Automatically make directories in user's home directory

How can I do this? Basically I want the equivalent of /etc/skel on linux
to happen on my netware box.

Specifically what I am wanting is a Favorites folder and a Desktop
folder made in their home directory so I can use folder redirection to
point those portions of their profiles to there. I do not want to hand
make these folders in every new user's home directory.

Thanks!

Adam
0
Adam

I see that those mirectories are made automatically. Although I would
still be interested to know if there is some way to do an equivalent to
/etc/skel because I can see that being usefull.

Thanks!

Adam wrote:
> How can I do this? Basically I want the equivalent of /etc/skel on linux
> to happen on my netware box.
>
> Specifically what I am wanting is a Favorites folder and a Desktop
> folder made in their home directory so I can use folder redirection to
> point those portions of their profiles to there. I do not want to hand
> make these folders in every new user's home directory.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Adam
0
Adam
7/21/2005 6:17:35 PM
Adam wrote:

> How can I do this? Basically I want the equivalent of /etc/skel on linux
> to happen on my netware box.
>
> Specifically what I am wanting is a Favorites folder and a Desktop
> folder made in their home directory so I can use folder redirection to
> point those portions of their profiles to there. I do not want to hand
> make these folders in every new user's home directory.

Do you create your users using a batch process or C1/nwadmin?  Or depending
on the timing, can you call a batch file to create the folders the first
time they login?

File system factory is the only thing that comes to mind if you don't batch
them.

--
-andy
0

Just create a directory anywhere on the network containing the folders you
want each user to have and assign that as the file system template in the
FSF policy. All new users will be provisioned with that directory structure
and you can backfill the template onto all existing users.

You can also distribute files and other directoies out to all users at any
time in the future.

Download here:
http://www.novell.com/products/filesystemfactory/

Please let us know if you have the least problem or question.

-FSF Development

"Adam" <junk@tsd53.ca> wrote in message
> How can I do this? Basically I want the equivalent of /etc/skel on linux
> to happen on my netware box.
>
> Specifically what I am wanting is a Favorites folder and a Desktop folder
> made in their home directory so I can use folder redirection to point
> those portions of their profiles to there. I do not want to hand make
> these folders in every new user's home directory.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Adam

0
FSF

Accessing a user's home directory
Hello, I'm building a xulrunner application, and I have a need to store/ access files in a user's home directory; that is, the application may be installed system-wide, but each user will be able to store/access their own files with it. How do I reference the user's home directory in a platform-agnostic way? Thanks! John On 06/02/2007 00:46 (CET), john wrote: > Hello, > > I'm building a xulrunner application, and I have a need to store/ > access files in a user's home directory; that is, the application may > be installed system-wide...

Install into user's HOME directory?

Securing or encrypting a user's home directory
Does anyone have any experience or recommendations with products that could encrypt a user's home directory entirely, where by they would unlock it upon logging into the tree? Maybe something that integrates into the Novell client. We use NetWare 6.5 file servers but are headed towards OES2 Thanks! -- dsmi87dgf ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ...

Moving user's home directories to NSS partition
Hi all! Can I move/change my user's home directories to a NSS partition? I need to setup the user home directory when create user account, using \\server\volume at the user home directory field, in iManager. Can I do this? Anybody here has some information about? Tks, Best regards... Alan Cota. On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 00:17:54 +0000, Alan Cota wrote: Sure any user residing in eDirectory can have their home directory residing on an NSS volume, no problem. Just treat it the same way as if the volume had resided on a NetWare server. -- ___________________________...

Can you move User's Home Directories by Hand?
I have a need to move about 200 user's home directories from a NW5.0 server to and NW6.5 server. I was going to do it this weekend. I was searching around on Deja.com and it seems a lot of people pay a bundle to get a utility to do it. Is there anything wrong with just copying the directories from one server to another and then editing the user objects through console1 and changing it to the new loc? Obviously it will take some time, but is there any actual reason or danger invovled in just doing it this way? Thanks for your help. Hopefully, I can get it done this wee...

Re-associate User ID's with Home Directories
Hello all, When our main server crashed, we had to restore from backup. All the volumes containing our users files were restored back into their original location and server was given the same name, but our users have lost the association between their account and home directory. We started to manually go through and re-associate the directories with the users on ConsoleOne, but this would take days. Is there a tool that could perform a batch operation for such a task? The User ID is the same as the folder name. Thanks in advance, Tim Williams If it were me, I'd...

ifolder 2.1 and user's Home directory
Is it possible to have ifolder point to the user's H:drive? I think it would be much easier to maintain. Also easier on the users they would not have to track 2 sets of files. I know this was not available on previous versions. Can someone let me know if its been added or how to do it? Thank you. , > Is it possible to have ifolder point to the user's H:drive? I think it > would be much easier to maintain. Also easier on the users they would not > have to track 2 sets of files. I know this was not available on previous > versions. Can someone let me know i...

Windows My Documents pointing to Netware's Home Directory
Is there a good tid, or something in the cool solutions, or can someone tell me how to get Windows XP "My Documents" to point two your Netware's Home Directory using Zenwork For Desktops version 4. I'm using the Group Policies feature, but can't find anything in the editor for this feature. HELP !! David Hoyt Here are a couple ways that I know of. http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/bordermag/features/trenches/tr_schoo l_tips_bm.html#mattv http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/zenworks/features/trenches/tr_folder _redirect_group_policy_zw....

NXserver, No .Xauthority file in user's home directory
Been trying to get nxserver running on 11.2 i386 at location A and keep getting an error on connecting from client at location B. Code: -------------------- NX> 203 NXSSH running with pid: 6439 NX> 285 Enabling check on switch command NX> 285 Enabling skip of SSH config files NX> 285 Setting the preferred NX options NX> 200 Connected to address: 72.4.183.23 on port: 22 NX> 202 Authenticating user: nx NX> 208 Using auth method: publickey /usr/bin/xauth: /usr/NX/home/nx/.Xauthority not writable, changes will be ignored HELLO NXSERVE...

User's home directory saved in Samba server not locally
Hi guys, Continuing with my assigned task of migrating the company's PCs to GNU/Linux ('openSUSE as server for GNU/Linux clients' (http://tinyurl.com/5sqzjl7)) I managed to set up a DC with roaming profiles for the few remaining Windows users, user validation and login for the openSUSE boxes and a few network shares with different rights. I know there are no roaming profiles for GNU/Linux and I can live with that but I would like to specify wich users/groups would have their home directories saved locally (notebook users) and which will save them on the Samba server...

Creating a user directory other than home directory
Hey there, I have a two-fold problem. I have JRB utilities but I can not see how to make this work. We created a directory in the users home directory. We want to move all these directories out into another main directory and have the same file rights. Plus, when we add new users, we want this directory to be created automatically. Each teacher has a directory called GQWIN in their home directory. This is their gradebook. We want to move all of the teachers gradebooks into one central "Gradebook" directory, then their username, then the GQWIN directory. Curren...

Active Directory user home directory
Hi all. I have a question, how to sync home directorires of users from Identity Vault to Active Directory? Into AD there are 2 LDAP attributes calleds homeDrive (the network drive letter) and homeDirectory that is the network path used to map during user login. My doubt is about the eDirectory volume information. The volume will be not sync to the AD because AD does not recognize this information, right? So, how to sync? I was thinking about create 2 eDirectory attributes where I can write theese informations. What do you think about this? Anyone can help me? Best regards...

"Error: The create user's home directory failed"
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10091890.htm Can anyone speak to the status of this bug? Any fix on the horizon? It is a major roadblock in the adoption of iManager by our helpdesk. Thanks, Phillip I'll ask Suzanne Miles Volunteer Sysop, Novell Support Connection http://support.novell.com/forums/ Supposed to be fixed in the 2.5 release of Imanager. Release date: 4th quarter. Sorry... I don't have any more details. Suzanne Miles Volunteer Sysop, Novell Support Connection http://support.novell.com/forums/ It looks as if ...

Create Directory in Users Home Directory
Hello I was wondering if there was an easy way of creating a directory and coping a file to it in each users home directory, using the login script? Could I just run a batch file like this: @echo off dir F:\homedir\test\test.file 1>2> nul if errorlevel=1 goto test goto end :test mkdir f:\homedir\test xcopy f:\test\test.file f:\homedir\test goto end :end Or is there an easier way? Thanks Jtk, > Or is there an easier way? > ZEN for Desktops... But you can do it with a batch file. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop (...

Web resources about - Automatically make directories in user's home directory - novell.netware.6x.admin-tools

Facebook Users Automatically Checked In To Events They RSVPed Yes To
A reader tipped us off that Facebook is automatically checking in users at events that they RSVPed they would attend. continued… New Career ...

Now Users Can Remove Contacts Automatically Saved by Facebook’s Friend Finder
Two weeks ago, many Facebook users began asking questions about curiously good recommendations suddenly appearing in Facebook’s “People You May ...

App Store - Attachments.me- Gmail inbox software to efficiently manage emails, automatically send/upload ...
Get Attachments.me- Gmail inbox software to efficiently manage emails, automatically send/upload files to cloud storage(Dropbox, Box, and G Drive), ...

Automatically organize your desktop icons into shaded areas called Fences! - YouTube
Fences® is the most popular desktop organization tool used by millions of users worldwide. Create shaded areas called "fences" to automatically ...

CSAIL fixes software bugs automatically, in any language, by copying from safer applications
A new system can repair bugs in software using smart processing that imports functionality from other programs, all without access to source ...

Emailing porn at work not automatically sackable, court finds
Australia's federal court has upheld a ruling that emailing pornography in the workplace is not automatically a sackable offence.

Shazam iPhone app now listens for music, TV shows automatically
Shazam has updated its iPhone app to tag songs, TV shows and more on its own, no longer requiring users to open the app and tap a button.

App of the day: Human for iPhone automatically tracks your movements
Human for the iPhone is an activity tracker that automatically distinguishes between different types of movement.

iPhone 5 automatically rotates using Cycloramic App. - YouTube
[NEW VIDEO] Cycloramic 2.0 update teaser vid with panoramic photo preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjHUID07xs4 Cycloramic has been Awarded ...