4x days, and have run into an odd
issue on a newly built test server.

Basically, I built out a new sles 11 sp1 / oes 11 server. It is a
stand-alone server in its own tree. I am installing iManager, iFolder
and NSS. As Im building the server out, I am setting up the admin info
with the context cn=user,o=treename. When I try to access the server
through iManager, i get the error:

(Error -626) The object could not be found. It is possible that the
object exists, but the server could not communicate with the server
holding a copy of the object.

If I try to access via remote manager, I get:

Login Error! Username or Password invalid. Please try again.

I know there is something simple Im missing, but, I cant figure it out.
I set my sles 10/ oes2 server up the same way, ran it for years, and
never ran into this issue.

Thanks for any advice.

--
aspink

aspink

This is a NetWare forum, you need the 'OES-linux forums'
(http://forums.novell.com/novell/novell-product-discussion-forums/open-enterprise-server/oes-linux/).

--
Andrew C Taubman

Opinions expressed above are not
necessarily those of Novell Inc.
ataubman's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=34
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=452887

0
ataubman

I can't access the Apache management tools via webmanager I can access the default admin web page (NW6.5), but not using
I can't access the Apache management tools via webmanager I can access the default admin web page (NW6.5), but not using https://ipaddress:2200. A port scan of the server shows that it isn't listening on 2200. I have also used the TCPCON to verify no 2200. I have reinstalled tomcat and apache. I have also tried: ap2webdn admsrvdn tcadmdn tc4stop delete sys:\tomcat\4\work\network admin and standalone ap2webup admsrvup tcadmup tomcat4 (The exercise above creates a new directory structure, but no files within). Where do I look to get this to listen on 2200? ...

SLES 11/OES 11 Partitioning advice needed
I am working on building a couple test oes11 servers in preparation for a move from netware. I allocated 2 "disks", 1 for sles 11 and then one for NSS. If I have a 40 gb disk allocated for sles, what is suggested for setting up the partitioning ? Defaults ? What about using lvm for the sles portion (the default does not seem to use lvm). -- deborahshields ------------------------------------------------------------------------ deborahshields;2185544 Wrote: > I am working on building a couple test oes11 servers in preparation for > a move from netware...

OES 2 / SLES 11 / Netware?!?
Forgive me for asking stupid questions but, what is the preferred upgrade path for physical Netware 6.5 sp8 boxes to Virtual (VM Ware) Linux based systems? We have SLES 11 running several of our Novell related products (Datasync, Reload) so are familiar with SLES 10 and 11. Is OES2 required in order to "keep" Netware or can you use SLES? Is the new Netware the same as as we know it but instead of a DOS backbone it is now Linux based? OR, is OES2 the "new" Netware, using Trees and Containers, etc., and therefore we must load OES2 on our Virtual boxes? We ...

11 #11
Name: André Luiz F. Mchado Email: an_luizdotfathotmaildotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Alpha 5 Summary: 11 Comments: Is the very best!!! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20061204 GranParadiso/3.0a1 ...

ArcServe 11.1SP3: AS-Manager can't "see" a remote server to back it up. AS-Console can!
Hi. S1: NW6.5.7, AS11.1SP3. SLPDA for scope1. S2: NW6.5.7. S1=static SLPDA entry, scope=scope1. WS: WinXP SP3. AS-Manager 11.1sp3 All three can ping each other using the host name. display slp services on both servers is listing all the several entries for S2, especially service:bindery.novell:///S2 and service:nwserver.novell:///S2 When I use the AS-Console on server S1, I *CAN* backup data from S2 and I *CAN* browse the FS of S2. The backups are running fine, they verified to be OK. (restore to FS of S1, compare) When trying to do the same with the AS-Manager from t...

ArcServe 11.1SP3: AS-Manager can't "see" a remote server to back it up. AS-Console can.
Hi. S1: NW6.5.7, AS11.1SP3. SLPDA for scope1. S2: NW6.5.7. S1=static SLPDA entry, scope=scope1. WS: WinXP SP3. AS-Manager 11.1sp3 All three can ping each other using the host name. display slp services on both servers is listing all the several entries for S2, especially service:bindery.novell:///S2 and service:nwserver.novell:///S2 When I use the AS-Console on server S1, I *CAN* backup data from S2 and I *CAN* browse the FS of S2. The backups are running fine, they verified to be OK. (restore to FS of S1, compare) When trying to do the same with the AS-Manager from t...

SLES 11 can't find SATA
Hi all, I've been trying to do an installation of SLES 11 on my MAC Mini (latest version) ... have had no problems what so ever with openSUSE. When trying to do the same installation with SLES 11 it is unable to find any of the two SATA drives. Have tried a number of things - fdisk -l only shows the connected USB CD/DVD drive ... Is there something I'm missing? What is openSUSE doing different to SLES 11 - they are supposed to be identical (other than support from Novell :) ... Can't really raise this question at Novell - so maybe some of you guys can give me a...

can access remote manager with my signon but not admin??????
Hi. this kind of references my last post. I tried remote manager again: i was using our admin account (it's called 'admin'). Well when I put admin in username and our passworkd I get http 500 internal server error (port 8009). HOWEVER, when i use MY signon (username is 'mark' and my password) I can get there!!!!!! does anyone have any ideas on THIS one!!! thanx : > HOWEVER, when i use MY signon (username is 'mark' and my password) > I can get there!!!!!! does anyone have any ideas on THIS one!!! thanx > probably the bindery context is ...

Access Manager Administration Console in SLES 11?
Hi people, In the Access Manager product documentation there is a mention to a OS requirement that is SLES 10. Will I have problems if I use SLES 11 (the company standard) to install the admin console and the identity server? "3.4.1 Linux Requirements . SLES 10 SP2 or SP3, either with 32-bit or 64-bit software on x86-32 and x86-64 hardware." cheers! Ivan -- ivangotti ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Your mileage may vary, I'm in the process of a brand new implementation, but so far, I know at least this much...

Migrating from NetWare to SLES 11, managing file stores
I've got a customer who's migrated their GW System to SLES11 and edirectory which works great, but now they want to migrate their file system there. No NSS volumes, no OES, they want to use SLES 11 and SAMBA and they also have eDirectory on this server. I'm wondering if I need to bag Directory Integration and just go with an all SAMBA solution or is there a document somewhere that will allow me to leverage eDirectory to provide access to the local file shares we'll be creating. Basically, I'm wanting to simplify the migration process. Is there a way to us...

SLES 11 sp1 VNC remote administration access stopped working
Hi How does one re-enable vnc remote administration on sles 11 sp1 VNC was working, and now clients fail to connect. UNVC reports connection failed I used telnet to verify connection on a working host telnet host 5901 RETURNS RFB 003.007 on the failed host it returns to the command prompt i have tried rcxdm restart and it has not helped the xinetd.log has the following entry for the failed attempt 11/11/30@08:24:36: START: vnc1 from=192.168.10.10 11/11/30@08:24:36: EXIT: vnc1 status=1 duration=0(sec) Xorg.0.log does not have any entries that indicate the prob...

Access to Remote Manager within Netware Web Based Admin home page
Within the Netware Web Based Admin home page, under Server Management I used to have an option for 'Remote Manager'. Had to uninstall the Apache Web Admin server and re-install it because of some corruption and this option is no longer there. How do you get it back? Thanks Lenny Lennyd, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://sup...

access netware remote manager via border manager
I have netware6 with sp2 + BM3.7 on the same server. I have 2 lan interface: one public interface and one private interface. Users access internet via proxy service. Netware remote manager listen request from private interface. I want to acces netware remote manager from internet using reverse proxy, but this not function. How make this ?? Don't use reverse proxy. Use an HTTPBIND statement after the HTTPSTK load command to have NRM listen on the public IP address. You also need to have filter exceptions allowing the ports involved. Have a look in the Knowledg...

SLES 11 and OES
Does anyone know if OES will be supported on SLES 11? I just did a quick test install and SLES 11 would not accept the current version of OES. Bob On Fri, 15 May 2009 03:52:35 +0000, Bob wrote: > Does anyone know if OES will be supported on SLES 11? OES2: No. OES3: Presumably but so far no details have been released. -- Joe Marton Novell Knowledge Partner SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 is ready for action. Bob wrote: > Does anyone know if OES will be supported on SLES 11? I just did a > quick test install and SLES 11 would not accept the current version of O...

Web resources about - Can not access iManager or Remote Manager on SLES 11/OES 11 - novell.netware.6x.admin-tools

Index of /wordpress
Name Last modified Size Description Parent Directory - imanager/ 04-Mar-2011 17:26 - squareads/ 17-Mar-2011 00:43 - wp-content/ 04-Mar-2011 17:25 ...

Apple iPod event predictions, long shot edition
Everyone knows we'll get iPods with cameras and a new iTunes, but what else might we see?

DIGITIMES Green energy news
DIGITIMES Green energy news

BT & Huawei achieve real-world super channel speed of 3Tbps
Speed achieved over a fully-managed core Flexgrid optical network Record spectral efficiency of 5.97bit/s/Hz Equivalent to transmitting around ...

Huawei - Products Lifecycle
Worldwide - My Huawei - Log out - Log in Cloud Computing Service Delivery Platform NGBSS Digital Home Enterprise Business Wireless Access Fixed ...

Huawei Products - Huawei
Corporate Enterprise Consumer Carrier Contact Us - Worldwide - Login - Register - Quick Links Products & Solutions By Industry How to Buy Partners ...

Huawei Products
All Products Solutions Case Studies Documentation Center News & Announcements Home Worldwide Login My space Log Out Register Contact Us Networking ...

NPR clarifies its code of ethics for acquired shows - India Gazette
An update to NPR's ethics handbook released Thursday clarifies which staffers and shows should abide ...

NetWare 6 Server Management
With an eye towards passing the Netware 6 CNE exam, this chapter explains the ins and outs of managing a Netware 6 server.

The Linux BeaconNovell Delivers Open Enterprise Server, Preps SUSE Professional 9.3
Novell Delivers Open Enterprise Server, Preps SUSE Professional 9.3 by Timothy Prickett Morgan Novell said this week that it has begun shipping ...

resources last updated: 11/20/2015 1:55:35 PM